Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 02:44 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,644,135 times

Advertisements

There is NO place that is solid fro obama. He is sinking like a ship and by election time, even his wife won't vote for him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 02:57 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,986,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I never seen a poll that suggested that.
The WI papers were saying that Walker was behind, based on exit polling. Funny, now they're eating crow.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:59 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,986,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Try to keep up:

CNN called the Walker election "too close to call" yet he won in a landslide.

CNN says Obama is leading.

Fool me once.....

Old 06-06-2012, 03:52 PM

288 posts, read 212,286 times
Obama has solid 239 electoral votes with many likely swinging towards him, I see it very difficult for willard, to make matters worse for the gop, by 2016 Texas population will be > 50% minority, then the gop will never again win in texas, and for that reason it will be really hard that the gop will ever win again...

Old 06-06-2012, 03:59 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,523,118 times
Keep dreaming, newbie.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:04 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,953,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Obama is at 48% in the average of the polls you linked to... that is not good for an incumbent. Furthermore - even worse news for Obama - his approval rating is below 50% in the vast majority of PA polls, if not every PA poll I've seen that asks whether respondents approve or disapprove of how he is handling his job.

That being said - no Republican has won Pennsylvania in a presidential election since 1988. Romney does not need to win PA to win the election. The fact that Obama is at 48% in the poll average and his approval is below 50% in what is a Democratic-leaning state is very bad news for Obama.
Funny thing is, the governorship and the G.A. change hands a lot more often than on the presidential level. Our Dems are quite moderate overall, but our Republicans range from moderate to conservative. We're the opposite of Southern states. They tend to vote reliably Republican in presidential elections, but prefer Democratic governors

Old 06-06-2012, 04:04 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
Obama has solid 239 electoral votes with many likely swinging towards him, I see it very difficult for willard, to make matters worse for the gop, by 2016 Texas population will be > 50% minority, then the gop will never again win in texas, and for that reason it will be really hard that the gop will ever win again...
Thats great news

Old 06-06-2012, 08:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
[MOD CUT]

He didn't. But it's nice that you believe that.

The last six polls had Walker up by an average of 7.5%, which is roughly the actually election result. Exit polls of those same voters showed +9 for Obama v. Romney.
Actually the exit poll had obama by 7 (which the Left is desperately clinging to). The exit poll had the race a "coin flip", some said 50-50% as the last exit poll came out. In actuality, the "coin flip" was 52%-48% Walker, which is NOT a coin flip at all.

So the exit poll is wrong, but the Left grabs the straw that says obama is still leading.

The numbers have been adjusted based on the actual vote...at worse, it's a TIE, at best, Romney has a small lead.

On the latest PA poll;

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/06/0...-48-romney-36/

Quote:
The exit poll from Pennsylvania four years ago showed turnout of 44D/37R/18I. The sample for today’s new poll showing O out to a double-digit lead is … 50D/37R/10I. Anyone think that three years of watching Hopenchange in action is actually going to turn more Democrats out this year than last time?

Old 06-07-2012, 02:06 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I've lost faith in all polls at this point. Will I keep an eye on them for reference? Sure. But I think there's enough objective evidence out there to suggest that polling is an art, not a science. The Walker recall emphasized this point pretty clearly.
The Marquette Law School that did some Wisconsin polling (in late May) was spot on with their polling. The Democrats were mad at them when they published their results.

"May 30: Wisconsin Democrats are firing back at the latest Marquette University Law School poll of the state recall election, which put Republican Gov. Scott Walker ahead of Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett by a 7-point margin — in an effort to tamp down negative public perception as they head into the election’s final week. “Clearly this poll is out of step with everything else that is out there, and clearly with the political reality,” state Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate said Wednesday on a conference call with reporters. “There have been three polls out in the last few days that have shown a dead heat, clearly a competitive race.”

Wisconsin Dems Dispute Marquette Poll | TPM2012

The three pollsters referred to by the Dems are PPP, Democratic Governor's Association and liberal Greater Wisconsin Committee.

I think Marquette deserves some credit. When they poll for the Presidential race, I'll pay attention to them.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:10 AM

30,078 posts, read 18,686,783 times

Right- keep hoping. The Obama electoral count at this time is simply re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Obama has already lost, given the economy and unemployment situation which he was unable to change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections