Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2020, 09:06 AM

227 posts, read 223,340 times

Advertisements

WHO has turned out to be the biggest Joke . wonder if they were seriously doing any work

Old 06-11-2020, 07:37 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,510,571 times
I just honestly no longer care. Ill wear a mask to the market and to other crowded places, but Im done changing anything else. Im even flying on airplanes again. The US government has been massively incompetent in its response and the media exaggerates the hell out of everything it reports. Even the WHO has flip flopped so many times and the CDC hasnt been much better.

Bottom line, nobody seems to know what is going on and we have no unified leadership. I give up.

Old 06-11-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrie143 View Post
The WHO walked that statement back in less than a day. They flip flop more than a fish out of water, I swear
My honest opinion is that the initial statement was probably correct but that they (along with every media outlet) seem to want the public to be more afraid than is necessary so they cant have people being more relaxed.

Fear sells and fear controls.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:13 AM

123 posts, read 173,860 times
Yes, i think so. as this time, they are positive that the asymptomatic patients are not a big threat to the public but they are still not 100% sure. So they have to take a more conservative approach to not reduce public's awareness to this virus. WHO has learned the lesson in that they did not advise people to wear masks at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
My honest opinion is that the initial statement was probably correct but that they (along with every media outlet) seem to want the public to be more afraid than is necessary so they cant have people being more relaxed.

Fear sells and fear controls.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:54 AM

19,804 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhappybird View Post
Yes, i think so. as this time, they are positive that the asymptomatic patients are not a big threat to the public but they are still not 100% sure. So they have to take a more conservative approach to not reduce public's awareness to this virus. WHO has learned the lesson in that they did not advise people to wear masks at the beginning.
That's a misread of what the experts are saying.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:13 AM

352 posts, read 778,545 times
So I thought the plan for "Phased Reopening" was to only go to the next phase if the numbers were going down?

The numbers are going up and as a matter of fact they are almost at peak levels again.

So why are we continuing to go on with phase 3 opening things up at 75% capacity?

Was that whole phase thing a lie just to save face? I mean why have phases if you arent following through with the plan?

Old 06-11-2020, 10:19 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,306,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoodeep03 View Post
So I thought the plan for "Phased Reopening" was to only go to the next phase if the numbers were going down?

The numbers are going up and as a matter of fact they are almost at peak levels again.

So why are we continuing to go on with phase 3 opening things up at 75% capacity?

Was that whole phase thing a lie just to save face? I mean why have phases if you arent following through with the plan?
Exactly. We’re actually on the Dan Patrick plan but Abbott refuses to admit it.

Texas along with the other states who reopened without meeting any of the CDC criteria are all have case counts and hospitalizations go the wrong direction.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:21 AM

227 posts, read 223,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoodeep03 View Post

Guess we in Texas r the Guinea pigs

Old 06-11-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post

Texas along with the other states who reopened without meeting any of the CDC criteria are all have case counts and hospitalizations go the wrong direction.
Id love to agree but considering California is the other state where the virus is growing fastest and they did everything the opposite of us, I dont place too much stock in it.

Old 06-11-2020, 10:50 AM

451 posts, read 320,627 times
The number of daily deaths in Texas has stayed pretty much under 50 this whole time. The highest was 58 back on May 14. As the tests become easily available and test results come back relatively quicker, the number of daily positive cases are bound to increase.

I would suggest that we continue to monitor the daily death numbers and should not panic based on the daily new positive cases numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas