Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 08:15 AM

17,757 posts, read 15,957,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
She should not have hit him but he's no angel either. I think he has probably been an annoyance to people living there. And he has no problem riding in the middle of the street at night. His own body cam proves that. Here are two videos from his tik tok.
https://www.tiktok.com/@mcfadden_fig...09092576429611

I'm not sure but that may be an electric bike he is riding. They can go pretty fast. This video starts a little earlier than the one shown on the news. I wonder if he looped around to make it look like he did nothing. Odd he is so far behind his friends who are already stopped when he is riding really fast.

Most 12 year old boys aren't "angels." I don't see anything that would indicate that he is "bad," or anything of the sort, however.

The video of him riding in the street is from several months ago... His mother did say he was almost hit by a car, and that she recently told him to stay on the sidewalks.

The video of him throwing a Spiderman around... I don't particularly see anything "wrong" with that?

And finally, the last video, yes he was going fast, but still... He slowed down well before he got anywhere near her, and came to a full stop quite a distance away.

I still only see one person at fault here.

I see a 12 year old boy doing things 12 year old boys do: riding his bike, playing with friends.
And I see a woman upset that 12 year old neighborhood boys are outside having fun, possibly making noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2022, 08:33 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,187,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Most 12 year old boys aren't "angels." I don't see anything that would indicate that he is "bad," or anything of the sort, however.

The video of him riding in the street is from several months ago... His mother did say he was almost hit by a car, and that she recently told him to stay on the sidewalks.

The video of him throwing a Spiderman around... I don't particularly see anything "wrong" with that?

And finally, the last video, yes he was going fast, but still... He slowed down well before he got anywhere near her, and came to a full stop quite a distance away.

I still only see one person at fault here.

I see a 12 year old boy doing things 12 year old boys do: riding his bike, playing with friends.
And I see a woman upset that 12 year old neighborhood boys are outside having fun, possibly making noise.
I didn't say he was a bad kid. I was questioning if he had been an annoyance in the neighborhood. Riding in the middle of the street at night without bike lights and throwing a heavy splatman at signs and what looks like a clubhouse/pool area with glass tables could have been one of the previous issues leading up to this incident.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:14 AM

16,374 posts, read 10,612,177 times
I fail to see how a video of a kid acting like a kid and playing with a splatman changes a thing. Why are we still trying to put some blame on the kid? What he did was perfectly legal, what she did was not. It's just that simple but as I said posters here always want to overcomplicate things. What happened in the past is totally irrelevant to what took place in this video.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I fail to see how a video of a kid acting like a kid and playing with a splatman changes a thing. Why are we still trying to put some blame on the kid? What he did was perfectly legal, what she did was not. It's just that simple but as I said posters here always want to overcomplicate things. What happened in the past is totally irrelevant to what took place in this video.
Who said it changes anything. I've already said the woman was wrong. They obviously had a history that led to her losing control when she hit him. The story mentions previous incidents so maybe annoyance issues. Some of us are curious. If you are not then stop quoting me because it sounds like you are trying to insinuate that I'm saying something I never said.

Old 04-12-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Who said it changes anything. I've already said the woman was wrong. They obviously had a history that led to her losing control when she hit him. The story mentions previous incidents so maybe annoyance issues. Some of us are curious. If you are not then stop quoting me because it sounds like you are trying to insinuate that I'm saying something I never said.
My guess would be that the boys can be minor nuisances at times, which is quite normal when you have neighborhood kids playing outside. I much prefer to see kids outside playing than a residential street that's dead with everyone locked indoors. Again, just a wild guess here.

I'm comparing what I am seeing in these videos to how my own kids (12 and 10) act, which is why I find it quite normal. When my boys are outside playing with other neighborhood kids, there is noise. They run around all over the place. They create a makeshift soccer field, and the ball can be sent flying onto sidewalks, etc.
One lady did once get upset and yelled at them... And... Well, that's too bad for her. She does not own the complex, the public grassed areas, the sidewalks... Her finding kids at play to be irritable is not anyone's problem but hers.

Old 04-12-2022, 11:57 AM

7,031 posts, read 4,047,482 times
Quote:
I didn't say he was a bad kid. I was questioning if he had been an annoyance in the neighborhood. Riding in the middle of the street at night without bike lights and throwing a heavy splatman at signs and what looks like a clubhouse/pool area with glass tables could have been one of the previous issues leading up to this incident.
And.... which one of those actions makes her hitting him a justifiable action????

I'll make it easy for you - NONE OF THEM.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
My guess would be that the boys can be minor nuisances at times, which is quite normal when you have neighborhood kids playing outside. I much prefer to see kids outside playing than a residential street that's dead with everyone locked indoors. Again, just a wild guess here.

I'm comparing what I am seeing in these videos to how my own kids (12 and 10) act, which is why I find it quite normal. When my boys are outside playing with other neighborhood kids, there is noise. They run around all over the place. They create a makeshift soccer field, and the ball can be sent flying onto sidewalks, etc.
One lady did once get upset and yelled at them... And... Well, that's too bad for her. She does not own the complex, the public grassed areas, the sidewalks... Her finding kids at play to be irritable is not anyone's problem but hers.
Girls can be too. I don't know what the previous issues were. She could be of the get off my lawn set or not. He could be a normal acting 12 year old or a nuisance enough that she and the board have had to go to his family because of complaints. Something led up to this. I'm curious to what it was.
I am 100% on the play outside team. People of all ages play outside where I live including me.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
And.... which one of those actions makes her hitting him a justifiable action????

Show me where I said that. I'll make it easy for you. I didn't. I actually said the opposite. Damn some people need to learn how to comprehend what they read.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post

I didn't get that she is defending the woman's actions in any of her posts -- rather, she is just curious as to what exactly the previous confrontations were about.

And based on what I have seen, I am guessing that she is one of those, like the woman in my neighborhood, who seems to find kids at play to be nuisances. But that's just a guess.

Old 04-12-2022, 12:49 PM

5,848 posts, read 3,357,560 times
We have a gaggle of boys in our neighborhood. 8 to 10 of them out playing, almost daily. Ages from 8 to 12 would be my guess. There's always a few playing outside. I have 2 boys next door, 2 boys across the street in one house, and another across the street next door, 1 boy on the street over, and another on the same street as us, but around the corner. So...a bunch of them.

Sometimes they're riding their bikes on ramps in the street, sometimes they're climbing the tree across the street, sometimes they're playing kickball, or soccer, or they're practicing catch...or they're throwing hoops...always something. Sometimes, it's a tad annoying to turn on to my street and have to wait for the boys to move the soccer net, or move the ramp...but it's so minor...not a big deal.

Kids play. I played. My kids played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events