Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 06:41 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times

Advertisements

Pubs like to pray that this is not the case, but it's true. Same goes for MI, WI, and OH. Obama takes the entire Northeast, the entire Midwest, and the Far West (including Nevada, Colorado, and New Mexico). People in the South don't care for Romney, so Romney loses Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia.

Game over! Enjoy President Obama's second term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 06:45 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,480,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I don't get it, how does a 6 point lead in June put Romney out of reach in Pennsylvania? Not saying Romney will surpass that 6 point lead, but only 46% said they will vote Obama and most of the undecideds break for the challenger historically speaking - so that 6 point lead may actually be very very narrow.
That 6 point lead may actually be larger.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Pennsylvania: Romney vs. Obama

Old 06-23-2012, 06:47 AM

26,528 posts, read 15,102,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Pubs like to pray that this is not the case, but it's true. Same goes for MI, WI, and OH. Obama takes the entire Northeast, the entire Midwest, and the Far West (including Nevada, Colorado, and New Mexico). People in the South don't care for Romney, so Romney loses Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia.

So you are betting that Obama wins all of the following?

North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Iowa
Indiana

I can't help but wonder if you are a Republican just trying to make Obama supporters look silly.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:34 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,118 times
People like a_lexus are going to be stunned at how wrong they are.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:

North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Iowa
Indiana't

I can't help but wonder if you are a Republican just trying to make Obama supporters look silly.
can't rep you, I have to spread it around; I don't think many really think Obama will carry the Dakotas, not both of them anyway, or Indiana. I don't think he will carry Iowa or Ne either as a matter of fact. I guess we can just let the other side continue to believe Obama is unbeatable and watch them start wondering what happened when we get closer to Nov? I would be surprised if many really think he will win in a landslide. It should be a very close race and it is looking more and more like Romney is going to pull it off.

Nita

Old 06-23-2012, 09:55 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,012,310 times
Quote:

North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Iowa
Indiana

Don't we refer to those as "the Plains states"? I've never thought of them as "midwest" at all, except Iowa and Indiana of course. But yeah, he was being too optimistic.
This race will be very close, but Obama will eke it out.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:00 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,464,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
People like a_lexus are going to be stunned at how wrong they are.
Then Romney sure has a lot of catching up to do to prove you're right, although I tend to agree with these projections by none other than Karl Rove, which still seems to be holding up pretty well. Speaking of which, though largely Democratic, PA still has a lot of areas of entrenched red state "hillbilly-itis", and it would be unwise for Dems to take it for granted.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:30 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,118 times
Mark my words. Bookmark them if you like. obama will lose bigtime.

Showing a 2 month old chart from before Romney was even the default nominee is a fail regardless of the source. But pin your hopes on it.

Old 06-23-2012, 10:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Don't we refer to those as "the Plains states"? I've never thought of them as "midwest" at all, except Iowa and Indiana of course. But yeah, he was being too optimistic.
This race will be very close, but Obama will eke it out.
actually I think NE is considered midwest as well, but it is obviously how each of us sees these border states. Most people think of AR as south and according to what we learned in school (about 100 years ago) it was and yet, the NW corner is closer to midwest or even maybe plain. Mo, is considered midwest, but many will tell you it is closer to the south in idiology.

Mateo45,

I am guessing all those leaning Republican will go Republican and most of the toss up states as well, like Fl, the Carolinas and probably VA.

Nita

Old 06-23-2012, 10:40 AM

827 posts, read 1,090,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

You're an idiot. But I'm sure you already knew that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections