Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 11:15 AM

18,404 posts, read 19,042,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Newsmax - Donald Trump for President — Would You Vote for Him? (http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/DonaldTrump/Donald-Trump-for-President-/id/11/kw/default?PROMO_CODE=BF2B-1&gclid=CIrOjO6ajagCFeoZQgodw36WCQ - broken link)
not a chance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 11:58 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
all you progressives have got is attack attack attack - we are sick of it. You haven't got anything on Trump, so you go after his hair, his face, and now a dated opinion he stated of Reagan, who by the way was not a God. This Obama election was supposed to be the end of racism, bipartisan bickering, a new way of governing with transparency, bills on the internet for days prior to the vote, the end of war, everybody will like us, and no more lobbyists. All we get or have ever gotten from Obummer is lies. Trump looks like a refreshing change from the norm, someone that is outside the beltway, and more than competent to take on the mess that Obama will leave behind.
Sources tell us who you are.......Soros funded, anti-American
George Soros - SourceWatch
Shame on anyone who listened to the charming well dressed man on the podium who promised the positive change of a brave new world...as claudehopper posted..."the end of racism, bipartisan bickering, a new way of governing with transparency, bills on the internet for days prior to the vote, the end of war, everybody will like us, and no more lobbyists."

No one needs to hear from me that this is not the first time promises were made and not kept. To this day, I am amazed at how many people listen to campaign speeches, hanging on every word as if they were the breath of life itself. Yes we can! Yes we can! Whatever...They are either extremely optimistic or foolhardy or both. As per my usual habit, I listened to none of it as the after election results rarely line up with the pre-election promises. I got most of my opinions on the candidates from international writings in an attempt to avoid mainstream bias. Not sure if that helped.

On many levels, Trump does look unique and I would love to buy into the new "common sense" approach he says he believes in. But I can't get past the chronic cynicism that has come from my perception of recent history's political performances. I am trying to minimize my cynicism but I am not holding my breath. Not for Obama. Not for Trump. Not for Palin. Not for Bachmann...etc...etc...etc.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:55 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,322,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Anyone jumping on this birther crap is completely bats*** nuts, not to mention the whole lets just steal ll their oil regarding his Middle East Policy. Not that I think he is going to run, likely a publicity stunt, but he is insane.
That was okay when Bush II did it.

Remember how the oil was supposed to "pay for" the Iraq War, not the taxpayers of the US?

I am not a "birther" BUT what if they are right? What if he really wasn't born on US soil? Obama and his mother lived in Indonesia when he was a kid. Who knows? Why won't he be transparent about it?

Old 04-22-2011, 01:24 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
That was okay when Bush II did it.

Remember how the oil was supposed to "pay for" the Iraq War, not the taxpayers of the US?

I am not a "birther" BUT what if they are right? What if he really wasn't born on US soil?
PLEASE ANSWER THAT QUESTION!!!! PLEASE! So what if he wasn't born in America? At this point, what difference does it make? Are we going to rewind the last three years and do a do over? You really want McCain and Palin that bad, really? Or is it you want to erase the FACT that America actually elected a black man as president?
Quote:
Obama and his mother lived in Indonesia when he was a kid. Who knows? Why won't he be transparent about it?
why don't you be transparent about the reasons you hate Obama?

Old 04-22-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
PLEASE ANSWER THAT QUESTION!!!! PLEASE! So what if he wasn't born in America? At this point, what difference does it make? Are we going to rewind the last three years and do a do over? You really want McCain and Palin that bad, really? Or is it you want to erase the FACT that America actually elected a black man as president? why don't you be transparent about the reasons you hate Obama?
I know we can't do a replay, but if he wasn't born in the USA and was hiding it, that speaks volumes to his character (negatively).

I voted for Obama.

Ooopsy your race card doesn't work.

I am, however, extremely disappointed in the results we got with him so far. He is nothing but a corporate tool and a watercarrier for the big investment banks. Look at who is on his staff. Goldman Sachs might as well just call itself the POTUS. His warmongering is just what I thought McCain's would be. His "health insurance reform" is a nonsense giveaway to big insurance corporations of guaranteed customers for them to profit off of.

I thought McCain was too nutso to be president and I thought his VP candidate, Palin, was too inexperienced to be president if something happened to him.

Truth be told, I would have rather had Ron Paul as president. Even though I disagree with his stance on abortion. At least he is not an elitist and gives a damn about the middle class.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I know we can't do a replay, but if he wasn't born in the USA and was hiding it, that speaks volumes to his character (negatively).

I voted for Obama.

Ooopsy your race card doesn't work.

I am, however, extremely disappointed in the results we got with him so far. He is nothing but a corporate tool and a watercarrier for the big investment banks. Look at who is on his staff. Goldman Sachs might as well just call itself the POTUS. His warmongering is just what I thought McCain's would be. His "health insurance reform" is a nonsense giveaway to big insurance corporations of guaranteed customers for them to profit off of.

I thought McCain was too nutso to be president and I thought his VP candidate, Palin, was too inexperienced to be president if something happened to him.

Truth be told, I would have rather had Ron Paul as president. Even though I disagree with his stance on abortion. At least he is not an elitist and gives a damn about the middle class.
Goldman Sachs...the scene behind the scene?

Old 04-22-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Goldman Sachs...the scene behind the scene?
Better known as Government Sachs.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:31 PM

119 posts, read 362,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
It would be hard to make that decision right now.

You do not know who else is running.

We need a REAL leader and that is what he is. He takes no crap from anyone and would be a perfect fit to get the economy going, help us track down and deport illegals, close our Mexcian border and force countries who use our military to pay for it.

At this time I would need to know his stance on our military and the defense of our, illegals getting a free pass, taxes etc.

A perfect team would be Newt and Trump, both leaders and both kick butt smart people who would get this country going and defend our nation, its borders, culture and language.

Way to early to commit to anyone but if I had to commit to anyone today it would be Newt because I know where he stands on all the issues.

Liberals are scared of Trump because he surrounds himself with smart successful people and could use that leverage against Obama because we all know Obama surrounds himself with criminal anti America non successful types.

I believe Trump has a lot of things going for him and would eat Obama alive in a debate as well as Newt who would totally destroy Obama in a debate.
Soooooooo true!!! I really hope that he does run. I know some just hear "Donald Trump" and think are just like "oh please" but really he is a smart man who does not take crap! He has my vote, and many of my friends!

I really do not like Obama, and it has nothing to do with his race, it is because he has done very minimal and is way to liberal for this country. Personally I can't stand Michelle Obama any better because of her comments last year about the Tea Party being racist and ignoring the New Black Panthers. Even though I do not like Obama, I think this whole thing about whether or not he was born in America has been beaten to the ground. All he needs to do is show the certificate to stop this.

Last edited by Mississippi Mamma; 04-22-2011 at 04:40 PM..

Old 04-22-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi Mamma View Post
Soooooooo true!!! I really hope that he does run. I know some just hear "Donald Trump" and think are just like "oh please" but really he is a smart man who does not take crap! He has my vote, and many of my friends!

I really do not like Obama, and it has nothing to do with his race, it is because he has done very minimal and is way to liberal for this country. Personally I can't stand Michelle Obama any better because of her comments last year about the Tea Party being racist and ignoring the New Black Panthers. Even though I do not like Obama, I think this whole thing about whether or not he was born in America has been beaten to the ground. All he needs to do is show the certificate to stop this.
That's what I don't understand.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Better known as Government Sachs.
Are we all missing the point? We talk about strong no nonsense leaders. Tough on crime. Solid foreign policy. Solid fiscal policy. Etc. But are any of them capable of managing or even changing the catering to corporate America and special interests in general? IMO, this is where our real challenge lies. This is where sub prime mortgages and housing bubbles send massive ripples therough the market and economy in general. This may be where inflationary effects and bailouts are orchestrated and initiated. If Goldman Sachs truly was the biggest campaign contributor To Dubya and Obama then maybe it really isn't about the GOP or the Democrats. Whose money / interests are really being attended to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections