Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2016, 01:13 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

The fascinating things that I've noticed about those who don't support Trump is this.
  • They endlessly post in topics about Trump.
  • They are loath to admit to who they support instead.
  • They never start topics on why their candidate is leading, why people will be voting to this candidate, why their candidate will win.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
He's attacked Hillary and Fiorina on looks alone, made a gaff with male genitalia on Hillary and what about the Megyn Kelly incident? Isn't it conventional wisdom that when it comes in three, it's worthy of a trend?
Big deal. That hypocrite Fioina went after her opponents looks. At least Trump clarified his dumb insult. AND that is no proof he hates women. How absurd.

Quote:
Here is a quote from the disgraceful article YOU linked too.
"When he called all Mexicans rapists, thugs and murders"
He never said that. He said the Mexican government was sending them over. Anything else is dishonest.
Quote:
A number is personality but personality influences policy. Also you put the foreign policy, gun rights, property rights, abortion rights, deportation plan cost and tax plan criticisms in with "personality."
No you don't. Only someone who follows tabloids and/or is uninformed does. It's always about policy.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 01-03-2016 at 01:29 PM..

Old 01-03-2016, 01:16 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,635 times
I don't consider myself a Republican or a Democrat (I dislike both parties), but I love Trump.

I've never voted (and would have to do some research in how to even go about doing it), but I will absolutely vote for Trump.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:23 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
I didn't make things up, I'll back it up:

1. He supports universal health care
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJfKdp3bDs

2. He backed a $5.7 trillion tax increase, the largest tax increase in the history of the world
Source: The Time Donald Trump Proposed a $5.7 Trillion Wealth Tax | Tax Foundation

3. He supported Obama's stimulus scheme
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCaXCWa-qw

4. He opposes free trade
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy0LjTnSpn0

5. He wants to spend a minimum of $140 billion deporting everyone here illegally regardless of how it would force law enforcement to stereotype and violate the 4th amendment rights of legal immigrants while taking resources away from fighting violent crime, drugs, and our enemies
Source: Donald Trump's deportation plan would cost $100-200 billion | MSNBC

6. He wants to increase domestic spending

7. He wants to violate the rights of innocent muslims by tracking them
Source: Donald Trump: we need to track all Muslims in America

8. He is weak on property rights
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmM4ZBoppNQ

9. His companies declared bankruptcy four times
Source: Donald Trump bankruptcy: Everything you want to know - Aug. 31, 2015

10. He has benefited from corporate welfare and continues to support corporate welfare
Source: L.A. Times Examines Trump's Gold-Plated Corporate Welfare - Columbia Journalism Review

11. He has endorsed direct talks with our enemies such as Iran and Russia without pre-condition
Sources: Donald Trump: I'd 'get along very well with' Putin - CNNPolitics.com,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jFdN-W8av8

12. His tax plan will increase the national debt by over $9 trillion
Source: Analysis: Trump tax plan would cost $9.5 trillion | TheHill

13. He once refused to endorse a ban on partial-birth abortion
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOlXidHXRE

14. He has been involved in frivolous lawsuits and continues to support frivolous lawsuits
Source: Donald Trump's Most Ridiculous Lawsuits - Fortune

15. He's against first amendment rights
Source: Donald Trump and the First Amendment in his $500 million lawsuit

16. He supports federal funding of planned parenthood
Source: Donald Trump on Planned Parenthood defunding: Waffling - CNNPolitics.com

17. He has shown that he is a racist
Source: Donald Trump is running the most explicitly racist campaign since 1968

18. He has insulted veterans
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KrMW2TcaOI

19. He lacks class
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V1LcpsNDfg

20. He isn't very smart
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7UcQcD9INI

21. He is not an ethical person
Source: 5 Awful Things About Donald Trump -- The National Memo

22. He is not a very honest person
Source: Donald Trump Is the Biggest Liar of 2015 - TheStreet

23. He has corrupted the culture with his reality tv series
Source: http://thewilderness.me/circus-circu...on-clownstick/

24. He has made stereotypical remarks towards Jews and has mocked Catholics
Sources:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_Y3YIN43c,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3l0e6nS9oI

25. He makes Bill Clinton's extramarital affairs look like nothing
Source: The Marriages - Top 10 Donald Trump Failures - TIME

26. He surrounds himself with people who just want attention
Source: Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s Lawyer: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

27. He can't win a general election or inspire the country
Source: Analysis: 3 Reasons Trump Can't Win

28. He's way too angry
Source: Are Trump Supporters Angry Enough to Vote? | RealClearPolitics

29. He's not a mentally stable person, we can't have a President who is unstable
Source: Less Than Artful Choices: Narcissistic Personality Disorder According to Donald Trump | Big Think

30. He has lowered the level of dialogue in this campaign

31. He's a fraud
Source: Will the real Donald Trump please stand up? - POLITICO

32. His statements towards women, including Megyn Kelly, have been disgusting
Source: 18 Real Things Donald Trump Has Actually Said About Women

33. He has won praise from Vladmir Putin & David Duke
Sources: White nationalist David Duke praises Trump's candidacy - CNNPolitics.com, Putin loves Donald Trump | Washington Examiner

34. His wife would be the first first lady with risque images out there
Source: Melania Trump's extraordinary journey from Communist's daughter to potential First Lady | Daily Mail Online

35. He makes Bernie Sanders look like a moderate
Sources: Bernie Sanders Has One Pro-Wall Street Vote, Did Donald Trump support the Wall Street bailout as anti-tax Club for Growth says? | PolitiFact Florida

36. His buildings are disgusting
Source: Donald Trump Has Managed To Enrage An Entire City

37. He is an egomaniac
Source: Donald Trump -- The White House Doesn't Need Another Egomaniac | National Review Online

38. He's a media *****
Source: Donald Trump: Media King, 2015 - CNNPolitics.com

39. He doesn't know what the nuclear triad is
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq6UtGcGPLM

40. He's weak and indecisive on foreign policy
Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJHgA4_0CAo
He has supported some horrible policies like bailouts, single payer, eminent domain, continued involvement in the Middle East and I wont support Trump ever. But you made things up in your first post and are repeating them again. As well as using the tabloid garbage on things that have nothing to do about policy. You found some articles but never did anything more than scratch the surface.

You falsely play the race card. That is repulsive tabloid garbage.

Who cares if Putin and Duke said something positive about him? Like I said and you proved yet again, you're into the tabloids. It's always about policy.

He's the establishment but doesn't come close to making Sanders look like a moderate.

He doesn't want to track Muslims. That was made up but understandable because he isn't clear on his stance.

Endorsed direct talks with our enemies such as Iran and Russia? Why yes lets stop talking with them because that's how things get done right?

We haven't had free trade we have had managed trade. Trump hasn't been clear on what he exactly thinks free trade is.

He is hard to understand with his "we need to do something" statements.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:29 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The fascinating things that I've noticed about those who don't support Trump is this.
  • They endlessly post in topics about Trump.
  • They are loath to admit to who they support instead.
  • They never start topics on why their candidate is leading, why people will be voting to this candidate, why their candidate will win.
That is because I haven't decided yet who I am going to support, I have several candidates I am considering. It is still early in the election cycle and this is normal. I doubt I am alone. I have, however, decided with unshakable certainty that I will not vote for Trump.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
the media likes saying Christie is a thinking mans Trump
I'd like to know who said that. I've never heard it before.

Christie is a big-government Republican who strongly supports government surveillance of private citizens. That, alone, is enough to turn me off. Both he and John Kasich are closer to Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders in their governing philosophies than they are to people like Rand Paul or Donald Trump.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Big deal. That hypocrite Fioina went after her opponents looks. At least Trump clarified his dumb insult. AND that is no proof he hates women. How absurd.

Here is a quote from the disgraceful article YOU linked too.
"When he called all Mexicans rapists, thugs and murders"
He never said that. He said the Mexican government was sending them over. Anything else is dishonest.
No you don't. Only someone who follows tabloids and/or is uninformed does. It's always about policy.
Tell me how is tax plans, gun rights, women's rights, healthcare, etc. are simply personality? What I don't like about him personally also can lead to bad policy. He is far too brash to be President. Imagine him dealing Putin and starting to throw insults at him. America has proven time and time again, NOBODY LIKES A PRESIDENT WHO WILL GO NUCLEAR. Didn't work with Goldwater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He has supported some horrible policies like bailouts, single payer, eminent domain, continued involvement in the Middle East and I wont support Trump ever. But you made things up in your first post and are repeating them again. As well as using the tabloid garbage on things that have nothing to do about policy. You found some articles but never did anything more than scratch the surface.

You falsely play the race card. That is repulsive tabloid garbage.

Who cares if Putin and Duke said something positive about him? Like I said and you proved yet again, you're into the tabloids. It's always about policy.

He's the establishment but doesn't come close to making Sanders look like a moderate.

He doesn't want to track Muslims. That was made up but understandable because he isn't clear on his stance.

Endorsed direct talks with our enemies such as Iran and Russia? Why yes lets stop talking with them because that's how things get done right?

We haven't had free trade we have had managed trade. Trump hasn't been clear on what he exactly thinks free trade is.

He is hard to understand with his "we need to do something" statements.
Trump panders to the tabloids and news networks rather than actually do real stump speeches on policy, it's all rhetoric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'd like to know who said that. I've never heard it before.

Christie is a big-government Republican who strongly supports government surveillance of private citizens. That, alone, is enough to turn me off. Both he and John Kasich are closer to Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders in their governing philosophies than they are to people like Rand Paul or Donald Trump.
Trump isn't close to Rand at all. Trump is just looked at for immigration and anti-PC rhetoric. Nothing on actual meat and potatoes policy, just the sizzle on the steak.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:02 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
As Bernie Sanders said on yesterday''s Sunday news talk show, "Donald Trump is a pathological liar."

If you get a chance to listen to Trump's Face the Nation interview podcast CBS News 3 Jan, you're going to just shake your head how stupid Trump is.

Last edited by BucFan; 01-04-2016 at 02:01 AM..

Old 01-04-2016, 05:16 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
One reason is because this first ad is a joke. It looks like something from Comedy Central. Something I don't take seriously.

Great Again TV Spot | Donald J Trump for President

Old 01-04-2016, 05:32 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
I like Donald. I have learned a lot from him...books, on his Apprentice show...
but, I stop with the Republicans period...because I want more background checks
at the Gunshows.

I want mentally ill and others involved with Jihad, Isis and all to not be able to get these
AK type semi automatic weapons...they are not shooting deer and elk and
antelope with them.
I'm in CO and own plenty of guns...so many I sold a couple.
I don't want nuts to have them.
He will veto any gun control that could get through with Obama.

I have guns...I want better background checks, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections