Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2016, 02:33 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,443,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That's just silly. There's one thing that drives economies in border towns: Goods and people moving across the border.
I rarely agree with what you say, but this time you are right on. Of course that is one of the silliest plans I or many have ever heard. If he were to spout this off to too many his game would be over. I think his magic word is Real Estate. He thinks that is all that really matters.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Trade will still occur even with the wall as there would be clear large passages to get from one side of the wall to another via doors
Tell me, you started this thread telling us how you were going to convince us to vote for Trump and yet, I haven't seen one thing you have said that has changed anyone's minds. If you really believe what you are saying about the wall, God Help you!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma83 View Post
Is anyone else HIGHLY entertained with the whining of WHY people don't support the best candidate in my lifetime? I am 31 BTW. OH GAWD! He is waking up people that this country belongs to! OH GAWD! He might send criminals that are here illegally back to where they come from! OH GAWD! He has a big mouth! I would rather have a weakling with no backbone like Obama! Its highly amusing. Truly it is. OH GAWD! I want a "woman" that lets her husband abuse women our entire marriage,defended a child rapist and laughed about the rape and I want to run on a "women's rights" platform!
Do you really think any of the Republican candidates want criminals that have committed felonies to remain in this country? He isn't the only one that wants to deported for good. If by criminals, you simply mean people who have come across the border illegally or overstayed their visas, that is another story.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Your so-called arguments are collections of words that don't really make sense but sound good. Reminds me of a trump stump speech. The idea of the wall as a spur to real estate development is the perfect illustration of the mental capacity of trump supporters. Thank you for that.
He is a student of Trumps, don't you understand that? Or maybe just a blind follower, whichever he isn't convincing anyone. In fact his ideas on what Trump wants to do and can do might actually be chasing some away. I am thinking a few people, who are reading this and trying to understand where he is coming from or going are saying: Holy Cow, if these are the type of people who are supporting Trump I want no part of it.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:03 PM

15,506 posts, read 6,514,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He is a student of Trumps, don't you understand that? Or maybe just a blind follower, whichever he isn't convincing anyone. In fact his ideas on what Trump wants to do and can do might actually be chasing some away. I am thinking a few people, who are reading this and trying to understand where he is coming from or going are saying: Holy Cow, if these are the type of people who are supporting Trump I want no part of it.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

I support Trump because in my mind he is the best choice in changing the bi-partisan direction politicians in this country are leading us down. Larger infrastructure spending while allowing the free market to proper without anymore corporate welfare and endless wars. if you don't agree with these basic goals then I don't know what to say

Old 01-01-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:

I support Trump because in my mind he is the best choice in changing the bi-partisan direction politicians in this country are leading us down. Larger infrastructure spending while allowing the free market to proper without anymore corporate welfare and endless wars. if you don't agree with these basic goals then I don't know what to say
doesn't seem like too many on here agree with you. In fact a few that actually are supporting him might question your reasoning on the wall, or fence, whatever you want to call it. That is where you totally lost me. And BTW I always vote, I take my civic duty seriously.

Now I think I am just going to go watch the Rose Bowl game and let you continue believing he is God, come back to earth.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:45 PM

461 posts, read 335,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Do you really think any of the Republican candidates want criminals that have committed felonies to remain in this country? He isn't the only one that wants to deported for good. If by criminals, you simply mean people who have come across the border illegally or overstayed their visas, that is another story.
I mean illegals that broke a law to come here and stay here and need kicked out or lets use them for free manual labor!

Old 01-01-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I mean illegals that broke a law to come here and stay here and need kicked out or lets use them for free manual labor!
ok, glad you explained what you meant. Yes, the broke the law, would I like to see them deported? It isn't that simple. Better than deporting all of them: what I would choose and this is just a personal opinion: they get no government assistance, if they have broken any law (other than the obvious, being here illegally) send their as@@S back, and if they stay they learn English and pay a fine. The thin line or not so thin, is the families involved. They are kids and grandkids to consider, there are a lot of illegals here who are contributing is a good way. There was a time when I would totally agree with you, but my brain, for what is worth has rethought the situation and I realize there is no way we can send them back and for those of you who fall for Trumps ideas, really stop and consider he has no intention of carrying through with his plan, cause he is bring enough to know it can't be done. Stopping them from entering the country can be done or certainly controlled better than now and making it not so attractive is another approach, but his plan is just not workable. If you think it is, go turn on the TV, and tell me Iowa can still win the game.

Old 01-02-2016, 07:59 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,112,149 times
Quote:

Trump wants to further war, not end it. He wants to war with ISSI/ISLS. Just another Middle East war. We already have two going on. It sounds like the "Hey Pal" commercial from the Dukakis campaign in 88.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8WdW4Dlbk

Old 01-02-2016, 09:34 AM
JRR

8,273 posts, read 5,804,217 times
Quote:
You do realize Clinton has gone from a 16 point lead in July over Trump to a 1 point lead over Trump as of yesterday right? But hey don't let me squash your dreams.
Focusing on national polls is not that big a deal. The important thing is where the votes are; not how many there are total. A Republican can win by a landslide in Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Nebraska, Kansas, Mississippi, the Dakotas, etc., pile up a lot of votes and it doesn't mean much in the way of electoral votes. The important thing is to win the states with the large electoral vote count, even if the winner barely squeaks out a win. Much better to win Florida by 70,000 votes than to win Idaho by 200,000 votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections