Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2014, 04:14 PM

83,529 posts, read 75,355,132 times

Advertisements

Yeah, we got some more rain tomorrow. My grass is getting greener and greener!

Another great video by Bernie again explains why and what's being shown and his thoughts on this snow Friday night/Saturday morning.

Potential for East Coast Snowstom - AccuWeather.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xWGfZUJKcM

Old 01-13-2014, 06:30 PM

3 years ago today this was the view of my walkway.

17" fell on the 12th.
5 days before that 5 inches fell.
A week before that 14" fell.
A week after this another 18" fell. And another little event.

I had 60 inches in 4 weeks.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:53 PM

11,302 posts, read 18,895,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yeah, we got some more rain tomorrow. My grass is getting greener and greener!

Another great video by Bernie again explains why and what's being shown and his thoughts on this snow Friday night/Saturday morning.

Potential for East Coast Snowstom - AccuWeather.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xWGfZUJKcM
I wonder if these guys are going to start naming snowstorms like the Weather Channel...

AccuWeather Announces the Launch of the AccuWeather Channel in Q3 2014

Old 01-14-2014, 06:17 AM

74 posts, read 87,606 times
Can anyone tell me how much snow is forecasted for the Hartford area this weekend? Live in PA, most likely moving up to Connecticut this spring/summer, was planning on driving up to CT this weekend to check out different communities surrounding the Hartford area. As of yesterday morning the WC forecast for that area was clear and sunny, this morning I see they are forecasting snow. Was going to just drive around on Saturday, but not sure how bad it will be. Grew up in Hudson Valley area , of NY, so no stranger to snow, just want to know what to expect. Will it be cold enough and heavy enough that the snow to stick to the roads, or do you think the roads will just be wet with some icy spots?
Thanks for your help!

Old 01-14-2014, 09:51 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,168,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guatmom2 View Post
Can anyone tell me how much snow is forecasted for the Hartford area this weekend? Live in PA, most likely moving up to Connecticut this spring/summer, was planning on driving up to CT this weekend to check out different communities surrounding the Hartford area. As of yesterday morning the WC forecast for that area was clear and sunny, this morning I see they are forecasting snow. Was going to just drive around on Saturday, but not sure how bad it will be. Grew up in Hudson Valley area , of NY, so no stranger to snow, just want to know what to expect. Will it be cold enough and heavy enough that the snow to stick to the roads, or do you think the roads will just be wet with some icy spots?
Thanks for your help!
Too early to really tell. Whatever it is it wont be a lot.

Old 01-14-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guatmom2 View Post
Thanks for your help!
At this point it's a 50/50 chance. We'll know better by tomorrow evening. GFS has nothing still. Euro has something which would make roads slick. Wouldn't be a day to "drive around" but it wont be a big storm. Just a typical snow event. We'll see.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:40 PM

1,395 posts, read 1,511,834 times
It's starting to look like a good pattern change for winter lovers. Cold returns with many clipper type storms through next week. Looks like there are chances of snow every few days into next week. Some long range models are showing some serious artic air coming back in 10-15 days out.

According to AccuWeather.com Senior Meteorologist Alex Sosnowski, "The polar vortex will act like a giant pinwheel or anchor for waves of cold air and clipper storms from the Upper Midwest to the Northeast during the second half of the month."

Winter's not dead. Big medium/long range signal for cold and snow starting next week. #FirstAlertCT

Old 01-14-2014, 03:48 PM

1,395 posts, read 1,511,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
At this point it's a 50/50 chance. We'll know better by tomorrow evening. GFS has nothing still. Euro has something which would make roads slick. Wouldn't be a day to "drive around" but it wont be a big storm. Just a typical snow event. We'll see.
You been quite quiet. You been following the models? The euro is showing some insane cold days 10-15. Looks like a decen pattern setting up for snow and cold.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:00 PM

679 posts, read 1,191,138 times
Here's more details regarding the next cold wave...

Piece of Polar Vortex to Bring Another Surge of Cold Air
By Brian Thompson, Meteorologist
January 14, 2014; 7:20 PM

Quote:
This blast of colder air will produce temperatures that are closer to 10 degrees lower than average. Many places along the I-95 corridor will still have highs near or above freezing at the peak of the chill this weekend.

"This next main arctic blast will not rival, nor will it be as extensive as the event last week," AccuWeather.com Lead Long-Range Forecaster Paul Pastelok said.

As this piece of the polar vortex starts to move away, temperatures will begin to rebound by Sunday across the Great Lakes. In the East, temperatures will start to bounce back on Monday.

However, additional waves of cold air will follow.

According to AccuWeather.com Senior Meteorologist Alex Sosnowski, "The polar vortex will act like a giant pinwheel or anchor for waves of cold air and clipper storms from the Upper Midwest to the Northeast during the second half of the month."
Looks like the same thing we've seen all winter-- a roller coaster of the temps. Only time will tell!

Old 01-14-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
You been quite quiet. .
The thaw is thawing me out. Pattern after 19th looks good but nothing extreme yet. Latest gfs says it stays below mid 30s for a week starting Sunday. Cold yes, fridgid No. Snow yes, Blizzards No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut