Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2014, 01:52 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,868,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
There Storm system in Northwest Part of the Country it make it here Sunday I think
Need 2 take up calection 4 nu fone 4 u...........

Old 02-18-2014, 01:52 PM

302 posts, read 296,036 times
We should hopefully get some decent meltage before the end of the weekend. Maybe upwards of half of what's on the ground (I hope)? I'm kind of curious if my lawn still exists at this point, I have not seen it in a month. Ha!

Old 02-18-2014, 01:54 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,868,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecostimpy View Post
We should hopefully get some decent meltage before the end of the weekend. Maybe upwards of half of what's on the ground (I hope)? I'm kind of curious if my lawn still exists at this point, I have not seen it in a month. Ha!
It's there. It will be laughing back at you in a couple short months.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:03 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,946,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecostimpy View Post

It could be some flooding concern there snow blanks 3-4 feet from pervious storms pile up everywhere

Old 02-18-2014, 02:13 PM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
With Sunday snow it will reach it
I gotta give you credit...you were predicting today's event would be significant. We ended up with almost 6" here. Makes up for the other busts

Old 02-18-2014, 02:30 PM

679 posts, read 1,191,138 times
Although today's snow busted in FFC hard -- schools could have done with a regular school day or delayed opening. Most schools are closed today while the roads are fine. I think only a few were even open to begin with because of vacation, so w/e.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:38 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,946,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeworm View Post
Although today's snow busted in FFC hard -- schools could have done with a regular school day or delayed opening. Most schools are closed today while the roads are fine. I think only a few were even open to begin with because of vacation, so w/e.

It is because Towns are running very low on salt There was alot of accidents this morning

Old 02-18-2014, 02:40 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,786,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeworm View Post
Gonna have to call BS on that..

I was on the road in both Norwalk and Stamford at 8 -830 and then again at 10. Maybe if they had a delayed opening at 1130 it would have been fine, but at the two hour mark (10am) side roads in norwalk were a disaster, with little to no plowing and ZERO salt used. Stamford was a little better but not much.. It was very clear that towns are not using salt on the roads to save $? or supplies? Even in a truck there were some roads that were slight challenges.

Regular school day? Absolutely out of the question.. Were you on the roads ? It was slicker than the 6+ event last week.. by far.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:54 PM

11,299 posts, read 18,895,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMagliola View Post
Gonna have to call BS on that..

I was on the road in both Norwalk and Stamford at 8 -830 and then again at 10. Maybe if they had a delayed opening at 1130 it would have been fine, but at the two hour mark (10am) side roads in norwalk were a disaster, with little to no plowing and ZERO salt used. Stamford was a little better but not much.. It was very clear that towns are not using salt on the roads to save $? or supplies? Even in a truck there were some roads that were slight challenges.

Regular school day? Absolutely out of the question.. Were you on the roads ? It was slicker than the 6+ event last week.. by far.
Due to "February break" (sometimes called "mid winter recess"), Stamford is closed anyway until the 25th (Monday the 24th students are off but teachers have a professional development day). Norwalk, Danbury, and Bridgeport were closed for the break today and open tomorrow, I don't know about the other districts (Greenwich was supposed to go back today because they did most of their break last week (planned, not due to snow) for some reason but they closed due to weather today).

With talk of freezing rain (and possibly snow mixed in tomorrow morning) it will be interesting to see what districts that are supposed to be open do, especially Danbury and places "up north". Danbury tends to be very quick to delay or close due to a lot of hills and backroads combined with a lot of busing.

Last edited by 7 Wishes; 02-18-2014 at 03:03 PM..

Old 02-18-2014, 02:55 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,786,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Due to "February break" (sometimes called "mid winter recess"), Stamford is closed anyway until the 25th (Monday the 24th students are off but teachers have a professional development day). Norwalk, Danbury, and Bridgeport were closed for the break today and open tomorrow, I don't know about the other districts (I think Greenwich was open because they for some reason had most of their break last week, but I'm not sure if they delayed, etc. today).

With talk of freezing rain (and possibly snow mixed in tomorrow morning) it will be interesting to see what districts that are supposed to be open do, especially Danbury and places "up north". Danbury tends to be very quick to delay or close due to a lot of hills and backroads combined with a lot of busing.
Greenwich was scheduled to have class but closed, same with new Canaan.

here's the list that closed for today.

http://www.ctweather.com/IANcancellations2.php?id=1

Again, they closed for good reason. If you didn't go take a drive at 7-9am then you really don't know what the conditions were. I assure you they were very poor. Putting highschool kids, mom and dads, teachers AND bus drivers on the road who have no idea how to drive on ice is why they closed and it was the right call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut