Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 02:43 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,322,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Well. I sure hope that your district finds a solution as the current scenario sounds utterly bleak and totally out of control. Is Hoffa still at the helm or what?

But here, with pension reform a hot button, you'd think we were dealing with that Long Island scenario based on the sentiment of the general populace. Judging by your posts, it isn't anywhere near as out of hand. Of course my wife is part of a much smaller district than LA Unified and perhaps yours so that probably keeps costs down. Five figure property tax is ridiculous!
Put it this way: we WISH we had teachers' union "problems" and costs like they do in Wisconsin! And look what happened there. I really don't think, even with the costs we have here, most LI'ers would go for what happened in Wisconsin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 03:00 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,487,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
No! The man can't even figure out his mutiple marriages so how can he figure out our nation?
So what you are saying is that all past Presidents have been loving and faithful to their wives? Not one of them have ever divorced? Check your history.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,456,740 times
I'll say it like this, and don't really give a darn what any of ya all think. Anyone is worth a shot at it, other the Obamadunce. Do not want another 4 years of his crap, and his attitude, and his bullying, and his blaming others for everything that does not go right. At some point in your life, you do have to take responsibility for your own stupid mistakes and actions. And i do not think he has the welfare of the American People in his heart. No one person could be as worse as what we already have, the sucky economy, housing, unemployment, health, bad policies, all Obama'd doing and no one else, blame it on whoever, at somepoint even you who are blaming others, will see the light.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:37 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,724,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Put it this way: we WISH we had teachers' union "problems" and costs like they do in Wisconsin! And look what happened there. I really don't think, even with the costs we have here, most LI'ers would go for what happened in Wisconsin.
It really does sound like a deep seated mafia type union. All jokes aside, I have always heard that NY unions were some of the strongest and my brother-in-law dealt with some first hand in outdoor advertising in Manhattan. It's amazing how so many things become corrupt despite the best of intentions.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I'll say it like this, and don't really give a darn what any of ya all think. Anyone is worth a shot at it, other the Obamadunce. Do not want another 4 years of his crap, and his attitude, and his bullying, and his blaming others for everything that does not go right. At some point in your life, you do have to take responsibility for your own stupid mistakes and actions. And i do not think he has the welfare of the American People in his heart. No one person could be as worse as what we already have, the sucky economy, housing, unemployment, health, bad policies, all Obama'd doing and no one else, blame it on whoever, at somepoint even you who are blaming others, will see the light.
The $1,000,000 question...does the goverment have the "welfare of the American People" in its heart? As positive as I'd like to be, my gut tells me no.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:59 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,792 times
what do you think with them giving one tax cut after another to the corporations and the uber wealthy since the early days of Reagun. We were sold a bill of goods on that trickle down thing and we have been paying for it ever since.
Quote:
The $1,000,000 question...does the goverment have the "welfare of the American People" in its heart? As positive as I'd like to be, my gut tells me no.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
what do you think with them giving one tax cut after another to the corporations and the uber wealthy since the early days of Reagun. We were sold a bill of goods on that trickle down thing and we have been paying for it ever since.
B...Uh yeah...my posts are relatively polite and less assuming than my opinions in order to stay within Forum protocol. Theoretically, a better deal for the corporation should translate into a better one for the consumer and that, my fellow poster, is highly debatable.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
I guess I want so much to believe in the system and my country I would disagree with you. I think every one of them think what they are trying to accomplish is for the betterment of the country, some, like Obama just ar not listening. Obama has an ego that will outdo any others I can think of and he is sure he is right. Add to it, his lack of experience and look what we are getting. The rest really think they know what is best, but again, they are not listening.

Nita

Old 04-26-2011, 05:01 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,322,666 times
Quote:
It really does sound like a deep seated mafia type union. All jokes aside, I have always heard that NY unions were some of the strongest and my brother-in-law dealt with some first hand in outdoor advertising in Manhattan. It's amazing how so many things become corrupt despite the best of intentions.
Reminds me of communism. If you have actually read The Communist Manifesto, you will know that Marx and Engels had very GOOD intentions for this model of government. However, in practice it ended up a disaster ... they were a bit too idealistic.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:13 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
NO WAY. He's a stupe. He doesn't know the issues at all. He'd be terrible at foreign relations. If foreign countries don't like us now, they'd hate us even MORE under Trump. Trump somehow blames China for our failed economy if you can believe that. He's utterly CLUELESS on both foreign relations and the economy. Let him stick to real estate and reality TV shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections