Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 12:09 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,085,074 times

Advertisements

I wonder if Paris Hilton will be his pick for vice?

Is this even real? Donald Trump for president sounds like some kind of Saturday Night Live joke.

I would never vote for such a joke, he even makes Palin look more legit. ha ha

Are we Americans not sick of being laughed at? Jesus Christ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 12:11 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,538,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanna View Post
newsmax - donald trump for president — would you vote for him? (http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/donaldtrump/donald-trump-for-president-/id/11/kw/default?promo_code=bf2b-1&gclid=cirojo6ajagcfeozqgodw36wcq - broken link)

i would vote for donald trump based on his opinions about illegal immigration alone.
No!!!!!

Old 04-19-2011, 12:13 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times
Yes, I think he'd be great, with Herman Cain or Michelle Backmann.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:07 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,283,949 times
Absolutely not, what exactly is it that people think Trump is going to change?????? He would be president that is it, nothing else and if you think that the present members of Congress would work with him you are freakin delusional.

That he is the best the GOP can come up with speaks volumes, I see a direct parallel between him and Obama, in 2008 eveyone was tired of Bush, so they jumped on the Obama "change" bandwagon, that didn't turn out like the voters wanted, so now they are jumping on the Trump bandwagon. Blows my mind. I sure hope there are some voters out there who think for themselves, otherwise the circus will continue.

Instead of voting out a president why aren't the American voters insisting on term limits for Congress, you want things to change then vote out all the incumbents and start all over again.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:01 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,585,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Absolutely not, what exactly is it that people think Trump is going to change?????? He would be president that is it, nothing else and if you think that the present members of Congress would work with him you are freakin delusional.

That he is the best the GOP can come up with speaks volumes, I see a direct parallel between him and Obama, in 2008 eveyone was tired of Bush, so they jumped on the Obama "change" bandwagon, that didn't turn out like the voters wanted, so now they are jumping on the Trump bandwagon. Blows my mind. I sure hope there are some voters out there who think for themselves, otherwise the circus will continue.

Instead of voting out a president why aren't the American voters insisting on term limits for Congress, you want things to change then vote out all the incumbents and start all over again.
Vast improvement over Barack Obama Dunsel.

Dunsel - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki

Old 04-19-2011, 08:17 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
I would vote bugs bunny before I vote Donald Duck
I hear the Tea Party is lobbying for their favorite straight shootin' varmint Yosemite Sam. Maybe to bring back some "Judge Roy Bean sentiment" to make this "once great nation strong again."

Old 04-19-2011, 08:20 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk101 View Post
Pretty much. I would just hope this time around, people wouldn't fall for it again..
If you believe the commonly held premise that most, or all, politicians are corrupt and self serving, "falling for it" is what we tend to do.

Now I can hear many Trump supporters now saying, "That's our point. He's not a politician so he won't be that way." Maybe. But I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:53 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,181,346 times
Sure, I'd vote for Trump. Nice to get someone outside the system in. He might do what Perot was going to do but didnt, run a solid alternative campaign (Perot sort of lost it when he ran).

Old 04-19-2011, 10:13 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,835,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you might very well be an independent, but it sounds like you lean very much to the left or certainly are more a Democrat than a Republican. At least some independants on here are fair and balanced.

Nita
I do consider myself very fair and balanced. Just because I don't like Donald Trump doesn't mean that I favor Democrats. I actually equally dislike both parties and the majority of my political views do align with the actual tenents of the Republican party. It would be great if they actually focused on those tenets instead of trying to push social "values" and religion so much.

I remember you posting in an Independent thread, you are much more conservative so you must be more Republican, leaning toward a certain political spectrum doesn't make one a member or in agreement with any political party. Even you, whom I have seen comment more than once on the birther movement having some validity when it comes to the president's birth, which is eyeroll material IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
OMG, how does one measure a quality women, what a sexist statement plus of course they didn't air their womanizing, we didn't have 24/7 media coverage and those you mentioned set out to achieve great political advances, Trump did not.

Nita

If it is sexists, so be it (but I am a woman so don't know how I can be sexist). I don't see any of Trump's wives as being worthy of being in the same category as the plenty of first ladies who were cheated upon by their presidential husbands. Even Hillary Clinton, who I am not a huge fan of. To me, intellect trumps (no pun intended) youth, (so-called) physical beauty, and one's connection to Eastern Europe when it comes to quality women.

Last edited by residinghere2007; 04-19-2011 at 10:22 AM..

Old 04-19-2011, 10:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,123,782 times
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Oh, wait, you're serious?

Then hell no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections