Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2020, 03:20 PM

352 posts, read 777,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper21 View Post
Covid hospitalizations by day for trauma service area in Texas. Dallas and Houston have spiked up the last few days.

https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/T...TimebyTSA.xlsx
exactly yet they are still proceeding with the next phase tomorrow.

There was never any plan to halt a phase. It was all just to save face. At the end of the day their goal was to open up no matter what

Old 06-11-2020, 04:11 PM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
You have to look at where in Cali though. SF went on the firmest lockdown and is still not very open and their cases are very low.

Inland where they were faster reopening is where the issues seem to be.

I think if Clay Jenkins had been able to call the shots for Dallas County still, we would be in a better position.
Hows that different than Texas though? Northern California is doing better but not Southern California and they locked down far more aggressively than anywhere in Texas.

The counties that have the highest rising number of cases (per capita) are all rural and most are homes to meat packing plants or prisons. The only exception I can find is Jefferson County (Beaumont). The urban county increases in Texas are comparable to Southern California.

Average Daily New Cases by California County:
Los Angeles: 156
Orange: 31
San Diego: 36
Riverside: 87
San Bernadino: 2

Average Daily New Cases by Texas County:
Harris: 114
Dallas: 94
Tarrant: 49
Denton: 5
Collin: 19
Fort Bend: 30
Montgomery: 10
Travis: 28
Bexar: 58

Old 06-12-2020, 07:16 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,114,245 times
I took the COVID19 test this morning in Carrollton drive-through site. They went deep up BOTH nostrils. It felt like getting salt water up your nose, while in Galveston.

If meat processors ask for weekly testing, workers might ask for fewer safety regulations.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:25 PM

352 posts, read 777,818 times
I heard on the news Houston is getting ready to go back under lockdown

yet

Abbott err I mean Dan Patrick isnt saying a word on halting the phases.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:30 PM

8,112 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoodeep03 View Post

yet

Yeah, apparently all is good we have plenty of hospital beds available.

Oh, and they also use as a metric the number of hospitalizations / the number of active cases. Claiming since it's not changing all is good. I mean you can't make this stuff up.

Old 06-13-2020, 06:40 AM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Yeah, apparently all is good we have plenty of hospital beds available.

Oh, and they also use as a metric the number of hospitalizations / the number of active cases. Claiming since it's not changing all is good. I mean you can't make this stuff up.

But wait...dang, the medical community created that metric themselves.

Remember their graph with the curve representing cases and the flat line representing their capability? They did claim, over and over again, that as long as the curve of cases stayed below the line of their capability, all was well.

Old 06-13-2020, 07:48 AM

8,319 posts, read 5,478,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waytoodeep03 View Post

yet

The odds of getting people here to comply with a new lockdown here are the same as flapping my ears and flying to Mars.

The same people who were telling us to stay at home lest we kill grandma were just telling us to go out and protest. I agree with the protesters cause but it is ridiculously hypocritical to do a 180 like that. Lina Hidalgo our county judge (whom I do like) did just that so now when she says we need to stay at home, it’s hollow and won’t be adhered to.

Besides the states orders override the county’s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

Remember their graph with the curve representing cases and the flat line representing their capability? They did claim, over and over again, that as long as the curve of cases stayed below the line of their capability, all was well.
This. The whole flatten the curve thing was solely based on keeping hospital resources from being overwhelmed. It was NEVER about reducing the number of total cases, but rather spreading those cases out over time.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:08 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,114,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

Texas is doing great on flattening the curve. Estimated hospital beds available are 28k with an estimated 714 used. October projections predict a peak of less than 10% of capacity.

The University of Washington (IHME) chart for Texas hospital resources - https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...-america/texas

Old 06-13-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
Texas is doing great on flattening the curve. Estimated hospital beds available are 28k with an estimated 714 used. October projections predict a peak of less than 10% of capacity.

The University of Washington (IHME) chart for Texas hospital resources - https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...-america/texas
Currently about 2166 (as of June 12th) people are hospitalized for COVID 19 in TX.

https://apps.texastribune.org/featur...rus-cases-map/

P.S. I'm sure in AZ they also thought at some point that they have plenty of capacity..

Old 06-13-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
The odds of getting people here to comply with a new lockdown here are the same as flapping my ears and flying to Mars.

The same people who were telling us to stay at home lest we kill grandma were just telling us to go out and protest. I agree with the protesters cause but it is ridiculously hypocritical to do a 180 like that. Lina Hidalgo our county judge (whom I do like) did just that so now when she says we need to stay at home, it’s hollow and won’t be adhered to.

Besides the states orders override the county’s.

This. The whole flatten the curve thing was solely based on keeping hospital resources from being overwhelmed. It was NEVER about reducing the number of total cases, but rather spreading those cases out over time.
reducing the effective reproduction number, reduces the total size of the epidemic. reducing it below 1.0 leads to a decrease in the number of active cases.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/texas/

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...untry/germany/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas