Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 10:56 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,576,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Kerry was to the Dems like McCain was to the Repubs.....unelectable. Both were horrible canidates.
Actually, Romney is more of a Kerry (both rich Massachusetts French elititsts) and McCain was more of a Dole (both tired old men).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 11:22 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,576,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. Winston Churchill
...especially if that voter happens to lean Republican... more nonesense and factual inaccuracies you will never hear in your life. You'd be better off spending that 5 minute watching the Kardashians on tv.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:35 AM

758 posts, read 595,824 times
This video says it all in plain English, boys and girls.

I Remember, so I'm Not Voting Republican. (Mirror) - YouTube

I remember which party filibustered Barack Obama's stimulus plans to get the economy moving.
I remember which party wanted to end the unemployment benefits for the 99ers.
I remember which party was in power when the most white collar crimes in the entire history of this country unfolded.
I remember which party tried to sue the EPA so large corporations could omit more CFC's into the air.
I remember which party wanted to build the Keystone Pipeline over the Ogallala Aquifer.
I remember reading about which party was responsible for the Great Depression and opposed women voting, gay rights, and desegregation.
I remember the party that tried to impeach Bill Clinton for his alleged affair with Monica Lewinsky while Newt Gingrich was fooling around on his wife.
I remember them throwing stones at John Edwards for his affair, yet John McCain ditched his first wife who had cancer for a woman 18 years younger than he.
I remember which party let Osama bin Laden slip by for 8 years after the terrible 9/11 tragedy then tried taking credit when Obama gave the order to kill him.
I remember which party continued giving tax cuts to the wealthiest one percent, let the debt go out of control, and then tried blaming it on the black guy.
I remember all this which is exactly why I'll never vote Republican as long as a I live.
I've wanted to vote Republican many times, but my conscience kept getting in the way.

Last edited by Mephistopheles; 01-22-2012 at 11:45 AM..

Old 03-31-2012, 04:46 PM

Everybody get ready for another four years of prosperity under Obama and watch him reinvigorate the economy and get things moving again.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:01 PM

22,632 posts, read 15,065,961 times
Six months ago, even four months ago I had serious doubts whether Obama could get re-elected. His approval ratings were not good and the unemployment statistics were still high.

The Republicans had a really good chance to take back the White House.

Now I am fairly certain Obama will be re-elected. His strength as a leader is manifesting itself and he is 'sticking to his guns'. He has become a more savvy politician.

The Republicans are not giving us a candidate who can handily defeat him. Over and over and over again I keep hearing people describing the candidates in the GOP primaries as "a bunch of clowns."

Old 03-31-2012, 06:25 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,240,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
This video says it all in plain English, boys and girls.

I Remember, so I'm Not Voting Republican. (Mirror) - YouTube

I remember which party filibustered Barack Obama's stimulus plans to get the economy moving.
I remember which party wanted to end the unemployment benefits for the 99ers.
I remember which party was in power when the most white collar crimes in the entire history of this country unfolded.
I remember which party tried to sue the EPA so large corporations could omit more CFC's into the air.
I remember which party wanted to build the Keystone Pipeline over the Ogallala Aquifer.
I remember reading about which party was responsible for the Great Depression and opposed women voting, gay rights, and desegregation.
I remember the party that tried to impeach Bill Clinton for his alleged affair with Monica Lewinsky while Newt Gingrich was fooling around on his wife.
I remember them throwing stones at John Edwards for his affair, yet John McCain ditched his first wife who had cancer for a woman 18 years younger than he.
I remember which party let Osama bin Laden slip by for 8 years after the terrible 9/11 tragedy then tried taking credit when Obama gave the order to kill him.
I remember which party continued giving tax cuts to the wealthiest one percent, let the debt go out of control, and then tried blaming it on the black guy.
I remember all this which is exactly why I'll never vote Republican as long as a I live.
I've wanted to vote Republican many times, but my conscience kept getting in the way.
Agreed^^^

The wingnut response will be but, but Obama is a Marxist Muslim Kenyan out to destroy the world.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Six months ago, even four months ago I had serious doubts whether Obama could get re-elected. His approval ratings were not good and the unemployment statistics were still high.

The Republicans had a really good chance to take back the White House.

Now I am fairly certain Obama will be re-elected. His strength as a leader is manifesting itself and he is 'sticking to his guns'. He has become a more savvy politician.

The Republicans are not giving us a candidate who can handily defeat him. Over and over and over again I keep hearing people describing the candidates in the GOP primaries as "a bunch of clowns."
He'll be even harder to defeat this time, and Romney is the only candidate that stands even half a chance. His polls may be low, but they're still higher than those of either Clinton or Reagan around this time in 1984 and 1996. Look what happened in both those elections.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:25 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,858,106 times
Well, if he loses, I blame Obama. This GOP field is a gift from heaven...

Old 04-02-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, if he loses, I blame Obama. This GOP field is a gift from heaven...
Well it's not going to happen. He's the incumbent now, and the economy is coming back. If the GOP loses which is most likely going to happen, what does that make them then? I don't want them meddling into mine or other people's personal lives.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:18 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,223,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
He won off of Hillary's voting block that was handed to him when she bowed out. They were primarily the union block along the Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia line. 7% total margin I believe.

In short, had that block voted along color lines, in their case, predominatly white, like the 95% registered black voters did last time, he would have LOST...do the math...and back then, he didn't have the baggage he has now...
Out of those states you listed he only won Ohio but still lost the white vote overall there by about 6%. He lost all the border counties in each state except for a handful in Ohio, including Athens where Ohio University is located.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections