Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 07:23 PM

4,461 posts, read 3,356,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Oh you mean near the Eagle's Aerie there? Nopes, never been there.
Not near there, not right immediate to the library. I could not find a place to park near the library which is why I had to park quite a distance away on Wall Street. You now what is ironic. That lot is PRIVATE and I could not park there and that is much safer than are area I am referring to. I felt very safe on Mott avenue but could never find a space there. If you are parking in a private protected lot that sent me away the moment I went in there you have no conception of the parking lot I was parking in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
As a SINGLE WOMAN who lives IN the Waypointe (and has since 2014, when it was all still construction) I have never felt unsafe-I too have the disposable income to spend in this new mall (I live in, alone, in the largest one bedroom apartment that the Waypointe offers.) I run all over Norwalk--literally, half marathon running training--and feel safe. I walk over to Banc House (which is past the library) and Peaches on Wall, in one direction, and walk down to SoNo in the other. .
That is not the area. It is on the OTHER SIDE of Wall Street. You see, there were virtually no businesses on that block for everyone on here to go to so that is why no one on here witnessed what I did. There was nothing for you to go to so how would you now what was going on back there. It is the EXACT spot where they are putting the new building.

Trust me, I am rooting for Norwalk and all the cities in CT but I know what I saw on that particular block that had virtually no businesses on it. The town of Norwalk said the same thing in the assessment I posted in a previous post. I am not saying anything that the powers that be in Norwalk didn't say in their own assessment of that area.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
As a SINGLE WOMAN who lives IN the Waypointe (and has since 2014, when it was all still construction) I have never felt unsafe-I too have the disposable income to spend in this new mall (I live in, alone, in the largest one bedroom apartment that the Waypointe offers.)
Be careful and diligent. I looked up about your apartment building and saw this by someone who lived there. And that was only in a quick 2 minute search.

"SAFETY: If you have an expensive car with fancy tires BE AWARE. There have been 3 opportunities where cars have been left hanging on cement blocks after stealing their tires. 3 TIMES. I haven't seen any major precautions taken about this issue."

They even put a picture of a car. Scroll down for picture.

The Waypointe - 19 Photos & 28 Reviews - Apartments - 515 West Ave - Norwalk, CT - Phone Number - Yelp

Old 07-07-2016, 08:14 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,183,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
Be careful and diligent. I looked up about your apartment building and saw this by someone who lived there. And that was only in a quick 2 minute search.

"SAFETY: If you have an expensive car with fancy tires BE AWARE. There have been 3 opportunities where cars have been left hanging on cement blocks after stealing their tires. 3 TIMES. I haven't seen any major precautions taken about this issue."

The Waypointe - 19 Photos & 28 Reviews - Apartments - 515 West Ave - Norwalk, CT - Phone Number - Yelp
5 repetitive posts, you sound like a scared little mouse.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:29 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,240,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post

This happened ages ago and the police and security took care of it. Additionally, it happened in a few other areas around town, not just the Waypointe.

And, if you are talking about empty-ish lots on Wall street, kind of set back behind things, yes, I've parked there. A few times a month, more so in the winter. I feel fine. That entire area is also on my running route, as I previously stated, so I am also on foot around that area--and those side roads off/on Wall--often. As early as 530am.

Like I said, I respect how you feel, but for me, it's personally a bit much. Be smart.

Still super excited for this.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:49 PM

14,057 posts, read 13,953,593 times
DiScala plans apartments near South Norwalk train - The Hour

Old 07-17-2016, 09:59 PM

Norwalk Development projects

Projects - Norwalk Redevelopment Agency

Old 07-27-2016, 08:16 PM

Norwalk Sports Authority could have new life - The Hour

Old 07-29-2016, 10:36 AM

Construction begin in August 2016

SoNo mall plans come to fruition | New Canaan-Darien CT | New Canaan-Darien Magazine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut