Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2020, 03:48 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,155,750 times

Advertisements

Gyms and movie theaters are closed as of 8am tomorrow (Thursday).

https://news.delaware.gov/2020/03/18...dUMAfmsb-G2tPc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2020, 08:58 AM

308 posts, read 297,214 times
The Liquor stores here are still open. - they're reporting spikes in sales.
The mall is still open.

Why?

Old 03-19-2020, 02:17 PM

829 posts, read 629,065 times
I can't answer your question about the mall, but I heard the malls in Maryland will close at 5PM today, so I wouldn't be surprised if Delaware doesn't follow suit, though I have no inside information or knowledge on that. Time will tell.

If your question is why the liquor stores are still open (why not?) and they're reporting spikes in sales - I think historically liquor sales go up in times of economic uncertainty or anxiety. In our current situation, people can't go to the bar or restaurant and have a few drinks as they may normally, so I guess they're buying so they can drink at home.

The grocery stores continue to be sparse in some areas. I think the initial panic put stock and inventory at a low level. Once the restaurants closed, many people who may have previously eaten out a few times a week are suddenly eating 3 meals a day. I daresay the typical grocery store restocking orders aren't adequate to keep up with the increased demand. Hopefully that will sort itself out soon as they will hopefully increase the side of the incoming orders.

Hope everyone is safe and doing well.

Old 03-19-2020, 02:37 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
So I was a little cabin fevered so I took a little ride.**Several stores on Rehoboth Avenue are open, much to my surprise.**There were quite a few people out walking around on the beach and Rehoboth Avenue. Kohrs Bros was open although I did not see a single sale. I drove the loop twice and parking was not a problem although I never left the car. Now I swung through the outlet (one of three separate locations) on the way back home and I am delighted to tell you that you can buy a spritz of Perfume in the Perfume Factory store and a Baseball cap in Lids, an assortment of stuff in Christmas Tree Hill and then you can stop in the Medical marijuana shop, because after you smell good in your new ball cap and jewelry, you will realize that you have no where to go.
I have no idea why these stores were open as there were few cars in the lot and the only place I saw any people at all was the medical marijuana shop with 2 people heading in as I drove by.
The only other shop opened was, of course WAWA.

Old 03-19-2020, 04:33 PM

Nuts - maybe we passed one another. My husband and I walk down Rehoboth Avenue and then walk the boardwalk and back a lot of days - about a 3 mile loop. We also saw quite a few stores open and I did witness several Kohr's Brothers sales. Dolle's was also open, as was their store that sells chocolate, and Kilwin's chocolates in case any of you who visited the medical marijuana store have the munchies.

Just thought I'd pass along that I went onto the Home Depot site to look up something we need and learned their closing time for all locations will be 6P daily, but their opening time will remain the same - which is 6A here in Rehoboth.

For anyone home shopping, I can tell you that you can see the models at Schell Brothers and Capstone Home locations only by appointment. The sales rep at the model in our development was in the model - I guess they just want to limit the # of people there at one time and minimize the foot traffic.

Old 03-19-2020, 07:30 PM

Just received an e-mail from Walgreens. They are adjusting their store hours and the reason given is to allow them additional time to clean and stock the stores. For most locations, the new hours will be:

Store Hours - 9A-9P
Drive Thru - 9P-9A at 24 hour locations

They are offering free shipping for essentials (only) with no minimum

Old 03-19-2020, 09:43 PM

9,722 posts, read 14,260,591 times
Hand Sanitizer in the Dover, DE or Camden, DE area??? Can't find it anywhere in the area, nor on-line on any site. I saw a recipe to make my own, but then I'd have to go to WalMart and hunt for the gel ingredient.....no way, that would take too much time in there. Anybody have a solution?

Old 03-20-2020, 04:38 AM

Good morning!

The only things I've heard about are probably what you have - that includes isopropyl alcohol, which would no doubt be as tough to find as the hand sanitizer itself, but for what it's worth:

"Either rubbing alcohol or ethanol will work for homemade hand sanitizer. First, pour â…” cup (160 mL) of 99% rubbing alcohol or ethanol into a large bowl. Then, add â…“ cup (80 mL) of pure aloe vera gel. You can use vegetable glycerine instead of aloe vera gel if you'd like."

I came across the solution that can be used to disinfect surfaces, just in case it may help someone!

https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/bleach.html

Also, I received an e-mail that Kohl's is closing all stores until April 1!

Good luck!!

Old 03-20-2020, 10:58 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Hand Sanitizer in the Dover, DE or Camden, DE area??? Can't find it anywhere in the area, nor on-line on any site. I saw a recipe to make my own, but then I'd have to go to WalMart and hunt for the gel ingredient.....no way, that would take too much time in there. Anybody have a solution?
After looking in every store that he passed, my son found two tubes of aloe vera gel in a pharmacy in a small town about ten days ago. Those places have everything or nothing. I just happened to have two bottles of rubbing alcohol.

While I've never considered myself a prepper, I really have been for years. My parents lived through very difficult, trying times.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:37 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I ordered from CVS today and was told they had it in stock - 2 oz. bottle. Should arrive next week. I’m in Camden - if I get it, it’s yours, since I have a few of the tiny bottles that are given away at festivals and events. I’ll post when I get my order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware