Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 04:13 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,464,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
When it comes to correcting inaccuracies of that magnitude, I certainly can. I've been a Mormon for 63 years and I know a hell of a lot more about what all Mormons teach and believe than you do.
Now, now, calm down... or perhaps you've forgotten about the Mormon injunction against profanity.

And speaking for all of Mormon-kind... gee, that must be a pretty weighty (and grandiose) "burden"!

BTW, which of the at least 5 types of Mormons might those be, that you're such an "authority" on.... for example the Mainline LDS church, or maybe Liberal Mormons, or Neo-Orthodox or even Nazi Mormons? Or perhaps you're just one those wacky Fundamentalist Mormons nobody likes to talk about, who even today still practice polygamy in southern Utah...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 06:20 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5e3deluxe View Post
It's in the Book of Mormon, which I HAVE read. Sorry Willard.
Sorry, but I'm not Willard. I'm not even voting for him. The fact remains that if you read in the Book of Mormon that God is a white man on another planet, you need to show me where. Would you mind quoting chapter and verse? Just to make things a tad easier for you, here's an online version of The Book of Mormon. It has a built-in search engine, so you can do a wide variety of searches. You can be as creative as can be in your search criteria, but you're not going to find anything there about God being a white man on another planet.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-29-2012 at 06:57 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Now, now, calm down... or perhaps you've forgotten about the Mormon injunction against profanity.
Well, I never claimed to be a perfect Mormon. I probably think and talk a little more along the lines of the early 20th century LDS leader, J. Golden Kimball.

Quote:
And speaking for all of Mormon-kind... gee, that must be a pretty weighty (and grandiose) "burden"!
Not at all. I know my church's doctrine pretty well... a whole lot better than you do. After close to 10,000 hours of religious services and instruction over my lifetime, I'm actually very well-qualified to say what is and what isn't LDS doctrine.

Quote:
BTW, which of the at least 5 types of Mormons might those be, that you're such an "authority" on.... for example the Mainline LDS church, or maybe Liberal Mormons, or Neo-Orthodox or even Nazi Mormons? Or perhaps you're just one those wacky Fundamentalist Mormons nobody likes to talk about, who even today still practice polygamy in southern Utah...?
Well, I'm glad to see you like Robert Kirby at least. He is one of the funniest guys around. I don't know how I'd make it through the week without reading his column. Here's another one of his columns you might like.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-29-2012 at 06:52 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 10:19 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,464,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, I never claimed to be a perfect Mormon. I probably think and talk a little more along the lines of the early 20th century LDS leader, J. Golden Kimball.

Not at all. I know my church's doctrine pretty well... a whole lot better than you do. After close to 10,000 hours of religious services and instruction over my lifetime, I'm actually very well-qualified to say what is and what isn't LDS doctrine.

Well, I'm glad to see you like Robert Kirby at least. He is one of the funniest guys around. I don't know how I'd make it through the week without reading his column. Here's another one of his columns you might like.
Geez, now you're sounding like the typical Christian Fundamentalists, who also tend to be kinda narcissistic and full of themselves (among other things), and are likewise all about the "dogma".... while the "Godly" part, not so much.

BTW, are all you guys always so "evasive" (just like Romney...LOL)?!

Old 06-30-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Geez, now you're sounding like the typical Christian Fundamentalists, who also tend to be kinda narcissistic and full of themselves (among other things), and are likewise all about the "dogma".... while the "Godly" part, not so much.
And you're sounding like the typical anti-Mormon. Can't deal with being told you're really not as knowledgable as you'd like to think.

Quote:
BTW, are all you guys always so "evasive" (just like Romney...LOL)?!
I'm sorry, what question did I fail to address? (By the way, I'm not even voting for Romney, so if you're not either, we've probably got something in common after all. )

What did you think of the other Robert Kirby column I posted? I thought it was pretty good.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:40 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,340,832 times
This poll shown 12% undecided. History shown 80% of the undecided go to the challenger in a presidents re-election campaign. That makes PA a toss-up. That's not counting the Bradley effect which makes Romney the winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections