Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 04:26 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Obama is the one telling lies to cover up another and another.........ad infinitiem, and you are foolish enough to provide cover for him. What's that term - oh yeah, "USEFUL IDIOTS. Global warmer too I betcha.
Yeah and elitist **** and America Hater and Joe or Jane Six Pack / Joe or Jane Plumber. Whatever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 04:41 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,882,789 times
No.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:32 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,185,349 times
I'm voting Democrat.

The US is on autopilot now, so who ever is at the helm in 2012 is going to fly the US into a depression, and the Democrats deserve the blame, so they shall have it.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:48 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,645,101 times
I don't know. I want to know where he stands on issues that are important to me and policies I want to see brought forward.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:31 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,284,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
But why the hell hang your hopes on Donald Trump, or Sarah Palin, or Michelle Bachmann? Seriously. I know the GOP has better, more qualified people to consider.

Trump? The guy is running on the birfer platform. He's successfully making the GOP look like a bunch of idjits.
Oh don't get me wrong I totally agree with you, I cannot believe some of the names I see being associated with the GOP party as potential nominees.

I sure hope they are just jerking our chains with these names on the lists. that they are just keeping someone great underwraps until later on in the year. The sad thing is that there are people who would vote for these idiots.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:39 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,284,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I just read that Trump is against raising the debt ceiling. That makes me like him more. I have mixed feelings. I wouldn't vote for him in the GOP primary. But if it's Trump vs Obama in the general there is a 100% chance I would vote for Trump.

I read that Karl Rove said that the birther issue hurts Trump. I could not disagree more. If Trump didn't bring it up we wouldn't even be talking about him right now..

I wonder if people really realize the full implication of the debt ceiling not being raised, I am guessing from some of the replies seen on here, probably not. What does Trump have to do with raising the debt ceiling? He could oppose it all he wanted but if Congress wanted it raised they would simply pass the bill without him, people give Presidents much more power than they really have.

As to the second highlighted area, so Trump had to bring up a non-issue in order for people to listen to him, yeah that's who I want as President, someone who insists that a president isn't an American citizen despite the obvious proof that he is, the mere fact that Trump keeps riding this dead horse is a pretty good indicator as to how he would run the country.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:47 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
To mnita, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Why the hell would you ask why haven't we seen his birth certificate when it was released almost three years ago?? You are staying out of the birther threads for the most part, but are repeating some of the very same lies Trump and the other birthers have said.

Also, I admit I am very judgemental in a lot of areas. Most people are judgemental but are too afraid to admit it.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:20 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
The more I hear the beltway bunch, including the media, come out against him, the better he looks to me.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
To mnita, this:

Also, I admit I am very judgemental in a lot of areas. Most people are judgemental but are too afraid to admit it.
Reminds me of a movie some time ago where one character is labelled with a big ego. That character replied, "Me? A big ego? Just because I'm better than you?"

Yes RH. We are all judgmental as I am "judging" you to be open minded by saying what you said. Kudos to you.

And if we are to be open minded in general, I believe we need to try to get to the core of a candidate, or in Trump's case, a potential candidate. We need to not focus on their party leaning and have that be the deciding factor.

So many people seem to support them based on party rather than where they really stand on issues. Yes. I realize there is some correlation between party and stance but it is not an absolute correlation. The partisan stance is close minded, IMO.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Oh don't get me wrong I totally agree with you, I cannot believe some of the names I see being associated with the GOP party as potential nominees.

I sure hope they are just jerking our chains with these names on the lists. that they are just keeping someone great underwraps until later on in the year. The sad thing is that there are people who would vote for these idiots.
I agree. But it focuses me in on a real challenge. Do we common folk really know what makes a good president? Firstly, I'm sure the responses to what does make a good one would be quite varied. Then it seems to me that it is too easy to be charmed by candidates who are well spoken, promise us the world and have no apparent discretions to speak of (yet ). For you conservatives, think Bill Clinton and the current chief of staff. Then think of how many promises are made (lip service?) that are largely unfullfilled (think pretty much every candidate in recent history).

It seems to me that our perception of what should be all too often is not in line with what is.

Lastly, I imagine that if Ross Perot was smoother, like Slick Willie, he might have gotten elected. He had good ideas (albeit progressive ones), a seemingly no nonsense attitude and appeared to be of good character. Unfortunately for him, he was not a charming looker but a little man with big ears and a funny voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections