Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 10:16 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,467,299 times

Advertisements

as for the passport records.......

this usually comes up in birtherdom under the belief that obama traveled to pakistan in 1981 using an indonesian passport because travel to pakistan was banned to US citizens. first up, there has never been a US ban on travel to pakistan. here is a 1981 NYT travel guide to pakistan:

LAHORE, A SURVIVOR WITH A BITTERSWEET HISTORY - NYTimes.com

second obama has yet to be eligible for indonesian citizenship:

Indonesian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and finally this from the state dept on release of passport records (bold mine):

Quote:
Requesting Your Own Record
Passport Services maintains United States passport records for passports issued from 1925 to the present. These records normally consist of applications for United States passports and supporting evidence of United States citizenship, and are protected by the Privacy Act of 1974, (5 USC 552(a)). Passport records do not include evidence of travel such as entrance/exit stamps, visas, residence permits, etc., since this information is entered into the passport book after it is issued.
http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/npic/npic_872.html

so most likely these records would show us the same thing we've already seen on the LFBC which trump already believes to be fake.

so between this and the destruction of college applications it would appear that donald is either oblivious of these facts or he intentionally made an offer that was impossible to satisfy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 11:01 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,467,299 times
and the president is already mocking trump. from tonight's "tonight show":

Quote:
Leno asked the President what’s the deal between him and real estate mogul Donald Trump (who also stars on NBC’s “Celebrity Apprentice”).

“It’s like me and Letterman,” Leno quipped.

Obama told Leno the beef dates back to when he and Trump were growing up in Kenya.

“We had constant run-ins on the soccer field,” Obama joked. “He wasn’t very good and resented it. When we finally moved to America I thought it would be over.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...8962_blog.html

Old 10-25-2012, 05:50 AM

490 posts, read 650,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
5 million dollars. What wrong *******s afraid of a little transparency?

If I was Obumnuts I'd be laughing all the way to my favorite charity.

What a great way for Obumnuts to seal the deal.
Im so sick of all this cute name calling. Obumnuts & *******s. Really? It's so kindergarten. Lets talk issues without the kiddie talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-25-2012, 06:00 AM

490 posts, read 650,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammasCabin View Post
I started paying attention to Presidential elections when "I like Ike" was the chant. I have never seen the man or the office of the President so disrespected = ever.
Amen.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:47 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Im so sick of all this cute name calling. Obumnuts & *******s. Really? It's so kindergarten. Lets talk issues without the kiddie talk.

Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammasCabin View Post
I started paying attention to Presidential elections when "I like Ike" was the chant. I have never seen the man or the office of the President so disrespected = ever.
Ditto on both counts.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:54 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It is beneath the President, any President ~ to entertain the likes of Donald Trump. What next?
It's beneath a president to behave graciously to benefit charity? Is that a Democrat Party platform?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's beneath a president to behave graciously to benefit charity? Is that a Democrat Party platform?
Don't try to be cute, IC! It's beneath the president's dignity to submit to blackmail requests. How's about you offering to contribute $100 to your charity of choice if Romney submits his college apps, passport records, college transcripts, etc.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 AM

89,067 posts, read 44,895,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
President Obama shouldn't have to release anything just like no one else has had to. President Obama can donate money to his favorite charity himself.
Post a link to Obama donating $5 million of his own money to charity.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,029,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
and the president is already mocking trump. from tonight's "tonight show":

President Obama visits Jay Leno on ‘Tonight’ (VIDEO) - The TV Column - The Washington Post
What he had to say to Leno about Romney was hilarious!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,501,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So you would be ok if someone made similar demands on Romney. Good to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections