Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the DNC actively working against Sanders bother you?
Yes 115 74.68%
No 39 25.32%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 05:18 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,723,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Hillary is the embodiment of everything that is completely wrong in this country. She doesn't have any morals and only cares about herself. She's going to go down in flames against The Donald. It's going to be great watching everything blow up in her face.
It really comes down to Trump at the debates. EVERYONE is going to tune in and i mean everyone. If Trump can act calmer and more professional and stay out of the mud and just talk about issues and appear presidential, he has a shot, if he's all over the place, he might have a problem winning. He needs to come across as the honest adult who's going to fix the mess, we all know about the nicknames and whatnut, but he's gotta give some people confidence that he's got a steely resolve and nothing rattles him...than he will win. I don't know if he can do that though, hopefully Paul and his kids can get some sense into him before the debates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 05:27 PM

14,720 posts, read 14,695,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
The latest Gravis poll, which has average accuracy, and patially includes the #DNCleak news cycle, had Trump up by +2 in a head to head with Clinton. Very encouraging that people are reacting to some of the most damaging political information that had ever been released. I believe the full gravity of the collision between Clinton, DNC, and the corporate media has yet to be digested. It's everything that we thought and feared it is.

I hope Stein and Johnson are included in future polls.
Candidates always poll better after their convention.

As for the topic at hand, Bernie is an Independent not Democrat. He only ran as a Dem because it gave him the best chance to be president. If he had won so many votes the party had no choice but to nominate him, he'd be in Trump's position right now.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:27 PM

23,610 posts, read 17,294,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
They were conspiring back in March 2015 to make her the nominee

Wikileaks Proves Primary Was Rigged: DNC Undermined Democracy | Observer

"In its recent leak of 20,000 DNC emails from January 2015 to May 2016, DNC staff discuss how to deal with Bernie Sanders’ popularity as a challenge to Clinton’s candidacy. Instead of treating Sanders as a viable candidate for the Democratic ticket, the DNC worked against him and his campaign to ensure Clinton received the nomination."

Wondering if there’s a good Bernie narrative for a story, which is that Bernie never ever had his act together, that his campaign was a mess,” wrote DNC Deputy Communications Director Mark Paustenbach to DNC Communications Director Luis Miranda, in response to backlash over DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz shutting off the Sanders campaign’s access to voter database files."

"Other emails show DNC staff in damage control over allegations from the Sanders campaign, when a report—corroborated by a Politico—revealed the DNC’s joint fundraising committee with the Clinton campaign was laundering money to the Clinton campaign instead of fundraising for down-ticket Democrats. Regardless of the fundraising tactics, because both major campaigns didn’t agree to use the joint fundraising committee super-PAC with the DNC, the DNC should have recused itself from participating with just the Clinton campaign."

And let me guess, most Democrats could care less about this, right?
Actually this is another reason to vote dem. the dems get things done whether they do it legally or illegally. the law does not stand in their way.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:29 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,196,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
It really comes down to Trump at the debates. EVERYONE is going to tune in and i mean everyone. If Trump can act calmer and more professional and stay out of the mud and just talk about issues and appear presidential, he has a shot, if he's all over the place, he might have a problem winning. He needs to come across as the honest adult who's going to fix the mess, we all know about the nicknames and whatnut, but he's gotta give some people confidence that he's got a steely resolve and nothing rattles him...than he will win. I don't know if he can do that though, hopefully Paul and his kids can get some sense into him before the debates.
I do believe he can be more composed and it's well known he doesn't put up with people's BS. He's been calling the DNC corrupt since the Republican primaries. Now there is concrete proof of his claims. However, it won't change anything with the morally bankrupt Hillary supporters.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:32 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,562,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Actually this is another reason to vote dem. the dems get things done whether they do it legally or illegally. the law does not stand in their way.
So did the Nazi's, so did Stalin.

the DNC makes Nixon look like an angel. in retrospect, what he did pales in comparison to everything HRC has gotten away with.

Last edited by Northeastah; 07-23-2016 at 05:41 PM..

Old 07-23-2016, 05:39 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,723,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I do believe he can be more composed and it's well known he doesn't put up with people's BS. He's been calling the DNC corrupt since the Republican primaries. Now there is concrete proof of his claims. However, it won't change anything with the morally bankrupt Hillary supporters.
Hopefully he's laying out a gameplan to make hillary think he's going to be attacking her so she's going to have a gameplan to attack back, if he can just come out in the first debate and be presidential and stay out of the mud, no crooked nicknames and just calm and presidential, he might come across as the adult while she's the petulant child.

Hillary's entire campaign will be to convince you that Trump is no good, she won't ever talk positively about herself, she knows she's radioactive, her only shot is to convince you that Trump is worse and you hold you nose and vote for her.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:44 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,639,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Candidates always poll better after their convention.

As for the topic at hand, Bernie is an Independent not Democrat. He only ran as a Dem because it gave him the best chance to be president. If he had won so many votes the party had no choice but to nominate him, he'd be in Trump's position right now.
That's fine. Your comfortable with a corrupt political system as many are. You are certainly not alone.

However, Sanders was on the Democratic ballots, the DNC because they are running the election is suppose to be neutral (I hope you understand why), and they were rigging it along with the Clinton machine while they were denying it.

The honest thing to do was simply announced that the primary was rigged, there was no chance for anyone to win other than Clinton, and save everyone time and money. Do you figure they had a reason to pretend that Clinton's election was not rigged?

Old 07-23-2016, 05:44 PM

37,972 posts, read 17,919,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
They were conspiring back in March 2015 to make her the nominee

Wikileaks Proves Primary Was Rigged: DNC Undermined Democracy | Observer

"In its recent leak of 20,000 DNC emails from January 2015 to May 2016, DNC staff discuss how to deal with Bernie Sanders’ popularity as a challenge to Clinton’s candidacy. Instead of treating Sanders as a viable candidate for the Democratic ticket, the DNC worked against him and his campaign to ensure Clinton received the nomination."

Wondering if there’s a good Bernie narrative for a story, which is that Bernie never ever had his act together, that his campaign was a mess,” wrote DNC Deputy Communications Director Mark Paustenbach to DNC Communications Director Luis Miranda, in response to backlash over DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz shutting off the Sanders campaign’s access to voter database files."

"Other emails show DNC staff in damage control over allegations from the Sanders campaign, when a report—corroborated by a Politico—revealed the DNC’s joint fundraising committee with the Clinton campaign was laundering money to the Clinton campaign instead of fundraising for down-ticket Democrats. Regardless of the fundraising tactics, because both major campaigns didn’t agree to use the joint fundraising committee super-PAC with the DNC, the DNC should have recused itself from participating with just the Clinton campaign."

And let me guess, most Democrats could care less about this, right?
Why would a morally and ethically bankrupt party care?

Old 07-23-2016, 05:49 PM

26,583 posts, read 15,153,477 times
Hillary's convention speech leaked:

Hi, I am Hillary Clinton and here is my life story.

I was a multi-millionaire when I left the White House, but I told you I was dead broke. I never had an inflation adjusted income below 6 figures while my husband was governor of Arkansas, because I was a full law partner and then served on 3 Board of Directors including for Walmart - but I said I was "poor" during this time!

I got off scott free with my email scandal, because I am a political elite.

The DNC rigged the primary in my favor, because of my political connections.

Please join me as I seek the presidency to fight against special privilege for you, the 99%!

Good bye Philadelphia, I am off on a private jet to stay at a 5 star hotel that my family's charity pays for!

<sheep> applause <sheep>

In all seriousness, how can Hillary continue her message blasting special privilege to any honest informed person - I realize much of her support isn't, but some are.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:59 PM

37,972 posts, read 17,919,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Hillary's convention speech leaked:

Hi, I am Hillary Clinton and here is my life story.

I was a multi-millionaire when I left the White House, but I told you I was dead broke. I never had an inflation adjusted income below 6 figures while my husband was governor of Arkansas, because I was a full law partner and then served on 3 Board of Directors including for Walmart - but I said I was "poor" during this time!

I got off scott free with my email scandal, because I am a political elite.

The DNC rigged the primary in my favor, because of my political connections.

Please join me as I seek the presidency to fight against special privilege for you, the 99%!

Good bye Philadelphia, I am off on a private jet to stay at a 5 star hotel that my family's charity pays for!

<sheep> applause <sheep>

In all seriousness, how can Hillary continue her message blasting special privilege to any honest informed person - I realize much of her support isn't, but some are.
because her party is morally and ethically bankrupt. The dems don't care about the truth. If they did they wouldn't have re elected a bald faced lair as well as nominated another bald faced liar.
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections