Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 07:44 AM

11,292 posts, read 18,872,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
NOAA is saying a high of 41 for Sunday (Hartford)! I am already making plans to chisel my driveway and make it a little more navigable. The ice build up is getting ridiculous.
And that's with rain which should soften it up a little more.....

Old 02-20-2015, 07:47 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,086,726 times
Quote:
I was thinking that as I walked outside this morning. Sure, it was cold out but it didn't feel unbearable, it just felt like normal winter cold, even though it was barely into the single digits. Imagine when it finally gets into the 40s and sunny. We'll be breaking out the flip flops and shorts!
Me too, I was walking out to my car this morning and it actually didn't bother me… lol.. Yes, still cold but I feel adjusted to it.

I also laugh at the FL people rubbing it in our face. Enjoy your gross weather for 6 months straight. Humidity, love bug season, you can practically drink the air. Haha. Enjoy while we're sitting around a nice campfire wearing a light hooded jacket on an August evening.

Now southern California people can rub their weather in our face all day long...

Old 02-20-2015, 07:50 AM

3,349 posts, read 4,165,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Native View Post
I'm not out to scream climate change/global warming/global cooling; it's straight-up reporting -- just sharing because we had a cold January, and you can see where it was colder than "normal." Will be fun to look at this month's map too. Scroll past if you don't care.
This seems to refuted by Jan/Feb averages for Dubai/Jerusalem. Both have been historically cold (not slightly above average), with Jerusalem receiving 9" of snow earlier today!

IN PICTURES: Snow falls in Golan, Jerusalem, and even in Negev desert - Israel News - Jerusalem Post

Old 02-20-2015, 07:58 AM
dkv

96 posts, read 156,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
We are fine here..don't you worry about us.
Second this.
I know I only post here to write the same thing; bring the cold!
I am still loving this. i skated with my 8 year-old before the bus came, then went back out with the 4 year-old for another 40 minutes this morning. They love it, don't notice the cold at all, just have fun.
I am thankful that we've had such a good winter for this.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:01 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkv View Post
Second this.
I am still loving this. i skated with my 8 year-old before the bus came, then went back out with the 4 year-old for another 40 minutes this morning. They love it, don't notice the cold at all, just have fun.
Right... plus we don't need Florida folks telling how horrible we have it. I love the seasons...if its still cold in mid March..i'll have a problem with that

Old 02-20-2015, 08:09 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,089,300 times
Quote:
As a former Florida resident, I assure you your smugness will subside after you experience a full year down there.

lol we moved here in April so I've lived through a summer, not bad, wife loves it.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:16 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwhitechin View Post
lol we moved here in April so I've lived through a summer, not bad, wife loves it.
lol you miss it here huh..

Old 02-20-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
This seems to refuted by Jan/Feb averages for Dubai/Jerusalem. Both have been historically cold (not slightly above average), with Jerusalem receiving 9" of snow earlier today!

IN PICTURES: Snow falls in Golan, Jerusalem, and even in Negev desert - Israel News - Jerusalem Post
Two parts of the world doesn't refute anything, the idea is that when you average the world as a whole it is constantly above the averages of a few decades ago, even last year and right now. The debate is why its happening and how much of it is caused by humans. The issue is more that we only have indirect ways of seeing what temperatures were like before the late 19th century, so we don't have a big amount of history to compare today to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkv View Post
Second this.
It may not seem it now, but good "half-winter".......December was relatively warm and the first half of January just "normal" if not slightly above.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:45 AM

3,349 posts, read 4,165,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Two parts of the world doesn't refute anything, the idea is that when you average the world as a whole it is constantly above the averages of a few decades ago, even last year and right now. The debate is why its happening and how much of it is caused by humans. The issue is more that we only have indirect ways of seeing what temperatures were like before the late 19th century, so we don't have a big amount of history to compare today to.

It may not seem it now, but good "half-winter".......December was relatively warm and the first half of January just "normal" if not slightly above.
I agree with you in theory, however the article and other sources cast doubt on representations in the chart around Middle East temperatures. Also interesting to note the chart captures higher atmosphere temperatures which as we know, are not necessarily reflective of the "weather". As for the comparisons to previous decades it appears fraud was involved--- recent data reflects one-way adjustments have been made, to show warming up to 1 degree C or more higher than was indicated by the data that was actually recorded. Similar fiddling on historic data downward amplify the warming scam.

The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever - Telegraph

Old 02-20-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
I agree with you in theory, however the article and other sources cast doubt on representations in the chart around Middle East temperatures. Also interesting to note the chart captures higher atmosphere temperatures which as we know, are not necessarily reflective of the "weather". As for the comparisons to previous decades it appears fraud was involved--- recent data reflects one-way adjustments have been made, to show warming up to 1 degree C or more higher than was indicated by the data that was actually recorded. Similar fiddling on historic data downward amplify the warming scam.

The fiddling with temperature data is the biggest science scandal ever - Telegraph
Its funny you say it because I also posted a link about the Middle East weather/snowstorm a few hours ago on here. I see what you mean in that the map show Jan 2015 way above normal in the Mideast. Also it has NYC on the border of Near Normal and Cooler than normal and they were actually 2.5 deg F below normal for January. This is why the theory is sound, but it's being greatly exaggerated which bothers me because that causes both extreme unneeded alarm and extreme skepticism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut