Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 10:39 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times

Advertisements

And he dismantled Kerry!

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo..._vs_kerry.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 10:42 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,736,249 times
GOOOOOOD NEWS ! Thanks !

Old 08-01-2012, 12:05 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,472,577 times
W's approval was 53% among those who voted according to exit polling. Obama's approval is in the mid 40's.

Not to mention most of these polls are registered voters, not likely voters. There was a shift towards W in 2004 as polls shifted to likely voters.

And 2 points is a "solid lead"?!?!?!?

Old 08-01-2012, 12:16 PM

9,376 posts, read 20,814,513 times
I have a rhetorical question: come November 7th, 2012, will any of your lives improve, based on team 'wins'? If so, will the improvements be immediate? When do your personal lives begin to improve?

Might their be a possibility that "Enemy Country" and others have greater control over their destinies than a person whose job is to command the U.S. Armed Forces, or appointing ambassadors to other nations?

I wonder if Enemy Country and other posters know who their town council members are, their state senators and assembly members... what ballot measures are at stake locally?

The laziest form of politics is presidential. The lowest common denominator of political discourse filters through the discussion of this office, and the discussion, by and large, attracts dullards, non-thinkers.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:28 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I have a rhetorical question: come November 7th, 2012, will any of your lives improve, based on team 'wins'? If so, will the improvements be immediate? When do your personal lives begin to improve?

Might their be a possibility that "Enemy Country" and others have greater control over their destinies than a person whose job is to command the U.S. Armed Forces, or appointing ambassadors to other nations?

I wonder if Enemy Country and other posters know who their town council members are, their state senators and assembly members... what ballot measures are at stake locally?

The laziest form of politics is presidential. The lowest common denominator of political discourse filters through the discussion of this office, and the discussion, by and large, attracts dullards, non-thinkers.
You have very valid points. I vote in local elections but in SC its a matter of which republican will beat which republican. Obama for me is a symbol of something that the right/tea party hates. They never believed it would happen and it did. Now they want to minimize it by him not getting but one term. So for that reason I will be glad on the 7th that racism is not as strong as the right/tea party thinks that it is.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,397,757 times
Default Excellent news

Easy to ignore the misguided narrative from the Right this year, as the President continues to gain momentum.

As the election draws near, this lead is expected to widen, and to no surprise, the President wins his second term.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:21 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,686,783 times

...................... and now the bad news-

1. democratic pollsters tend to oversample democratic voters, which leads to a 4% overestimation of party support.

2. Likely voters are not the same as registered voters

3. Bush was not presiding over 8.2% unemployment and $16 trillion debt

Bo loses big in November. I wonder how many libs on this site, who constantly say Bo will win, will actually admit that their "predictions" were dead wrong? Probably none. We will have to remind them, as libs are great at revisionist history. They will say that they knew Bo was going to lose all along, but just "carried the flag" for the party by being falsely optomistic- they will never admit that they were wrong.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:28 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,718,922 times
Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday
shows Mitt Romney attracting 47% of the vote, while President Obama earns support from 44%. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:36 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,686,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday
shows Mitt Romney attracting 47% of the vote, while President Obama earns support from 44%. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

I am really surprised that the margin is only 4%. Romeny leads Obama over 10% in voter response for ability to manage the economy, which is the most important issue to voters. I would suspect that the election results would reflect his more, and I would anticipate a 6-8% margin of victory for Romney. Bo will get anywhere from 156-232 electoral votes, but far from what is needed to be re-elected. The nation will breathe a deep sigh of relief after November and will never put such an inexperienced, unknown candidate in the office again.

Will Romney be better? Of course. Will he be good enough to pull us out of the "ditch" in which Obama has placed us? I don't know- however if not, we need to get rid of him too in 2016.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:55 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,421,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
And 2 points is a "solid lead"?!?!?!?
His electoral college lead is bigger.

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

Romney basically has to carry every single battleground state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections