Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 07:08 PM

29,524 posts, read 22,680,154 times

Advertisements

Several news article mentions the assailant as being 79/80-years old. She certainly doesn't look that age.

Anyhow, just another deranged woman. Assaults the kid and then lies about it to the kid's mum. Thank goodness he was wearing a GoPro camera.

Oh, and by the way, in the city of Santa Ana, riding a bike on city sidewalks is not against the law (so long as it's not a sidewalk by businesses).

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ewalk/2865388/

Quote:
Video from the GoPro camera of a 12-year-old boy captured the tense moments after a woman confronted him about riding his bicycle on a neighborhood sidewalk in Santa Ana.

The woman who confronted the boy was cited by police for misdemeanor assault and released on bond, according to the Santa Ana Police Department. The case needs to be presented to the district attorney’s office for consideration of charges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxDwfmd7SIY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 07:29 PM

15,460 posts, read 7,511,039 times
That woman needs to be forced to take an anger management class after spending 3 months in jail. The only time to put hands on someone elses child is to prevent them from getting into a dangerous situation or if they attack you.

Old 04-09-2022, 08:13 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,445,509 times
Stupid old woman either drunk or mentally screwed up. In addition to striking the boy, she lied about it. If not for the camera it would have been hard to determine what the truth was. I hope she gets some real punishment, probably a large fine would sting her as much as anything.

I like the father was calm, he probably wanted to put the woman's head through a window for striking his child.

The child himself was no pushover either, he stood up for himself as best he could verbally, but didn't cross the line and sock the lady, despite the fact that she deserved it.

Old 04-09-2022, 08:16 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,600,924 times
She seems drunk or on something. Either way she should spend a few days in the slammer.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 04-09-2022, 10:52 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,084,050 times
I have seen weirdos like that old lady before.
Usually they have had a rough life.
Too much to drink.
Too much drugs or whatever.
Usually a bad home life too.
We call them “damage done”.
More or less unfixable.

Old 04-09-2022, 11:45 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,966,007 times
I actually agree with the woman

A 12 yr old should know better and is old enough to ride on the street.

Heck there are 5 yr olds beating up teachers. Kids are getting stronger and stronger

Old 04-10-2022, 05:08 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,930,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post

Heck there are 5 yr olds beating up teachers. Kids are getting stronger and stronger
His mom told him to ride on the sidewalk because he almost got hit by a car when riding in the street. I don't see anything wrong with kids riding their bikes on the sidewalk for safety. It's probably more appropriate in the street, however if people walking on it complain, you could point out all the trails out there that are for bikers and walkers/hikers; people can share the walkway.

Old 04-10-2022, 05:57 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,957,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post

Read the OP again. OP says riding on the sidewalk isn't illegal where this happened.

This article states it clearly.

https://newsantaana.com/elderly-woma...%20pedestrians.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:29 AM

50,834 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
His mom told him to ride on the sidewalk because he almost got hit by a car when riding in the street. I don't see anything wrong with kids riding their bikes on the sidewalk for safety. It's probably more appropriate in the street, however if people walking on it complain, you could point out all the trails out there that are for bikers and walkers/hikers; people can share the walkway.
If it’s allowed there I agree with you. However in Ocean city, the town I used to live in, people used to ride bikes on the sidewalk in the downtown area which was packed with people, despite signs with bicycles with a line through them say no bikes on sidewalk. We had an elderly man get knocked over by a kid riding a bike too fast around the corner on that sidewalk and broke his ribs.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:38 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,479,600 times
I'm not convinced that the kid is so innocent. Or that entire family.

Why was he wearing the camera? He just happened to come across her while riding his bike with his camera turned on? Maybe, but how likely is that?

I suspect there's been a lot of provoking by that kid prior to the camera rolling. She instantly went nuts when she saw him coming. Who does that without a reason?

For all we know that entire family gets amusement by picking on a neighbor who's a bit off her rocker. Add to their fun a camera to make the old lady appear really crazy, and the boy innocent, when in fact she's simply reacting to past harassments.

Nope. I don't believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events