Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:11 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,958,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Of course I love Obama. I believe he is a good man with a good heart. He has the right vision and the right solutions for America. I believe he is one of the best Presidents we've ever had. If it wasn't for Republican obstructionism, we would not be in the rut we are in today.
So, you like how he's starting new wars, taking our rights away by renewing the Patriot Act, and bailing out Wall St.? The same Wall St. that he is now conveniently against? Obama is the biggest proponent of corporate welfare in the history of the country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

7,788 posts, read 8,037,486 times
at least Obama has a jobs plan. all the unemployed will become teachers, firefighters and cops.Brilliant!

23,838 posts, read 23,146,110 times
Fortunately for America, the views expressed by forum Liberals are in the minority in the general public.

"Barack Obama is one of the best Presidents" is a perfect example of how out of touch forum Libs are with the rest of the nation.

1,604 posts, read 1,567,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall84 View Post
Lets just hope you don't spread your views to children.For the sake of the country get sterilized.
Wow, so like the Nazis, Republicans believe in Eugenics too. You guys are even more evil than I initially thought.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,362,435 times
Default Republican Debate Reminds Me Why I'M RE-ELECTING OBAMA

Baaaahhhhhh sheep following the leader to slaughter.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:14 PM

529 posts, read 364,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Wow, so like the Nazis, Republicans believe in Eugenics too. You guys are even more evil than I initially thought.

Just for the ones who are beyond any reasoning or common sense like yourself. Oh and I am not a Republican I am actually an independent.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:15 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The Republicans keep saying the same stupid things like privatization of Social Security. I don't know what they are thinking. They may as well be saying please don't elect me.
No, they say much more than that, here's an example.

"Obama is destroying the economy"
"Obama is destroying the medical profession"
"Obama is destroying the environement"
"Obama hates Israel"
"Obama is the worst at everything"
"Obama is named Obama, isn't that reason enough to vote for me"???
"Obama is the only issue we have to address, isn't that reason enough to
vote for me"?
"Obama envy and hate is my political platform, what else do I need"???

Old 10-18-2011, 09:15 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,567,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The Republicans keep saying the same stupid things like privatization of Social Security. I don't know what they are thinking. They may as well be saying please don't elect me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Privatizing Medicare and Social Security? I don't even know why the RNC would waste money in Florida.
Republicans always seem to forget that there is something called a general election after their stupid primary. What appeals to the radicals in their party will turn off many in mainstream America.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:17 PM

393 posts, read 652,904 times
What some do not realize is that the INDEPENDENTS bought into the Hope and Change message in 2008. They are much smarter today and it shows in the polls. Obama is TOAST. In the end a trained monkey could take the Presidency from Obama in 2012. Just take one look at the polling of independents. They are polling strongly to the Republican candidate whoever that may be.

We all know the base of the Democrats and the base of the Republicans will vote the party line. However again look at the polling numbers. The hard core Democratic base is disenchanted with Pres. Obama while the Republican base is energized to get Obama out whoever the candidate is. How does that translate into real votes. Its easy. The Republicans who stayed home the last Presidential election will vote in droves while the Democrats who were so enamored with Obama in 2008 are for the most part feeling pretty much let down with no reason to get up and vote in 2012.

No matter how you spin it the question remains the same in 2012 as it did in 1980. Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago? The answer for the most part is a resounding NO! Just check out the OWS crowd, and they eventually will come to the conclusion that the Obama administration has a part in this mess. Throwing in with that crowd doesn't help the President either. Just another reason to not get up and vote for him. There are many reasons for Democrats not to vote for this guy but I cannot type until dawn.

I will leave you with this thought,
Remember the Silent Majority? They have for the most part been quiet since the early 80's. They will be heard from again in 2012 and I am betting the 2012 election will mirror the election of 1980 with a sweep into office of Conservative politicians who will be on a short leash. and a very short leash at that!

Old 10-18-2011, 09:22 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,683,112 times
I am sorry you feel that way.

I REALLY do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections