Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 06:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times

Advertisements

Imagine Trump/Herman Cain, both excel at business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 08:26 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Imagine Trump/Herman Cain, both excel at business
Yes but will that translate to the business of politics?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think so, too, and that's why they're wetting their pants over Trump. The only way they could make it worse for Trump is if he were a woman. I posted in another thread that in hard times people don't want an "I feel your pain" kind of guy, like they do in good times. They want a take charge can-do guy with a proven record. Of course, I'm still waiting for my "boyfriend" Chris Christie to change his mind and run.

Trump would need a foreign policy guy for his running mate mostly to offer advice from a non-business perspective. I would suggest he look to the south for that person, should he get the nomination because the south is going to be the hardest Trump vote.
Trump would need a complete crash course education in politics and would likely become the mouthpiece for whatever cabinet members he surrounded himself with...it sounds a little scary but then again, that's how it is even with career politicians, cabinet-wise anyway. Then there is the issue of the House and the Senate and the level of cooperation he would, or would not, get. Quite frankly, it's no small wonder anything ever gets done in this system.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterofopinion View Post

Oh, a final PS: For those who say "Oh yeah well I listened to Obama spill his promises, blah, blah, blah" First, I never believed Obama's rhetoric from the get-go and thought he was a charlatan, but keep in mind Obama is a career politician as are all the others. They will say whatever they need to to get into office. Trump is not. He basically could not give a flying-fig and as he's stated many times "he wishes he wouldn't have to run and that Obama was effective." Trump is a businessman, not a politician. It's not going to impact his life or his career if he doesn't have a political career. I believe him when he says he is doing it because he is so disguisted by what is happening to this once-great nation (as am I) and would do it for the love of his country and to straighten out the roads here. Therefore, he doesn't have to say anything to please the public, which is evident because this man speaks his mind and has no fear of the liberal media bashing him. It just so happens that what he is speaking his mind about, many of us who were thinking it are saying "Right on". I've said it before, he's formidable. Obama is a laughingstock and a wishy-washy figure in the eyes of the world. So they'll be countless hair jokes, who cares. Trump will still be a strong figure if he gets in.
I love your over all optimism and wish I could borrow some to douse my ever increasing cynicism, politically speaking. I have little confidence that the sentiment of being "disgusted by what is happening to this once-great nation (as am I) and would do it for the love of his country and to straighten out the roads here" is enough to get anything done.

The problems appear to be many and the answers to "what needs to be done" are varied, and likely not universally shared. Now I am not talking about generalized ideas of what needs to be done but specific actions. Then there's the nasty business of dealing with special interests (corporate America etc.) and the "behind the scenes" business of politics.

Well. One can hope for effective change...whatever that really is...That's about as optimistic as I can get right now.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:44 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Trump is a typical grandstander who is playing up to the people. First he doesn't like Reagan then since he thinks he can win the repub nod he likes him.

then

"Reagan is so smooth and so effective a performer he won over the American people. Only now seven years later, are people beginning to question if there as anything under that smile.

now

"Well, I really like and knew a little bit Ronald Reagan, and I really liked him. You know, not only his policies, smart guy and so much smarter, you know, I always sort of have to laugh to myself when people try and criticize that level of intelligence. And I loved his style. I loved what he represented. … I thought he represented something very special for this county."

ThinkProgress » Donald Trump: Reagan Was A Con Man Who Couldn’t ‘Deliver The Goods’

Old 04-21-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Trump is a typical grandstander who is playing up to the people. First he doesn't like Reagan then since he thinks he can win the repub nod he likes him.

then

"Reagan is so smooth and so effective a performer he won over the American people. Only now seven years later, are people beginning to question if there as anything under that smile.

now

"Well, I really like and knew a little bit Ronald Reagan, and I really liked him. You know, not only his policies, smart guy and so much smarter, you know, I always sort of have to laugh to myself when people try and criticize that level of intelligence. And I loved his style. I loved what he represented. … I thought he represented something very special for this county."

ThinkProgress » Donald Trump: Reagan Was A Con Man Who Couldn’t ‘Deliver The Goods’
you might want to reconsider your source
Think Progress Caught Using Liberal-Manufactured Signs From ‘Crash the Tea Party’ as Evidence of Tea Party Racism

Think Progress Caught Using Liberal-Manufactured Signs From

Old 04-21-2011, 02:14 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,792 times
checked your link, they don't have ANYTHING to do with the trump quotes.

You got something PROVING the quotes are fabricated? Otherwise that was an lame off topic attack of the messenger and had no bearing on the validity of the quotes.
Quote:
you might want to reconsider your source
Think Progress Caught Using Liberal-Manufactured Signs From ‘Crash the Tea Party’ as Evidence of Tea Party Racism

Think Progress Caught Using Liberal-Manufactured Signs From

Old 04-21-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
checked your link, they don't have ANYTHING to do with the trump quotes.

You got something PROVING the quotes are fabricated? Otherwise that was an lame off topic attack of the messenger and had no bearing on the validity of the quotes.
all you progressives have got is attack attack attack - we are sick of it. You haven't got anything on Trump, so you go after his hair, his face, and now a dated opinion he stated of Reagan, who by the way was not a God. This Obama election was supposed to be the end of racism, bipartisan bickering, a new way of governing with transparency, bills on the internet for days prior to the vote, the end of war, everybody will like us, and no more lobbyists. All we get or have ever gotten from Obummer is lies. Trump looks like a refreshing change from the norm, someone that is outside the beltway, and more than competent to take on the mess that Obama will leave behind.
Sources tell us who you are.......Soros funded, anti-American
George Soros - SourceWatch

Old 04-21-2011, 08:16 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,792 times
still waiting on your myth busting of the Trump quotes.
Quote:
all you progressives have got is attack attack attack - we are sick of it. You haven't got anything on Trump, so you go after his hair
you mean stuff like this? http://www.dangerousminds.net/site/c...ome_president/
Quote:
, his face, and now a dated opinion he stated of Reagan, who by the way was not a God. This Obama election was supposed to be the end of racism, bipartisan bickering, a new way of governing with transparency, bills on the internet for days prior to the vote, the end of war, everybody will like us, and no more lobbyists. All we get or have ever gotten from Obummer
didn't take you long to mangle the president's name, LOL. you begin your post complaining about dem's attacks and you fall into an attack within seconds??? And I thought you were going to lift up the discussion.
Quote:
is lies. Trump looks like a refreshing change from the norm, someone that is outside the beltway, and more than competent to take on the mess that Obama will leave behind.
you mean the results of Bush's Great Recession?
Quote:
Sources tell us who you are.......Soros funded, anti-American
George Soros - SourceWatch
more off topic nonsense???

Old 04-21-2011, 08:35 PM

898 posts, read 828,348 times
Would I vote for Trump over Jugears? Hell yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections