Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 01:52 PM

18,018 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Do you watch a lot of Michael Moore flicks, Funk? In other words, I wonder what some of my black and hispanic and Asian friends from there would think of that statement. Oh... you meant us white people! I get it.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:55 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Thank you. My neighborhood to the NW of I-225/Mississippi fits the same profile (described above) as well, and we are perfectly happy (and normal) here too.
Plus you get twice the sq. feet for your dollar on houses!

I met a nice Hispanic gay couple w/adopted kids living in that neighborhood and they were happy there, so I'm guessing people must be fairly tolerant in Aurora. Just enjoy your neighborhood before someday when '60s tri-levels because the new "must have" home, and all the latte-drinkers move in and price the average Joe's out of their homes Mid Century Modern homes are going through that phase now.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Do you watch a lot of Michael Moore flicks, Funk? In other words, I wonder what some of my black and hispanic and Asian friends from there would think of that statement. Oh... you meant us white people! I get it.
Hey it's just the truth. I met a lot of White people in Denver who seemed naive and afraid of Black and Mexican people. They talked about how they would never go to places like 5 points and Federal and Aurora, and I could tell there was an ignorance behind their fear. I think the media has caused a lot of people to be afraid of imaginary crime and caused paranoia.

On the the side though. A lot of the Black people in Denver have the same kind of attitude. Lots of them have anger and are very afro-centric. The city just isn't very integrated and there's a lot of tension left over from decades past when the city was segregated.

What does Michael Moore have to do with this? I'm not a fan of him.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
This guy just has a knack for finding the worst places!

It must suck being so unhappy. Everyone is sooooo rude to this guy! Poor guy!!!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/san-b...prings-ca.html

Old 02-23-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
This guy just has a knack for finding the worst places!

It must suck being so unhappy. Everyone is sooooo rude to this guy! Poor guy!!!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/san-b...prings-ca.html
My knack is for telling the truth and not wearing rose-colored glasses.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:56 PM

18,018 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
Hey it's just the truth. What does Michael Moore have to do with this? I'm not a fan of him.
IDK. I lived in Arizona/SoCal until I was 10, so maybe I'm not like your typical Denverite.

Quote:
Hey it's just the truth. What does Michael Moore have to do with this? I'm not a fan of him.
Oh, here's the Michael Moore scene that comes to mind, which depicts white people being afraid.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:10 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Well, I suppose if you chant it to yourself enough times it becomes your reality ....

Old 02-23-2009, 03:11 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Your truth not necessarily everyone else's.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Your truth not necessarily everyone else's.
You're right. We each create our own reality. I do think that lots of people really overlook social problems around them though. They walk around with a "See no evil" mindset. It amazes me how some things can be in a persons face and they just don't see them.

It is good to be in a happy and positive mindset. But you gotta balance it with realism.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:33 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
You're right. We each create our own reality. I do think that lots of people really overlook social problems around them though. They walk around with a "See no evil" mindset. It amazes me how some things can be in a persons face and they just don't see them.

It is good to be in a happy and positive mindset. But you gotta balance it with realism.

Who says they don't see things? Maybe they just choose not to dwell on the negative. And maybe your realism is not what others see. I have met many wonderful friendly people of all cultures here. I am never bored and I enjoy the many shops and activities here. Does it have issues? Yes. Just like EVERY city both big and small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver