Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 04:56 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,486,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Bo loses big in November. I wonder how many libs on this site, who constantly say Bo will win, will actually admit that their "predictions" were dead wrong? Probably none.
I'm going to bump this when Obama wins and see if you are willing to admit you were wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 04:58 PM

12,638 posts, read 9,012,927 times
If people are stupid enough to vote for four more years of what we've had, then they truly do deserve what they get. I'm betting people aren't that stupid.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
If people are stupid enough to vote for four more years of what we've had, then they truly do deserve what they get. I'm betting people aren't that stupid.
The alternative is no better. In fact we don't even know what the alternative will be. It is a man with absolutely no core principles, subject only to political strategy and expediency, flapping in the wind, and overflowing with ridiculously processed statements and professionally massaged platitudes. Quite possible the most fake candidate ever.

People will stick with the devil they know, just as they did with Bush in 04.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,528,792 times
Quote:
That's what i'm talking about, and any one with half a brain. High record numbers of unemployed, highest number of welfare receipients more then ever, worse housing criris imaginable, with no ending in sight, businesses shutting their doors or closing, our elderly cannot save a dime, college grads cannot pay their loans off, because they cannot find a job. More women unemployed then ever before.

And an arrogant President, who should of gone into the acting business!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The alternative is no better. In fact we don't even know what the alternative will be. It is a man with absolutely no core principles, subject only to political strategy and expediency, flapping in the wind, and overflowing with ridiculously processed statements and professionally massaged platitudes. Quite possible the most fake candidate ever.

People will stick with the devil they know, just as they did with Bush in 04.
You obviously are young and incapable of recalling what it was like in 2004. The country was in far better shape than it is now.

And please, spare me the DNC smear points about Mitt. He's nothing like you've described and you are merely trashing him because he doesn't have a (D) after his name.

And if he is what you say he is, Obama is those things and worse. Why wouldn't people with brains try a diffierent person in the hope that the results will be different? We know what Obama can do: nothing good.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
You obviously are young and incapable of recalling what it was like in 2004. The country was in far better shape than it is now.
Of course it was better then. We were in the real estate bubble that collapsed at the end of Bush's second term. It's not Obama's fault that happened.

Quote:
And if he is what you say he is, Obama is those things and worse.
Nope, only blind partisanship could possibly conclude that. Obama has been mostly consistent on his positions. Romney has overtly lied more than any other candidate I can remember, and switched his positions on almost everything depending on the demographic he was pitching to. He simply says whatever his handlers think will advance him for the position he's seeking.

Quote:
you are merely trashing him because he doesn't have a (D) after his name.
Nope, I voted Libertarian in 04. I've voted R in some local elections since then. I don't only vote for the R or D every time.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:17 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,519,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am really surprised that the margin is only 4%. Romeny leads Obama over 10% in voter response for ability to manage the economy, which is the most important issue to voters. I would suspect that the election results would reflect his more, and I would anticipate a 6-8% margin of victory for Romney. Bo will get anywhere from 156-232 electoral votes, but far from what is needed to be re-elected. The nation will breathe a deep sigh of relief after November and will never put such an inexperienced, unknown candidate in the office again.

Will Romney be better? Of course. Will he be good enough to pull us out of the "ditch" in which Obama has placed us? I don't know- however if not, we need to get rid of him too in 2016.
Yes I pointed this out earlier. Something is amiss in some these polls. If you acknowledge the economy is bad, acknowledge it is the most important issue, acknowledge Romney is better on the economy how do you vote for Obama? Yet the latest Quinn poll reflects just that.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yes I pointed this out earlier. Something is amiss in some these polls. If you acknowledge the economy is bad, acknowledge it is the most important issue, acknowledge Romney is better on the economy how do you vote for Obama? Yet the latest Quinn poll reflects just that.
Because Romney is an empty, deceptive, totally fake candidate who has not gained the public's trust.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Of course it was better then. We were in the real estate bubble that collapsed at the end of Bush's second term. It's not Obama's fault that happened.
Obama is certainly responsible for doing nothing to address the collapse. He is responsible for $5T in new debt, 8%+ unemployment, no recovery in housing, and no federal budget for 3 years. The fact that he wasn't responsible for the collapse doesn't mean he shouldn't be judged on what he did do. What he did do has been a total failure by any objective measure. That would exclude your perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude
Nope, only blind partisanship could possibly conclude that. Obama has been mostly consistent on his positions. Romney has overtly lied more than any other candidate I can remember, and switched his positions on almost everything depending on the demographic he was pitching to. He simply says whatever his handlers think will advance him for the position he's seeking.
Pretty funny stuff here. I guess you've forgotten about Guantanamo, transparency, single payor, drone strikes, gay marriage - the list of Oblama's flip-flops is endless. And as far as Romney "overtly lying" more than Obama, only a dyed-in-the-wool DNC hack would say that. And as far as pandering goes, Oblama is the king of that as well....pandering to gays with gay marriage, pandering to hispanics by refusing to enforce immigration laws, pandering to imbeciles by lying and then they believe his rhetoric, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude
Nope, I voted Libertarian in 04. I've voted R in some local elections since then. I don't only vote for the R or D every time.
The fact that you may have voted for a Republican in a local unopposed election at some point in the last 8 years is hardly proof of your objectivity. Objective, intelligent observers can look at Oblama's first year and admit it has been an abject failure. Again, that excludes you.

Old 08-01-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Because Romney is an empty, deceptive, totally fake candidate who has not gained the public's trust.
Yes, the lies and smears of Obama and his lemminglike followers can be potent weapons. Unfortunately for you guys there's plenty of time left before the election.

Your saint isn't going to know what hit him once the fall arrives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections