Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,950,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i don't like this one bit. I do know he isn't all that conservative, but I am shocked to read the articles. Thanks for posting..

Nita
I'm with you!! I was actually, thinking maybe, I like his stand on China and Illegal Immigration.........but what this shows as some of his supporting, is a little confusing!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 08:52 AM

44,642 posts, read 61,669,787 times
The real truth about Donald Trump...watch the video.

“NBC Nightly News” hit piece on Donald Trump – 4/19/11 | Mofo Politics

Old 04-20-2011, 09:16 AM

102 posts, read 170,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
this is what's wrong with politics to a huge degree - bush helped set the table for an opposing party to win - the nomination of mccain from a pool of weak candidates sealed it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post

just like in 2000 and 2004 - it wasn't that bush was loved as a candidate or that people were generally that unhappy .... but gore and especially kerry were horrible choices

i think the republicans will run out some schlock to get absolutely killed and then set the table for a guy like rubio or christie in 2016
I agree with you Finger Laker, for many it boils down to the lesser of the two evils. I know many people who were and are firmly against voting for Obama, but the thought of Sarah Palin being one-heartbeat away from the presidency is/was too frightening. I've always considered myself an independent who leans center-right, I'm more conservative than liberal. When McCain announced he chose Palin as his running mate, my heart sank. She was such a disappointment, I just knew millions of people felt the same way as me.

Same with Bush, you're right. Gore and Kerry were just horrible choices. I think it's imperative that Obama is a one-term president, personally I think he's been an unmitigated disaster and is a shady, untrustworthy character. The republicans need to pull through on this to push him right out, and they easily can as long as they don't have a Palin running.

I stand firm in my opinion that Trump is a very strong candidate, and as we get closer to June, I'd put my money on him officially throwing his hat in the ring. I work in NYC, a blue-state if there ever was one, and I hear more and more people, disguisted with Obama and intrigued by Trump saying "I'm gonna keep listening to what Trump has to say..." People are watching and listening and he is gaining. The liberal media is starting to get very concerned and it's funny, you can tell by the sophomoric ways they keep trying to bash him. When I hear the constant jokes about his pomposity or his hair - which are tired and old - I laugh for it's a sign they are getting nervous. They know many people are liking what this man is saying so they try to pick at his physical features. Imagine? Obama can fly across the Atlantic on those ears alone, and no one mentions how unattractive he is.

One TV pundit is saying that the democrats should hope that Trump gets picked by the GOP, it would be a dream because Obama can easily beat him. I beg to differ. I think Trump will slam Obama out of the ballpark.

Oh, a final PS: For those who say "Oh yeah well I listened to Obama spill his promises, blah, blah, blah" First, I never believed Obama's rhetoric from the get-go and thought he was a charlatan, but keep in mind Obama is a career politician as are all the others. They will say whatever they need to to get into office. Trump is not. He basically could not give a flying-fig and as he's stated many times "he wishes he wouldn't have to run and that Obama was effective." Trump is a businessman, not a politician. It's not going to impact his life or his career if he doesn't have a political career. I believe him when he says he is doing it because he is so disguisted by what is happening to this once-great nation (as am I) and would do it for the love of his country and to straighten out the roads here. Therefore, he doesn't have to say anything to please the public, which is evident because this man speaks his mind and has no fear of the liberal media bashing him. It just so happens that what he is speaking his mind about, many of us who were thinking it are saying "Right on". I've said it before, he's formidable. Obama is a laughingstock and a wishy-washy figure in the eyes of the world. So they'll be countless hair jokes, who cares. Trump will still be a strong figure if he gets in.

Last edited by Matterofopinion; 04-20-2011 at 09:41 AM..

Old 04-20-2011, 10:08 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterofopinion View Post

I stand firm in my opinion that Trump is a very strong candidate, and as we get closer to June, I'd put my money on him officially throwing his hat in the ring. I work in NYC, a blue-state if there ever was one, and I hear more and more people, disguisted with Obama and intrigued by Trump saying "I'm gonna keep listening to what Trump has to say..." People are watching and listening and he is gaining. The liberal media is starting to get very concerned and it's funny, you can tell by the sophomoric ways they keep trying to bash him. When I hear the constant jokes about his pomposity or his hair - which are tired and old - I laugh for it's a sign they are getting nervous. They know many people are liking what this man is saying so they try to pick at his physical features. Imagine? Obama can fly across the Atlantic on those ears alone, and no one mentions how unattractive he is.

One TV pundit is saying that the democrats should hope that Trump gets picked by the GOP, it would be a dream because Obama can easily beat him. I beg to differ. I think Trump will slam Obama out of the ballpark.

I think so, too, and that's why they're wetting their pants over Trump. The only way they could make it worse for Trump is if he were a woman. I posted in another thread that in hard times people don't want an "I feel your pain" kind of guy, like they do in good times. They want a take charge can-do guy with a proven record. Of course, I'm still waiting for my "boyfriend" Chris Christie to change his mind and run.

Trump would need a foreign policy guy for his running mate mostly to offer advice from a non-business perspective. I would suggest he look to the south for that person, should he get the nomination because the south is going to be the hardest Trump vote.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
This is a great interview. How refreshing to hear someone discuss policies as opposed to bashing, blaming, and making excuses. This man is the epitome of patriotism. I have never actively supported a candidate, but I look forward to signing on to help this man save our country. This is what leadership looks like.

YouTube - Donald Trump is mad as hell

Old 04-20-2011, 03:52 PM

Claudhopper, that was an excellent interview, thanks for posting. Not only is he very smart and on-target when it comes to the issues they discussed, but I liked when he said "it's common sense." It should be common sense, but as the old adage goes ... "common sense, it ain't so common."

Old 04-20-2011, 04:12 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterofopinion View Post
Claudhopper, that was an excellent interview, thanks for posting. Not only is he very smart and on-target when it comes to the issues they discussed, but I liked when he said "it's common sense." It should be common sense, but as the old adage goes ... "common sense, it ain't so common."
I agree it was a good interview. But talk is cheap and we've all heard plenty of that before...and now. But to say common sense is to assume that we know what is going on and how to fix it, if need be. I am more than cynical here as I think the behind the scenes action is nothing like what we are taught in Civics class or Poly Sci. By that logic, the solutions to change things aren't what we think they are either.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:05 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times
heck yea, in the GOP primary I'll cross over and check the Trump box off, for sure. Of course, I will vote for Obama in November, I encourage others to do the same, it should be fun to watch.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 PM

852 posts, read 1,358,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Newsmax - Donald Trump for President — Would You Vote for Him? (http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/DonaldTrump/Donald-Trump-for-President-/id/11/kw/default?PROMO_CODE=BF2B-1&gclid=CIrOjO6ajagCFeoZQgodw36WCQ - broken link)

I would vote for Donald Trump based on his opinions about illegal immigration alone.
I would vote for Trump before I would vote for Palin. That isn't saying much since I would vote for any other GOP candidate ahead of those two. It won't matter though because Trump won't run. He's just using this as leverage to get a new deal for his tv show. The guy is a joke and completely contradicts himself on a daily basis.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:36 PM

By 2012, the mounting Obama-ennui will have even the most stalwart liberals crying uncle. Obama was elected primarily because of the ill-will that Bush spread around the globe with the war, and Obama became the shiny-new ferrari to spin out of the garage and in part to show the world "See how progressive we are, we just elected our first African-American president..." I don't believe race should ever be an issue in elections, but in this case I believe it played a part and it was towards his favor. He came off as charismatic to many, and his rhetoric was gulped down with the kool-aid. I know many young first-time voters who voted for Obama, not because they even knew where this man stood on important issues, but because voting for him was de rigeur.

Last edited by Matterofopinion; 04-20-2011 at 06:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections