Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2014, 03:34 PM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I would submit he's no hero, just a good cop who did his job correctly given the circumstances he was faced with.
Agree, the cop is no hero. Did he do his job correctly? Seems, he was trigger happy. A life was lost needlessly.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:21 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Agree, the cop is no hero. Did he do his job correctly? Seems, he was trigger happy. A life was lost needlessly.
You are correct, he (Brown) didn't NEED to strong-arm rob a store, didn't NEED to assault a police officer, didn't NEED to fight for the officer's gun etc,etc,etc. So yes, it WAS needless.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:54 AM

16,542 posts, read 8,584,349 times
`

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez60...-lFwWw&index=1

Old 12-18-2014, 09:41 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
You are correct, he (Brown) didn't NEED to strong-arm rob a store, didn't NEED to assault a police officer, didn't NEED to fight for the officer's gun etc,etc,etc. So yes, it WAS needless.
Still say, needless, probably meant senseless. The police officer could have just backed off. He was not chasing a rabid animal or a vicious killer. IMHO.

The police officer, was way out of line. If he was so afraid of people, he had no business in law enforcement. Again, IMHO.

Sounds like police recruiting and training are going to change. There are so many great police officers; just the horrible few, ruin the reputation of police that do not deserve the bad rap.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:31 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
how many of you would want mike brown living in your neighborhood or dating your sister or daughter???? (LOL)

Old 12-19-2014, 07:10 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Still say, needless, probably meant senseless. The police officer could have just backed off. He was not chasing a rabid animal or a vicious killer. IMHO.

The police officer, was way out of line. If he was so afraid of people, he had no business in law enforcement. Again, IMHO.

Sounds like police recruiting and training are going to change. There are so many great police officers; just the horrible few, ruin the reputation of police that do not deserve the bad rap.
I would guess the store clerk would differ with your opinion. He was assaulted by a thug and did nothing do earn that assault. Part of a police officer's job is to apprehend a criminal, not back off.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:48 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:

So, at what point should the officer have "backed off"? Was it after he committed strong arm robbery? If you were the person that was robbed would YOU want the police to "back off"? Or would you want the crook stopped?
Or, should the officer "back off" after being assaulted in his car and almost having his gun taken (a FELONY)? If so, what message does that send to the perp and more than that what are the odds that said perp now escalates his actions in the belief that he's found out how to successfully intimidate those officers that try to stop him?
Had Brown been in any kind of rational,normal mindset he would've known that his actions in and around that police officer would most likely end up very badly for him sooner or later. Unfortunately for him (Brown) he felt himself invincible and entitled to do as he wished and quickly/permanently found out he was in error.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:19 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Quote:
So, at what point should the officer have "backed off"? Was it after he committed strong arm robbery? If you were the person that was robbed would YOU want the police to "back off"? Or would you want the crook stopped?
Or, should the officer "back off" after being assaulted in his car and almost having his gun taken (a FELONY)? If so, what message does that send to the perp and more than that what are the odds that said perp now escalates his actions in the belief that he's found out how to successfully intimidate those officers that try to stop him?
Had Brown been in any kind of rational,normal mindset he would've known that his actions in and around that police officer would most likely end up very badly for him sooner or later. Unfortunately for him (Brown) he felt himself invincible and entitled to do as he wished and quickly/permanently found out he was in error.
Also, what message does it send to any person the police are trying to control? It sends the message of "I can do anything I want because the police can not stop ME!"

Honestly, if I was a policeman I would just turn off my radio for a month and let them fend for themselves.
Draw my check, sit back and have a cup of coffee.

If they want to march around bad mouthing, give them a different reason to march when the black "boys" are shooting it up and killing each other.
CLICK.
"Hi honey, how are the kids? I'll BE HOME at 5"

Old 12-19-2014, 09:37 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
There is no proof any of this happened, except through Wilson's word which is questionable at best considering how Brown died. He killed him out of anger NOT to stop a dangerous, fleeing suspect as many of you would like to believe.

The "forensic evidence" only proves there was a struggle and that Wilson shot Brown, that's all.

Again, I no longer believe it was racial. There is nothing in Wilson's background that leads to him being a racist when confronting black suspects. He's never used the n-word or the code words "savages", "animals", etc., when speaking with them.

I believe as a big man himself he needed to exert his "big man" cop authority over Brown moreso than Dorian. Dorian was no threat. He felt Brown to be his competition for some reason and everything got out of hand.

That "crazed, super black" nonsense story he gave was probably dictated to him by older whites who know the racist code words to use to swing things in his favor. The going in his "waistband" theme seems to ALWAYS be the cause of many black male deaths or the black male suspect that commit "suicide" in the back of a police car with his hands cuffed BEHIND HIS BACK.

I guess in these instances, the black male really is a "super black" when it comes to getting himself killed.

Or a black female getting shot in her face all because she was banging on the door at the wee hours of the morning looking for help.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:39 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
how many of you would want mike brown living in your neighborhood or dating your sister or daughter???? (LOL)
How many of you would like that freak George Zimmerman living in your neighborhood or dating your sister, daughter or mother??? Lolololol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events