Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2020, 10:52 AM

577 posts, read 457,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
If the deaths remain lower than they were back in March / April, it’s because the average age of infection has plummeted by 20+ years. We know this virus puts older people and people with comoridities at the highest risk of hospitalization and death so it is no surprise that with the average age of infection since June being 30’s that the death rate would plummet.

And also there are more well-vetted treatment options now, which should reduce deaths, though might just leave more survivors with long term health conditions.

Neither of those mean the virus is weaker.
The average of known infection has plummeted. It's possible the average of infection hasn't changed at all, the only difference is that now we are testing more people.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:58 AM

139 posts, read 171,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTAOLAO View Post
If we learn what happened in New York hospital resource exhaustion should not happen in Dallas county, as of now Dallas county health department should already have a plan and should have all the resources ready.

This is what we hope for.
If Dallas County could do what they want to do, it'd be different and probably okay, but Abbott has tied their hands behind their back.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:09 AM

123 posts, read 173,860 times
I just saw Arizona’s death number jumped to 117 at noon today. Their previous maximum Daily death Number is 36. May be caused their hospital beds already reached Maximum capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
If the deaths remain lower than they were back in March / April, it’s because the average age of infection has plummeted by 20+ years. We know this virus puts older people and people with comoridities at the highest risk of hospitalization and death so it is no surprise that with the average age of infection since June being 30’s that the death rate would plummet.

And also there are more well-vetted treatment options now, which should reduce deaths, though might just leave more survivors with long term health conditions.

Neither of those mean the virus is weaker.

Old 07-07-2020, 12:38 PM

104 posts, read 61,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyg View Post
If Dallas County could do what they want to do, it'd be different and probably okay, but Abbott has tied their hands behind their back.
"Abbot has tied their hands behind their back" Care to elaborate ?

Old 07-07-2020, 03:36 PM

34 posts, read 25,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I would be curious to hear what your wife might say about the idea that better treatments are making deaths happen later on the timeline compared to March/April/May deaths. In other words, if it was, on average, three weeks from virus contraction to death back then, is it possible that it is more like four or five weeks now?

And I agree completely regarding hospital resource exhaustion -- if we reach that point, deaths are very liekly to increase.
NOT sending pts back to nursing home would be one. Better use and understanding of anti-coagulation therapy vs believing it was strictly a pulmonary disease. More/earlier proning to improve oxygenation would be others I imagine.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:45 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,122,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhappybird View Post
I just saw Arizona’s death number jumped to 117 at noon today. Their previous maximum Daily death Number is 36. May be caused their hospital beds already reached Maximum capacity.
It may have been an issue with 4th of July weekend reporting. Some places may have closed for that period.

They reported 1 death on Monday and 4 deaths on Sunday. If you sum up the deaths (1, 4, 117) and divide by 3, it would be 40.6 deaths/day. It's 10% higher than the old high.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:02 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,536,200 times
I have seen a few recovered from the strain that was present in the early days. They are fine. 2 were mild cases, but still like a flu you don't want, 1 was completely asymptomatic, not even loss of taste or smell. All that being said- this thing is a crap shoot! I am a healthy 42 year old Female with no underlying health conditions but I don't want to put myself under unecessary risk. I think we should be open right now (dental office, I'm a hygienist) but we might need to put more protocols in place in the future to stay open. Listen to the Daily podcast 4 things about the Coronavirus to get a handle on how this isn't just a respiratory virus, it is affecting vascular systems.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:13 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
I have seen a few recovered from the strain that was present in the early days. They are fine. 2 were mild cases, but still like a flu you don't want, 1 was completely asymptomatic, not even loss of taste or smell. All that being said- this thing is a crap shoot! I am a healthy 42 year old Female with no underlying health conditions but I don't want to put myself under unecessary risk. I think we should be open right now (dental office, I'm a hygienist) but we might need to put more protocols in place in the future to stay open. Listen to the Daily podcast 4 things about the Coronavirus to get a handle on how this isn't just a respiratory virus, it is affecting vascular systems.
I cancelled my hygiene appointment for last month, because I read an article written by a hygienist who suggested that if you are in the office for a cleaning you should be aware of what else is going on, that drilling or the use of an ultrasonic scaler could spread the virus because of the aerosol production from that equipment. I feel like a fool asking for an appointment when they won't be using equipment that produces aerosols so I'm not sure what to do? What do you think, am I worrying too much?

Old 07-08-2020, 07:07 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,455,827 times
Well....No State Fair this year........... WEAR THE MASK PEOPLE.....it's simple.

Old 07-08-2020, 07:08 AM

104 posts, read 61,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I cancelled my hygiene appointment for last month, because I read an article written by a hygienist who suggested that if you are in the office for a cleaning you should be aware of what else is going on, that drilling or the use of an ultrasonic scaler could spread the virus because of the aerosol production from that equipment. I feel like a fool asking for an appointment when they won't be using equipment that produces aerosols so I'm not sure what to do? What do you think, am I worrying too much?
One of my coworker she just had her major dental work done couple weeks ago and couple others just have they routine cleaning done some of the dental offices required pre-screening like temperature check and followed CDC recommended guidelines, for me if just for cleaning I would postpone until thing start to settle down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas