Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 05:14 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,333,969 times

Advertisements

7am temps this morning

NWS EDD

Old 11-01-2017, 05:18 AM

223 posts, read 172,469 times
Chilly out there- saw the temperature drop from 38 to 34 during my commute from Middletown to Cheshire!

Old 11-01-2017, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetnewspaper View Post
Chilly out there- saw the temperature drop from 38 to 34 during my commute from Middletown to Cheshire!
Isn't it fun watching the temp drop and rise as you drive through different areas? Love the microclimates of CT

Old 11-01-2017, 06:12 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Why is the word bust being mentioned even? They called this very well.
I may have exaggerated a bit because I was dealing with a water issue that made the whole evening feel worse. Thankfully it's being repaired finally so one less thing to deal with.

Really enjoying these cool temps, it feels good to be comfortable in jeans and a hoody and use my heated seats during the commute. Finally got rid of the burning dust smell from the baseboards, looking forward to some more seasonal weather!

Old 11-01-2017, 06:27 AM

Aside from some shower chances next few days, should stay mostly dry. Next rain chance will be Sunday and Monday but just light stuff. (less than 1")

Then.......... All models have a storm around the 8th-9th..

GFS on left showing a Rain to Snow scenario for CT. Basically as the storm gains strength cold air comes rushing in and changes over. Would be Snowstorm for some in NY and southern New England as shown.

Canadian on right not cold enough so just stays rain and only northern New England gets the snow but little bit since they are far from the storm.

Still 9 days away.

But looks like the 8th-9th is the next time frame to watch for a coastal storm.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:01 AM

Here are the Top 30 biggest snowfall departures last year for all U.S NWS Climo Sites.

Hartford with 62.3" last yr was 21.8" above normal

Bridgeport on the list as well. Even though was a warm winter overall (Dec-Jan-Feb) it was snowy especially Feb-March

Binghamton won the biggest departure.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:11 AM

282 posts, read 232,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Isn't it fun watching the temp drop and rise as you drive through different areas? Love the microclimates of CT
It wouldn't be so bad, if our heater decided not to kick in this morning. Since we both work, it's gonna get COLD in this house today. We can't even call for service til we get home at 4PM. Oil heat - pressed the buttons they said to press last time it happened (10 years ago), and we JUST got our system cleaned/serviced (it's a yearly checkup) two weeks ago.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:15 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,946,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
In the northeastern MA towns of Amesbury, Salisbury, and Newburyport, the power has just come back on for some people and for others, no one knows. No one is telling them anything. It's cold, they can't cook, restaurants are closed due to no power, Halloween was cancelled, school has been off for two days now. And they think maybe the repair companies are down in Puerto Rico or something. That's the only way they can explain the fact that there is no word of what has happened or when it will be fixed. No sign of a truck in most place--nothing. Warming shelters have been opened but many people have gone inland to stay in motels. Coastal New England storm.
Dealt with this same scenario with Irene, Snowtober and Sandy. No power for a week in all three storms. Gotta have a back up plan (read: generator) especially if you live in more rural areas and require well water. I've noticed that the most of the people in our town who experienced weeks without power have purchased generators as a result. I've also noticed that people who have moved to town after those storms give me puzzled looks when I mention generators. Live and learn I guess.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:43 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
In the northeastern MA towns of Amesbury, Salisbury, and Newburyport, the power has just come back on for some people and for others, no one knows. No one is telling them anything. It's cold, they can't cook, restaurants are closed due to no power, Halloween was cancelled, school has been off for two days now. And they think maybe the repair companies are down in Puerto Rico or something. That's the only way they can explain the fact that there is no word of what has happened or when it will be fixed. No sign of a truck in most place--nothing. Warming shelters have been opened but many people have gone inland to stay in motels. Coastal New England storm.
Not to dwell on this, but this area is up north on the NH border--probably another one of those microclimates. Temps were to have gone down into the 30s last night and the warming shelters were for the elderly and for people trying to care for infants. Radio had a rep from National Grid last night who took calls from people still without power and said that they were expecting a number 4 storm and got a 3 (or vice versa--I don't know what the numbers mean. )

Probably means that most areas got what was predicted but other areas got something worse. Who would have known? There's no way for people to prepare anyway except to get a generator.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:46 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
I may have exaggerated a bit because I was dealing with a water issue that made the whole evening feel worse. Thankfully it's being repaired finally so one less thing to deal with.

Really enjoying these cool temps, it feels good to be comfortable in jeans and a hoody and use my heated seats during the commute. Finally got rid of the burning dust smell from the baseboards, looking forward to some more seasonal weather!
Yea, I think we expect too much of the weather folks. Nice to finally have fall now agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut