Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 12:58 PM

83,513 posts, read 75,277,900 times

Advertisements

Some pics from today. Lets start off with a Comparison Picture.

October 14, 2015 on left. October 14, 2016 on right.

I'll let you be the judge and make comments. (No color editing done)

New Canaan.

Another one from RT123

One more...

Also in New Canaan I did a double take. Everytime I passed by this area it was full of water. (There is a Dam to the right nearby) WOW! Bottom is showing

Brooks and Rivers are drying up.

Was also in North Stamford today. I recommend getting lost there in the fall on a clear beautiful cool day in the 50s with some leaves changing colors.

Some tight and windy roads. (Riverbank and Farms Rd)

Interesting stone wall. Reminds me of Medieval times.

Lots of dense woods everywhere. So nice to see and still have around!

Here's a Panorama of a Hairpin turn on Farms Road. Something you might not be able to see that has me wondering is that black pipe along the side of the road.(right side) It went on for miles. Are they pumping water somewhere?

Went through this property

The other side went into this one.. I looked at the map and there was a Lake nearby. Rockwood Lake

Close up. Hmmmm. For Well water users??

Whats a road called Farms Road if there's no farm on it.

North Greenwich on Taconic Road. That pond is typically full of water. A brook dumps into it. So weird to see things this dry.

Someones backyard in North Greenwich. I also heard some chickens and roosters down the road.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 10:45 AM

Can't believe how green it is still! About 1-2 weeks late this year. Now we got 70s coming this week should delay it 3 more days

Will it look like that in 2 weeks? This morning on right. 10/31/14 on left.

Lynman Orchards. Picture perfect day. Blue Skies, Temps warmed into the low 50s but still had that crispness, smell of farm fresh Apples.

Mmmm, Apples

Whats a fall photo without Pumpkins?

Nice view of the River Valley

If you bunch the right trees together, you can get this by Mid October in a late year. This is right near the Corn Maze and Apple Barrel there.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Here's a Panorama of a Hairpin turn on Farms Road. Something you might not be able to see that has me wondering is that black pipe along the side of the road.(right side) It went on for miles. Are they pumping water somewhere?
Yup.

PHOTOS: Emergency Overground Water Pipeline, Plus New, Stricter Water Use Restrictions Enacted by Greenwich Selectmen | Greenwich Free Press

Quote:
She said that due to the emergency created by the drought, water is being piped from Barge Reservoir, to Rockwood and then to Putnam reservoir which is where the treatment plant is located.

Savageau said normally water is piped among these reservoirs, but those pipes have a limited capacity. She said the emergency overground pipes, meant to augment the town’s water supply, are visible on a drive up Taconic Road to Farms Road.

“The overground pipes are a temporary measure to bring an increased amount of water,” Savageau said. “It is quite a distance to transfer the water.”

Savageau said the Greenwich reservoir system, which includes four reservoirs –Barge, Rockwood, Brush and Putnam – is at 29% capacity. Usually this time of year they are at 65% capacity.
The good news is that residents’ cooperation has made a difference.

“Two weeks ago we had just a 60 day water supply,” Savageau said. “Today we have a 90 day supply, and that is because of reduced demand. We are expanding the number of days we can survive if we keep demand low.”

“Before the mandatory watering ban we were pumping 14 million gallons a day. Now we’re pumping 5 million gallons a day because people are cooperating,” Savageau said. “Actions are making a difference. Keep it up!”

Old 10-22-2016, 10:06 AM

October 22, 2016.

Greenwich, CT.

48°, Rainy, Raw, Wind gusts up to 25mph.

Leaves flying everywhere and colorful in many areas now

Old 10-26-2016, 09:32 AM

Merritt Parkway in New Canaan.

So about 4 months of full Green? Sounds about right.

Early May 2016 on left. End of October on right

This morning. 2nd frost in a row. Lowest of season. 32.3°. Another chance to officially hit freezing tonight again.

Grass blades. Light frost

Old 11-01-2016, 06:10 AM

Colors & Frost.

Oct 31, 2016. Greenwich, CT. Temp 54F

Another Frosty morning here. Low of 32.5°F

Old 11-02-2016, 04:01 PM

Warm day today. Hit 68° IMBY and 70° scattered around in warmer pockets.

See them? Birds were eating the seeds from the Tall grass plant there. Lots of them chirping and singing today.

Squirrels continued to climb Oak trees and bury the acorns as they been for 4 weeks now. (aren't they tired? lol)

I started putting kindling sticks in the buckets for the winter. This is from a Maple I pruned 2 yrs ago. Told the guy to leave all the branches down for me.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:49 AM

Nov 3, 2016

Max temps in the 70s when the clouds broke as the front came through.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:32 AM

Couple pictures from New Canaan, CT yesterday

Old 11-06-2016, 04:50 AM

Wilton: Nov 4

Nov 5

Panorama from my roof. Nice to have a Variety of tree types. There's Norway Maples, Red Maple, Sugar Maple, Japanese Maple, Hickory, Tulip, Oak, Cherry, Spruce, Hemlock all in this image alone.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut