Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2021, 06:56 PM

63 posts, read 49,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACman2521 View Post
How many other 1As having no luck with availability?? Younger with limited exposure to at risk patient population, so not the biggest deal personally. Get the sense anything before March will be a miracle.
Try registering in Tarrant County. 3 1Bs in my family have already gotten their first vax. It is not limited to county residents.

Old 01-15-2021, 06:26 AM

554 posts, read 684,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACman2521 View Post
How many other 1As having no luck with availability?? Younger with limited exposure to at risk patient population, so not the biggest deal personally. Get the sense anything before March will be a miracle.
Whole extended family is 1A - can't find the vaccine for love or money. The only one who has been vaccinated works at a hospital - the rest of us are in outpatient settings and have had no luck. DH and I are only every county waitlist/portal as well as a few smaller practice waitlists. We also both have qualifying health conditions, but no dice so far...

Old 01-15-2021, 07:02 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,215,825 times
I received my vaccine Tuesday at the Tarrant County Dept of Health site in Fort Worth. It took 30 minutes or less and was very well run and safe. I can't say the same about their system for choosing who gets a vaccine when. I'm in my 40s and while I have asthma, there are lots of people who need it more urgently than I do. My husband, who had diabetes, hasn't gotten his appointment yet. I have no idea how they are making that decision.

Old 01-15-2021, 08:51 AM

516 posts, read 451,109 times
If anyone on here is 75 years or older, Dallas is allowing you to get a vaccine today without an appointment. The vaccine center is at Fair Park. I assume more information can be found on the county website. As of right now, they will only be allowing this today (Friday, 1/15) and will return to appointments tomorrow.

Old 01-15-2021, 09:44 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
Do you have to be actively working in healthcare to be eligible for 1A? I keep my license current but do not practice. Would I be eligible?
I think it depends on the state, I have a friend in Nevada who has a license but hasn't worked in quite a while and she got vaccinated.

Old 01-15-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterdragon8212 View Post
Whole extended family is 1A - can't find the vaccine for love or money. The only one who has been vaccinated works at a hospital - the rest of us are in outpatient settings and have had no luck. DH and I are only every county waitlist/portal as well as a few smaller practice waitlists. We also both have qualifying health conditions, but no dice so far...
Maybe different states interpret 1A differently but typically that is health care workers or patients in long term care facilities. And your entire family fits into one of those categories?

Old 01-15-2021, 10:33 AM

516 posts, read 451,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Maybe different states interpret 1A differently but typically that is health care workers or patients in long term care facilities. And your entire family fits into one of those categories?
I agree that it has been left up to interpretation. My BIL was able to get a vaccine at Kroger. They are only offering the vaccine to the 1A group. Although he isn't in the medical profession, he works for a hospice company in sales. Since he interacts with doctors and patients selling hospice services, he was able to be included in the 1A group.

Old 01-15-2021, 12:51 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think they mean they are all doctors or work in the medical field. My friend is a physical therapist at a major hospital and was told no vax for them anytime soon even though they work with 1A / 1B populations. Another dentist friend randomly got one at a pediatrics center but they were calling all over the state since not affiliated with a hospital. It’s rough out there - totally random and unorganized dumb luck if you get one.

Meanwhile one set of our 1B parents got them as UTSW patients.

Old 01-15-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I think they mean they are all doctors or work in the medical field. My friend is a physical therapist at a major hospital and was told no vax for them anytime soon even though they work with 1A / 1B populations. Another dentist friend randomly got one at a pediatrics center but they were calling all over the state since not affiliated with a hospital. It’s rough out there - totally random and unorganized dumb luck if you get one.

Meanwhile one set of our 1B parents got them as UTSW patients.
Understood I hope that everyone in your family gets vaccinated ASAP

Old 01-20-2021, 02:25 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/he...8-d9891a03f40c
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas