Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You don't negotiate with terrorists--or a$$hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Obama gives $1 Trillion of US Taxpayer money to his favorite charity, welfare. Does this idiot Trump think $5 mil is going to make him give that up?
LOL

Two good ones in a row on CD - a rarity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 08:42 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
His word.
trump has asked for documents that NOBODY could supply. he is either unaware of this fact ( in which case it would be prudent for him to restate his demands and ask for documentation that can be furnished) or he intentionally set up a scenario that could not be satisfied by anyone.

if the situation is the latter then trump's word means precisely crap.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:42 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
first up, it was mariam goderich (by her own admission) who wrote the "born in kenya" bio blurb, not obama.
Where did she get the info for the bio? Obama was an unknown in 1991. She would have had to get the info directly from him. And why did she pick Kenya as the birthplace? Why not Indonesia or Hawaii where the 1991 bio said he was raised? And what about the legal release Obama would have had to sign permitting the biographical info to be published? Obama signed on to the lie.
Quote:
..."dreams from my father", a book that specifically talks about obama being born in hawaii.
On what page does it say Obama was born in Hawaii?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
. And why did she pick Kenya as the birthplace?
most likely confusion with his father, barack hussein obama. but at this point we are both just speculating. mariam goderich is the one to answer this question.

Quote:
And what about the legal release Obama would have had to sign....
what legal release? a legal release is not required to publish a bio blurb. do you believe releases have been signed for all the bio blurbs on imdb ? or wikipedia?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
On what page does it say Obama was born in Hawaii?
good question. i don't have access to the book ( and will be gone most of the day ) so if anyone else wants to chime in, please do.

if not then i'll look into it later in the week.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:58 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,551,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is what is so stupid about this particular birther argument. They're not talking about the actual printed birth certificate when they claim forgery, they're talking about a digital image--essentially a picture on the Internet-- that for some unfathomable reason understood only by them, has been altered.

I say unfathomable because meanwhile, Hawaiian officials, both Republican and Democratic, have authenticated, on more than one occasion, that the president's birth records in the "vault copy" match the information on the certificate posted online. Meaning that if Obama's birth certificate was printed out again, the information on it would be exactly the same as what is posted. So tell me, what's the point of forging one?

Like Romney's tax plan, it just doesn't add up.

Birthers.
YES YES YES! Thank you!

Birthers — Take a look at pretty much any printed document, on a table, physically in front of you... where are the Adobe layers? answer: nowhere! They do not exist.

The computer layers in the online PDF prove nothing because they don't exist on the actual document because the actual document is a physical item, not electronic.

Do these supposed "graphics" professionals think that when you create a PDF it sniffs out clues and finds faults and separates them all like some kind of magic forgery detective? It's absurd!

If you scan or photograph a physical document, then generate a PDF from that digital copy, the artifacts, layers, and other electronic signatures are MEANINGLESS. They have ZERO relevance to the physical document. They are a byproduct of the process or processes that were used to generate an electronic file from a physical piece of media.

Why this isn't completely clear to anyone claiming to know about graphic design, or electronic digital reproduction, is beyond me.

Like I said, I've been working with computer graphics software since the late 80's. I was lucky enough to choose graphic design as my major at a time when we were just switching from t-squares and spec'ing type with rulers, to Macs and software. I would never claim to know everything about the subject, but with almost 2 decades of advanced education, prepress, and profession design experience I certainly can call BS on this whole "layers" conspiracy.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
most likely confusion with his father, barack hussein obama.
The bio doesn't list his father's place of birth, only his occupation. And Kenya didn't even exist when Obama's father was born.

Quote:
what legal release? a legal release is not required to publish a bio blurb.
Is that a joke? The various versions of Obama's "born in Kenya" bio were distributed in agency promotional materials for 16 years.
Quote:
I've written some law review articles, and in the law journal context, author bios are normally brief. Even so, in every instance, the respective publishers printed only what I approved.

Mr. Obama's Acton & Dystel bio is fairly lengthy and detailed. To believe that Obama had no knowledge of the born-in-Kenya "error" requires more than just believing he didn't sign off on it. We would also have to believe that Obama didn't care to read his bio in the 36-page promotional booklet after publication and distribution. That is also a huge stretch. Did Obama get a copy? Of course he did -- that's another publishing standard.
Articles: Will the 1991 Biography Discovery Force Obama to Open the Hood?

Old 10-25-2012, 09:12 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
As much as I don't care one bit about Obama's records, he might as well just release it. I really don't think he's got anything to hide, and that's coming from a Romney supporter. I wouldn't do it to make Trump happy or anyone else, but $5million to a charity would be beneficial, and it'd show that the President cares more about the needy than he does his own personal records. He's all for the poor and the middle class, so this would play in his favor if he goes along with it.
That's right...being an avowed Communist is nothing to hide or be ashamed of....is it?

Old 10-25-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
As much as I don't care one bit about Obama's records, he might as well just release it. I really don't think he's got anything to hide, and that's coming from a Romney supporter. I wouldn't do it to make Trump happy or anyone else, but $5million to a charity would be beneficial, and it'd show that the President cares more about the needy than he does his own personal records. He's all for the poor and the middle class, so this would play in his favor if he goes along with it.
Exactly.

Here's the chance for Obama to prove that he actually walks the walk, instead of only paying lip service to his so-called "care and concern for the needy and struggling."

Do it, Obama!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:

Is that a joke?
nope. nor did your rebuttal offer any evidence of a legal requirement for a release form for a bio blurb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections