Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2016, 10:41 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times

Advertisements

And no matter how many times it happens I just cant get used to it.

Can you tell we're in a new more warm humid pattern? What happened to those nice NW dry below normal breaks?

Tomorrow

Mid Week.. See that High Pressure? it will be over us.. Guess where that's going by next weekend. Off shore... and that means warm and HUMID is back. Same High giving us a break (1-2 days) and then giving us humid

Old 07-17-2016, 12:07 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Can you tell we're in a new more warm humid pattern? What happened to those nice NW dry below normal breaks?

Tomorrow

Mid Week.. See that High Pressure? it will be over us.. Guess where that's going by next weekend. Off shore... and that means warm and HUMID is back. Same High giving us a break (1-2 days) and then giving us humid

I think thats what makes our weather special. At least we get breaks in summer. Its just another month or so..September around the corner. Enjoy a pool

Old 07-17-2016, 12:10 PM

6,130 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:

Tomorrow

Hope today was not supposed to be one of those "break" days...feels awful outside!

Old 07-17-2016, 12:18 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
It can be as hot as hades but PLEASE make it rain, Cam!

Old 07-17-2016, 12:21 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times
Sooo is it too early to predict winter yet? Hoping it will be just as mild or milder than last winter.

Love this heat!

Old 07-17-2016, 01:46 PM

I've been watching "LUCKY" areas get rain past couple weeks but more areas have not. They been scattered so only lucky ones are getting it. Was pouring today in Rhode Island. Yesterday central NJ got 1-3 inches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Hope today was not supposed to be one of those "break" days...feels awful outside!
That's the thing, the "breaks" are very warm now given the fact that its mid Summer AND the "breaks" aren't lasting long. New Pattern we started last week. Jet Stream not diving down far enough and air isn't as cool in Canada.

=======================

As of yesterday... locations that haven't had a heat wave yet...

Bridgeport.............. you know what... how about a map instead of a list..

Just look at the locations that have less than 3 obviously.

Remember, its not including today so like Hartford hit 91 today so that would make it 3 in a row. Not sure why they have Hartford in MA there.

1st Heat Wave of the year for Hartford.
No 90s yet in Binghamton??? Maybe today they hit?

Old 07-17-2016, 02:14 PM

And when I say "lucky"... I mean that literally. LOL

You practically have to be on the right street right now at 4:10pm in New Haven and Tolland to see rain.

RI and Eastern MA getting hit with summertime storms.

Want a CLOSE UP?! Go underneath that spot for rain.

Last edited by Cambium; 07-17-2016 at 02:24 PM..

Old 07-17-2016, 02:42 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:
I've been watching "LUCKY" areas get rain past couple weeks but more areas have not. They been scattered so only lucky ones are getting it. Was pouring today in Rhode Island. Yesterday central NJ got 1-3 inches!

That's the thing, the "breaks" are very warm now given the fact that its mid Summer AND the "breaks" aren't lasting long. New Pattern we started last week. Jet Stream not diving down far enough and air isn't as cool in Canada.

=======================

As of yesterday... locations that haven't had a heat wave yet...

Bridgeport.............. you know what... how about a map instead of a list..

Just look at the locations that have less than 3 obviously.

Remember, its not including today so like Hartford hit 91 today so that would make it 3 in a row. Not sure why they have Hartford in MA there.

1st Heat Wave of the year for Hartford.
No 90s yet in Binghamton??? Maybe today they hit?

It's not that unusual for Binghamton to not have any 90 degree days yet, especially when most of the Northeast has had 3 or less of them. Partially due to elevation, partially due to less of a "heat island effect" than the larger upstate NY and PA cities, it's often the coolest major weather station south of I-90 east of Ohio not counting a truly "coastal" place like Block Island that is cooler in the daytime due to its extreme maritime surroundings.

If you look at their records I think they only average something like 2-4 90 degree days/year and a lot of their summertime record highs (helped by a record only going back to 1951) are under 90 and most of the rest are below 95. They are one of the few places to never record a 100 degree temperature (all time record high is 98 on July 16, 1988).

Buffalo, due to having the lake directly to the west of it, has an almost similar daytime temperature profile in summer (though they have had a 90 degree day this year and more of their summertime record highs are over 90 than Binghamton, for example, unlike Binghamton all of July has record highs of 90 or above (helped by a record going back to the 1800s), I read they average about 4-5 90 degree days/year). I remember visiting my sister a few years ago on a day where we all went to the pool and it was 96 degrees and finding it weird to have the TV news weatherman say it was the fourth hottest temperature ever recorded when around a lot of this region the average highest temp of the year is probably about 96 or so (a lot of ties on that 96 for fourth though and it is also one of the few major cities in the US to never record 100....all time record is 99 on Aug 27, 1948.....ironically Miami and Honolulu are the only other major US cities I know of to never be 100 degrees......Seattle was but on July 29, 2009 they shattered that when they hit 103.....)

Last edited by 7 Wishes; 07-17-2016 at 02:53 PM..

Old 07-17-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
It's not that unusual for Binghamton to not have any 90 degree days yet, especially when most of the Northeast has had 3 or less of them. Partially due to elevation, partially due to less of a "heat island effect" than the larger upstate NY and PA cities, it's often the coolest major weather station south of I-90 east of Ohio not counting a truly "coastal" place like Block Island that is cooler in the daytime due to its extreme maritime surroundings.

If you look at their records I think they only average something like 2-4 90 degree days/year
Binghamton normal date of hitting 90 is July 7th so they are later than normal.

However... hang onto your seats ........... Check this out.

Binghamton hasn't hit 90° since August 3, 2012. That's 1,443 days ago, which is the 2nd longest streak of not hitting 90.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:37 PM

Speaking of Tornadoes from yhe other day...

Number of days since NWS office issued a Tornado warning.

NWS NY beats anyone East of the Rockies!

https://twitter.com/mark_tarello/sta...36414240399360
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut