Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2020, 02:38 PM

9 posts, read 6,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
See that is what makes me smile when the "best" of people come out in a crisis. Please convey my sincere thanks to her for this kindness. I saw this first hand during 9/11 although I had already left working in NYC at that point, Thanks be to God, I would have been 3 blocks away from there. I was on the periphery of that effort, staying on LI and just arranging for supplies, food etc. but in the thick of Sandy. It is amazing that so many things that are "important" before such events are of no import once you live through one of these things. On LI, as in many places, we all helped one another and were unified.

I personally find it so disconcerting that this mess has become so political. I really have no tolerance for that crap at all. I truly think that when you have a crisis, politics should be aside because after the fact there will be plenty of time for blame.
I'm not seeing the politics more than I am just seeing people frustrated with all the misinformation from leadership. You cant put things aside till later when they have been costing lives now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2020, 05:18 PM

829 posts, read 628,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
Anybody can sew a mask, even by hand. It is really not hard.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...te/5108079002/

pdf mask pattern, on 1:1 scale (print, cut, sew) and instructions:
For the pattern, just print 1st page please. The rest 16? are instructions.

https://www.beebehealthcare.org/site...Mask_FINAL.pdf

Thanks for sharing more patterns. My husband found another and we're considering making a project out of making a few. We have a sewing machine that's never yet been used (bought it to replace a VERY old one and just never needed it - yet).

Anyone else on this thread that has made their own?

Old 04-05-2020, 05:17 AM

403 posts, read 221,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndyb View Post
Thanks for sharing more patterns. My husband found another and we're considering making a project out of making a few. We have a sewing machine that's never yet been used (bought it to replace a VERY old one and just never needed it - yet).

Anyone else on this thread that has made their own?
You welcome!

And, here you can sew a cover for N95 masks (helpful as we know scarce N95 masks can become fomites themselves after repeat wear):

https://makermask.org/wp-content/upl...de-rev0-10.pdf

And, a simple mask:

https://operationwecansewit.com/wp-c...2.20.20-v4.pdf

I wash our masks (after each trip outside the house, i.e. after 1-2 hours as they can become wet and collect bacteria, viruses, what-not) in hot water, in addition sun dry (remember sun light/UV light is germicidal) if possible and iron them and inserts ...

Stay safe!

Old 04-05-2020, 07:02 AM

403 posts, read 221,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Arrow View Post
You welcome!

And, here you can sew a cover for N95 masks (helpful as we know scarce N95 masks can become fomites themselves after repeat wear):

https://makermask.org/wp-content/upl...de-rev0-10.pdf

And, a simple mask:

https://operationwecansewit.com/wp-c...2.20.20-v4.pdf

I wash our masks (after each trip outside the house, i.e. after 1-2 hours as they can become wet and collect bacteria, viruses, what-not) in hot water, in addition sun dry (remember sun light/UV light is germicidal) if possible and iron them and inserts ...

Stay safe!
Let's cover DE hospitals with masks!

https://www.capegazette.com/article/...als-ems/200384

Old 04-07-2020, 12:26 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,105,705 times
This came out yesterday and I am delighted beyond belief. Although most hotels here ae vacant.

https://news.delaware.gov/2020/04/06...-term-rentals/

Old 04-12-2020, 04:49 PM

9,721 posts, read 14,259,318 times
Anybody going bonkers yet, staying inside? Our house has been cleaned top to bottom, Easter Dinner is history and cleaned up, for the two of us. And I've had 3 ...... 1-hour naps today. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight. Food is still plentiful here, and the wind has started howling. Tomorrow (Monday) the winds are predicted to be much worse. There's no place to go, and no place I want to go at this point. Corona graph for Kent County/Dover area does not look good. Looks like our area borders on the deep red. The good news, is that the police have road blocks up to question out-of-state people coming through, or coming to their second homes. Stay safe, everyone!

Last edited by rdlr; 04-12-2020 at 05:22 PM..

Old 04-13-2020, 07:20 AM

829 posts, read 628,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Anybody going bonkers yet, staying inside? Our house has been cleaned top to bottom, Easter Dinner is history and cleaned up, for the two of us. And I've had 3 ...... 1-hour naps today. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight. Food is still plentiful here, and the wind has started howling. Tomorrow (Monday) the winds are predicted to be much worse. There's no place to go, and no place I want to go at this point. Corona graph for Kent County/Dover area does not look good. Looks like our area borders on the deep red. The good news, is that the police have road blocks up to question out-of-state people coming through, or coming to their second homes. Stay safe, everyone!
With the amount of travel you do throughout Delaware on a regular basis, I would think this staying inside is radically different for you, RDLR! I think once you're home for any length of time and will be for the foreseeable future, a certain listlessness starts to take hold. For lack of better words, some days I feel a bit dull and other days, I'm a bit more sparky.

I have a question for you - and I apologize if this was earlier in the thread - but what site do you access to see the coronagraph you mention?

It's pretty windy here and my big fear is that we'll lose power and if power isn't restored quickly, the contents of the freezer. The predicted "damaging winds" is pretty scary too! We haven't been in the car for 10 days, but you would know today we have a scheduled store curbside pick-up. That constitutes for BIG EXCITEMENT these days, but I have to admit that today would be one I'd be grateful to nestle indoors!! What we get of what we ordered will be the big question!!

I've been impressed and grateful for the measures the Governor has put into place. I'm beginning to see requirements to wear masks at stores, which is a good thing for everyone.

Hoping every one had a nice, if different, Easter - and you and yours are all well!! Crossing fingers the electricity and roof holds!!

Old 04-13-2020, 09:55 AM

lyndyb, here's the link I visit, scroll down a couple of times. Correction: map and graph

https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/

Yes, this is hard on everyone, staying home. Since I'm a workaholic, I'm really having a tough time. I'm all "napped" out and cranky. I'm finishing up my taxes today, but dragging my feet. Stay Safe!

Old 04-13-2020, 11:00 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,105,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
lyndyb, here's the link I visit, scroll down a couple of times. Correction: map and graph

https://coronavirus.delaware.gov/

Yes, this is hard on everyone, staying home. Since I'm a workaholic, I'm really having a tough time. I'm all "napped" out and cranky. I'm finishing up my taxes today, but dragging my feet. Stay Safe!
The new puppy is a God send. He is keeping me busy. DH calls me a drill sergeant. We got him last Sunday and he sits on command, but in truth he was raised by a family til we got him and they started the training. I n a week I have him lying on his side (Calm), Rolling over, pretty much on command. We have aways to go with come, but we are getting there and give paw is a work in progress. He sits and then throws both paws at me. He was just 2 months last Thursday and really is pretty easy. He is well on his way to house broken, which in reality is learning how to read your puppy and getting him to the door.
I was worried because I took him out at 11 last night and figured he would be crying at 5 to go out, so I was wide awake and he slept til 7. Thank God, I go on very little sleep. I got him out in between rain except for this morning, but even then it was not buckets, just raining.

Old 04-13-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I have him lying on his side (Calm), Rolling over, pretty much on command. We have aways to go with come, but we are getting there and give paw is a work in progress. He sits and then throws both paws at me.
My husband has taught me those very same things!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware