Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does the DNC actively working against Sanders bother you?
Yes 115 74.68%
No 39 25.32%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 12:58 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,640,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
It is what it is. There has never been and never will be squeaky clean government. As long as things get spread around to the electorate nobody cares about graft. They only make a stink now because pretty much nothing gets done for them.
Especially with people such as your friends who are such supporters.

Maybe we should start teaching your brand of Government in schools? You know, while were are discussing Dictatorships and Totalitarian governments and how they work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 12:58 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,309,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I see. Any Democrat automatically supports corruption.

May be true? Anyway, I left the Democratic Party yesterday so I am no longer obligated to support political and economic corruption.
Good luck being an independent I guess?

Old 07-23-2016, 12:59 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,025,655 times
Quote:
You know what I find cute? This is pretty much a non starter with my liberal/Bernie friends. None of them care. However, when I head to twitter all the outrage is coming from GOP members and Trump supporters.
Exactly is a thinly veiled attempt at swinging voters to Trump. There was no fraud, absolutely nothing to be outraged about.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:00 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,985,852 times
Quote:
It is what it is. There has never been and never will be squeaky clean government. As long as things get spread around to the electorate nobody cares about graft. They only make a stink now because pretty much nothing gets done for them.
WTF? You dont care about corruption, a tiny elite rigging the election, rigging the economy, causing massive despair, poverty (notice how poverty is never mentioned in our elections???) and human suffering? And people who object to this "make a stink?". Whats wrong with you? They dont care about you, why do you care so much about them to defend them?

Old 07-23-2016, 01:01 PM

8,653 posts, read 10,185,286 times
Quote:
Which we both know don't exist. Kind of curious how all the right wingers on here are always loaded with Bernie friends.
Hecate...you really are clueless. I have never declared myself to be a right winger and in fact am not. I am a gay man who uses his brain to decide what to think instead of being brainwashed by the agenda-driven media and I have many friends like myself. We may not all share the exact same beliefs, but we enjoying learning from each other. Not all of us live in the type of bubble that you find so comfortable for yourself. Just because you are resistant to learning from others doesn't mean the rest of us follow suit.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Exactly is a thinly veiled attempt at swinging voters to Trump. There was no fraud, absolutely nothing to be outraged about.
Not really. It's a not so thinly veiled attempt to discuss how thoroughly corrupt and polluted the Democratic Party had become. There is no discussion unless there are two sides, and I enjoy debating with those who embrace corruption in all forms. It makes the world interesting.

More to say on the merits of corruption?

Old 07-23-2016, 01:02 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,309,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
WTF? You dont care about corruption, a tiny elite rigging the election, rigging the economy, causing massive despair, poverty (notice how poverty is never mentioned in our elections???) and human suffering? And people who object to this "make a stink?". Whats wrong with you? They dont care about you, why do you care so much about them to defend them?
If you can't make it in this country then its your own fault. There is more opportunity in American than in a lot of our allies. The job is to help people get there but not do the job for people.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:05 PM

25,866 posts, read 16,576,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Everyone who cares knows about it. It trended on all social media.

It broke the camel's back. My wife and I changed out political affiliation last night and are no longer registered as Democrats. The first time for me in 47 years. The party is rotten to the core.
My wife was a much more faithful Democrat than me. She is done with them now too. What did it for her was Hillary taking up for Bernie's free State College thing. This will ruin public universities and anyone with a brain knows that. Hillary will say anything, cover up anything, kill anyone to get what she wants. The light is coming on for a lot of Democrats.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Hecate...you really are clueless. I have never declared myself to be a right winger and in fact am not. I am a gay man who uses his brain to decide what to think instead of being brainwashed by the agenda-driven media and I have many friends like myself. We may not all share the exact same beliefs, but we enjoying learning from each other. Not all of us live in the type of bubble that you find so comfortable for yourself. Just because you are resistant to learning from others doesn't mean the rest of us follow suit.
I was a Democrat for 47 years. I marched in Washington for Equal Rights for women and African-Americans rights. I campaigned for the Equal Rights Amendment in Illinois. I marched to protest the Vietnam War and to uphold justice for all. More than that, I fought in my workplace for equal employment access for all, and it cost me my job.

And now, the party that I helped to build had been ransacked by a bunch of corrupt politicos who only match for themselves. It can't be changed so I left.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:06 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,988,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Wasserman Schultz deserves the can. In congress, she has been actively trying to appeal a part of the Dodd Frank act with the republicans to allow even more risky investments that the public could be liable.
And you're going to vote for them hook, line, and sinker. Crooked Hillary is Wasserman-Schultz's biggest fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections