Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2016, 01:23 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,742,498 times

Advertisements

I took some pics in Glastonbury yesterday that I'll post when I get home.

Are we now 2 weeks behind last year Cambium? Sure seems like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 01:48 PM

83,502 posts, read 75,252,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post

Finally nice to see pictures from elsewhere in the state. Post away!

Yeah, I say we are at least a week behind last year for most areas. 2 weeks is a stretch.

It was one of the slowest bud to leaf out I can remember. That's what happens after a record warm winter, a very warm March, then BANG, Arctic blast and below normal April and 9 days of Clouds and cool in May.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:41 AM

I'm bumping it up to 15% now.

About only 15% of this area is fully leafed out now. Rest is blooming/budding/little leaves.

May 2015 so far:

Avg Max: 56°F
Avg Low: 45°F

May 10, 2016:

You can see the background, not fully leafed out. Will be a deep full green soon. Then they start the color changes in 4-5 months. lol

You'll notice straight ahead that will all be deep, lush green soon. Not yet. Those are all trees straight ahead.

Good view at the general scope of things. You got Pink(or white) blooms here and there, only a couple Maples fully leafed, the rest just mini leaves/blooming or budding.

Will be fun to compare to this in a couple weeks.

Someones backyard. Cool mini waterfall with a brook running below those steps.

Remember the Thornless Honey Locust Trees from 4-23-16? Finally.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:58 AM

503 posts, read 530,259 times
LOL, nice zoom in effect on the leaves! Great pics cambium.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:05 AM

Here it is... Timelapse Proof.

Image every 15 minutes shows 190 Straight hours of not seeing the Sun April 30th to May 8th, 2016

Practically had either Mist, Drizzle, Rain or fog everyday. Temps stayed in the 50s and became the coldest 1st week in May on record or one of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djum...ature=youtu.be

Old 05-11-2016, 12:50 PM

Photos from Beacon Falls today.

Comparison same day, same spot, different year.

Who would of thought we would be behind last year?! It was one of the slowest Bud to leaf out I can remember. We were ahead of normal, now later than normal and later than last year!

Warm winter, Warm March led to early budding. Arctic hard freeze put a hault on it then the cold, cloudy, rainy April 26 and beyond slow to bloom.

Comparison 2 weeks ago to today.

Another 2 week comparison Photo.... Skunk Cabbage is the undergrowth.

Forgot the exact spot but WHOA, this is a nice comparison showing the 2 week difference. And if it was sunny and warmer it would of been even further along.

Should be fun getting a Summer view here.

Sycamore tree not leafing yet. Now I know what tree produces those pods

Check it out. Close up of 2 of the trees. Gum Tree on the right. I would of never known without the close up. Nice to see them around.

Still not sure what the one on the left is with the cool bead type blooms

Back at my house... finally seeing birds use the house which has been vacant for 5yrs.

Old 05-11-2016, 02:41 PM

Was driving on Route 42 in Beacon Falls (Google Street View) and saw this. lol

"Ansonia Steel is an experienced metal fabricating company specializing in CNC precision sheet metal products as well custom welded fabrications and welding"

Old 05-12-2016, 08:20 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,903,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post

papafox - I was looking forward to seeing your photos of Glastonbury. Are you able to post them? Jay

Old 05-12-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
papafox - I was looking forward to seeing your photos of Glastonbury. Are you able to post them? Jay
Me too. I sent him a PM. Hopefully he can get around to doing it. Maybe even the ones from the air over CT. People would love to see that!

I got a few to post from this morning..

Old 05-12-2016, 10:05 AM

Took a little ride over the border. (lol) These are from Westchester County just outside the New Canaan border

May 12, 2016:

Are those called Year Round Winter Trees? lol

Crazy it looks like weeks behind here

Sun high in the sky so early. Warm morning. 65F(18C). Cool looking tree I had to get a close up, looks so bare still.

Not familiar with the trees in the area, would need to remember the colors in the Fall or see the mature leaves.

Got dark all of a sudden. Cool and nice scented Pine area. But .........

Don't get it. Storm? Disease? Loggers? WTF?

Nice little standing pond/wetland...I heard unknown noises from it. Frogs maybe? Do you see anything to the right?

How about now? Nasty breeding ground for mosquitoes. They were all over the place.

Back closer to New Canaan. JT Farm.

Giddy Up!

White Horsey

Never seen a Horse do this before. It must of been loving the warmer ground this morning and sunny days past 4 days now. lol

I love seeing little mom and pop stores in middle of a woodsy or countryside areas or far from commercial areas. Has a nice feel to it. One was a deli.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut