Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 12:33 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times

Advertisements

I see the conversation has not improved since I was here last. Guys this is not difficult.

People use Go Pros all the time, there was nothing "weird" at all about this. As has been pointed out the video started there because that was the pertinently point, the rest of the video was simply the view of a bike ride and totally irrelevant to the story.

Riding on the sidewalk was perfectly legal, his mom instructed him to do just this to keep him safe. He did absolutely nothing wrong regardless of where his home is.

The woman approached the kid and physically confronted him. Again he did nothing wrong, she did which is why she was arrested.

Nobody said anything close to wanting to "hang" this woman, another idiotic comment. We just want her to be held accountable for her actions which she was with the arrest.

Pretty simply stuff really but poster as always want to make it more complicated than it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 01:01 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,866,720 times
Insane situation and clearly unstable lady. Glad this was caught on camera and the family pressed charges against her, so she has a record. If she tries something like this again, it will be a pattern and likely severe consequences. The boy did nothing wrong. Side walks are public property. The lady was trying to start trouble.

Old 04-11-2022, 01:03 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,146,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
In the link provided, it has stated that this lady and the family are neighbors, and they've had interactions before, according to the mom.

Perhaps not right next door...who knows...but certainly seems to be on the same street.
AND, she was standing in front of his house.

I think it's a safe assumption that they're next door neighbors.

Old 04-11-2022, 02:23 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,556,941 times
I could see how having a crazy neighbor lady demanding they not ride on sidewalk might predicate wanting to have a go-pro but it's all moot.

One side was legal, the other side was not.

Cut and dry situation here and the lady knew it so she lied.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:16 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,068,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If it’s allowed there I agree with you. However in Ocean city, the town I used to live in, people used to ride bikes on the sidewalk in the downtown area which was packed with people, despite signs with bicycles with a line through them say no bikes on sidewalk. We had an elderly man get knocked over by a kid riding a bike too fast around the corner on that sidewalk and broke his ribs.

What is the law in Ocean City DOES NOT MATTER. Not one bit.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:22 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,068,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I watched the video. Maybe you should consider what might have happened between those people days earlier. Ever think of that? That's all I'm sayin'.

I wasn't there. Neither were you.

We all know that cameras do not always show the entire truth.

Has absolutely nothing to do with her battery of the kid. Nothing.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:52 PM

6,296 posts, read 4,194,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I actually agree with the woman

A 12 yr old should know better and is old enough to ride on the street.

Heck there are 5 yr olds beating up teachers. Kids are getting stronger and stronger
Oh , so you think it’s okay to hit a child

Old 04-11-2022, 05:31 PM

9,359 posts, read 14,096,552 times
You can guess the general age range of the posters here just by their reaction and comments. Young people feel entitled to do what they want. Older people feel entitled to be protected by society when they follow rules and conventions.

I'm old. When we rode bikes even in elementry school we needed a bike license. There were rules. And in the US by convention we walk toward the right when passing shoulder to shoulder and faster entities pass to the left after alerting the person on the right that they are doing so.

If space does not allow either of those options, the bike rider dismounts to pass the pedestrian. The least protected person is always given the most protected status. Pedestrian>bike>>>electric bike>>motorcycle>car

Old 04-11-2022, 06:04 PM

17,155 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post

If space does not allow either of those options, the bike rider dismounts to pass the pedestrian. The least protected person is always given the most protected status. Pedestrian>bike>>>electric bike>>motorcycle>car
But... Here's the thing: He stopped a solid 15+ feet in front of her. He slowed down, and then came to a full stop. He did the right thing. He didn't just keep going, threatening to plow into her.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:09 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,707,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post

I'm old. When we rode bikes even in elementry school we needed a bike license.
Never heard of this; when/where was it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events