Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 12:38 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,719,487 times

Advertisements

No way! You are never too old! And Jack's love Jacks. Also let me try to remember the name, a fish place with paper plates and cheap! The Lobster Crock? No. The Crab Cookery? Yeah, I think that's it.

So I just discovered not everyone's definition of funky is the same, go figure? But what you described Scott, is exactly what I meant by funky. So by that definition, no no wayyy would Cherry Creek fit in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 12:54 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times
those were the good ole days, right! , well I wasn't too crazy about the times I spent in CA, I preferred LA to SD or even SF. I just liked the feel of LA, not the fake, plastic part, but the shopping and cultural offerrings were neat.
did you spend much time downtown SD? or PB? I had a gf that always hung out in PB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Ya, Balboa is laid back--used to hit the Kine Burger,Charlie's Chili,Muttsy off the 15th street Pier..Bought my first surboard at Jack's...I lived on 45 Sea shore for about a year....Seemed like half the neighborhood had an old couch on the front porch, and
an old topless jeep...More skate boards and bikes than cars down there.....Very Boulder like...That part of Balboa seemed like one big HILL in Boulder...Waves,girls,and
beer in those days....It's still the same, I just got too old to be hip..

Old 11-26-2008, 12:58 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
There is a huge distinction between the party zone relaxed peninsula and the Corona
Del Mar south side of Newport Beach...I moved to South Newport, South of PCH and Jamboree in 2000 briefly...It's like a Cherry Creek on steroids..every other car is a ROLLS,or Ferrari, the restaraunts and housing triple in price on average...I think it's
gorgeous, but the self entitlement croud, and arrogance rivals Bev. Hills easily....
I wouldn't be suprised to hear that people water their lawns with Evian on the south
side Newport Beach, Newport Coast ...I think Cherry Creek is totally chilled compared..

Old 11-26-2008, 01:08 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
Denver by the way is very boring...We all ride horses everywhere,it snows almost everyday...I just got the internet a month ago..................

Old 11-26-2008, 01:43 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,255 times
I hope you're joking??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Denver by the way is very boring...We all ride horses everywhere,it snows almost everyday...I just got the internet a month ago..................

Old 11-26-2008, 01:44 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,760 times
I live in the Cherry Creek area and I do NOT like it.

The shopping out here is mostly targetted towards the rich, pretentious, socialite scene. The people have a rude, elitist, self-important attitude. The vibe on the streets is sterile and dull. Most of the people here are putting a lot of energy into trying to look rich and important.

But the funny thing is that compared to Beverly Hills, La Jolla, Parts of San Francisco, and some other yuppy neighborhoods i've been to, Cherry Creek is not really that nice. So I got the yuppy attitude here, in a medicocre, suburban setting. It is very strange to me.

But I am stuck here for now so I gotta make the best of it. I have never liked yuppie neighborhoods, even though I have lived in them on and off since I was a kid, I just can't get into them.

Cherry Creek, like other yuppy areas, has got no soul, or maybe I should say it's got very little soul. Unless your idea of soul is masquerading around in your luxery car and expensive clothes, competing with everyone around you, and looking down at the "commoners".

Old 11-26-2008, 02:19 PM

456 posts, read 1,576,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
I live in the Cherry Creek area and I do NOT like it.

The shopping out here is mostly targetted towards the rich, pretentious, socialite scene. The people have a rude, elitist, self-important attitude. The vibe on the streets is sterile and dull. Most of the people here are putting a lot of energy into trying to look rich and important.

But the funny thing is that compared to Beverly Hills, La Jolla, Parts of San Francisco, and some other yuppy neighborhoods i've been to, Cherry Creek is not really that nice. So I got the yuppy attitude here, in a medicocre, suburban setting. It is very strange to me.

But I am stuck here for now so I gotta make the best of it. I have never liked yuppie neighborhoods, even though I have lived in them on and off since I was a kid, I just can't get into them.

Cherry Creek, like other yuppy areas, has got no soul, or maybe I should say it's got very little soul. Unless your idea of soul is masquerading around in your luxery car and expensive clothes, competing with everyone around you, and looking down at the "commoners".
Well thats your problem..you live in Cherry Creek! I bet your perception of Denver would change drastically if you lived in a better hood..

CC is nice, but too uppity for me. I'm in City Park and absolutely LOVE it. I lived in LoDo then Wash Park before moving to City park and do not regret it at all.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:22 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,719,487 times
What FunkyMonk is saying is exactly what I was trying to get across.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:29 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,760 times
I would love to move out of this area but that's not an option for me right now. Maybe in a few months.

Every day I go out to other parts of Denver and I love it, it would be nice to live in those parts. But I shouldn't complain anyway, it could definantly be a lot worse. I've lived in much worse situations than this for sure.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:32 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,306,923 times
IMO, the whole Parker Rd/ Leetsdale Dr corridor of east Denver, Glendale, and the western boundary of Aurora has more "soul" and "funk" (for lack of a better term) than any trendy [insert name here]_____Park. This IMO is the "real Denver":
Parker Rd/ Leetsdale Dr photo tour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver