Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2014, 01:33 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The good that has come out of all of this is policy change. NY might get special prosecutors for Police. Body cams are also on the table for many departments.

Hopefully protests continue until the reform is complete.
None of this will change a thing. 99.9% of black lives lost have nothing to do with the police. Body cams and special prosecutors are just spending more money and ignoring the real issue. The NYPD barely shoots anyone (they shot and killed 4 African Americans last year, all armed and committing crimes), so there's hardly an epidemic of police shootings.

The police aren't the issue, the community is the issue. If you want to change the situation then community norms have to change.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:27 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
I disagree with where all of this went. It would have been good for his neighborhood if he had never reached the point where he was this type of person. Finding out how to make this happen is critical to moving forward as a country. And the answer does not start with "Black people have to...."
Yes it does.....

Old 12-14-2014, 10:20 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
I know the part about "Black people have to....", but I'll say it anyway: Black people have to turn away from the Al Sharptons of the world, the charlatans who've profited mightily from their own people's misery and profit by stoking that misery.
How dare you.

I can't stand Sharpton, but for you to say that he should be shunned by certain people just because YOU don't like him is offensive.

Again, black people are NOT a "collective". We are 12 percent of the population = 40 million.

Your IGNORANCE that all 40 million blacks in this country are of one mind, one belief and follow only one or two black people is disgusting and shameful.

You should be embarrassed for even posting this nonsense on a messageboard anonymous or not.

Just Ewwwwwwww at your entire post of "black people need to..." .

Can you speak for the 200 million whites in this country??

Old 12-14-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Yes it does.....
No it doesn't.

Get some black friends.

Old 12-14-2014, 11:41 AM

21,829 posts, read 25,102,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
How dare you.

I can't stand Sharpton, but for you to say that he should be shunned by certain people just because YOU don't like him is offensive.

Again, black people are NOT a "collective". We are 12 percent of the population = 40 million.

Your IGNORANCE that all 40 million blacks in this country are of one mind, one belief and follow only one or two black people is disgusting and shameful.

You should be embarrassed for even posting this nonsense on a messageboard anonymous or not.

Yes.

White people need to turn away from Storm Front.

Old 12-14-2014, 02:26 PM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
More Grand Jury files released

Dec 8th
Ferguson grand jury documents

Dec 13th
Ferguson case: New grand jury documents released | kplr11.com

Old 12-14-2014, 03:20 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
How dare you.

I take a break from these types of forums, and people are STILL lumping us into one category lol wow.

I'm starting to think these same people have posters of Jesse & Al in their bedrooms sitting next to bottles of lotion and lubricants... The obsession is real

Old 12-14-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I'm lazy Berdee, but is Dorian's info in there?

I really want to know what he said to them.

Because if he gave a different version of events that goes with what Wilson said, then Dorian Wilson set off a chain of events based on LIES and this BOTHERS me.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I take a break from these types of forums, and people are STILL lumping us into one category lol wow.

I'm starting to think these same people have posters of Jesse & Al in their bedrooms sitting next to bottles of lotion and lubricants... The obsession is real
I literally burst out laughing!!

Seriously, they are more OBSESSED with these men than WE are.

It's surreal.

I also repped you for this.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:57 PM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
I'm lazy Berdee, but is Dorian's info in there?

I really want to know what he said to them.

Because if he gave a different version of events that goes with what Wilson said, then Dorian Wilson set off a chain of events based on LIES and this BOTHERS me.
I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but from the news comments his interview was 'fairly' similar to the GJ testimony. I don't think it was exactly the same and I'm not sure what parts had changed.

But, here ya go ..
https://localtvktvi.files.wordpress....son-dorian.pdf

edited to add - those are just some of the papers that had not been previously released. the fed has some other papers that had never been released and it appears that the fed will 'not' release them. (so we will still not have the 'full' picture)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events