Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 06:08 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,423,184 times

Advertisements

Looks like last night brought a whole lot of nothing to my area. Roads were bone dry this morning. Did a drop of precipitation even fall? I full expected to wake up to a dusting on the driveway.

I was hoping Wednesday would turn out a decent sized storm, so that's disappointing. We are knocking on the doorstep of March, so I am looking for one more good wallop of snow before letting Spring work its way in.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:51 AM

4,716 posts, read 5,961,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
Looks like last night brought a whole lot of nothing to my area. Roads were bone dry this morning. Did a drop of precipitation even fall? I full expected to wake up to a dusting on the driveway.

I was hoping Wednesday would turn out a decent sized storm, so that's disappointing. We are knocking on the doorstep of March, so I am looking for one more good wallop of snow before letting Spring work its way in.
well, we're getting a return of the cold again this week, but I'm not so sure about snow.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:14 AM

11,299 posts, read 18,892,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJeffCT View Post
well, we're getting a return of the cold again this week, but I'm not so sure about snow.
We may get a little snow Wednesday still, but the two big chances (but still very much chances) are Friday into Saturday and next Monday into Tuesday.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:54 AM

83,527 posts, read 75,333,969 times
1 minute I'm ready for Spring just thinking about my Vegetable Garden and tilling soil.
Next minute I am so not ready!

General NorthWest Winds out there gusting to 30mph at times you can feel the sharp Canadian air.

Maybe some Flurries/Snow Showers later.

Lake Effect in gear again. Speaking of Lakes, record amount of Ice this late in season my suggest a cool Spring if the flow is from that direction

This airmass is so dry so keep in mind for any precip next couple days. Maybe we can squeeze some moisture out of atmosphere Wednesday with 1-3" of snow..
Attached Thumbnails
Weather in Connecticut-map117.jpg  

Old 02-24-2014, 09:01 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,491,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
We may get a little snow Wednesday still, but the two big chances (but still very much chances) are Friday into Saturday and next Monday into Tuesday.
What's the likelihood of a bad storm Friday into Saturday? GF is flying to SC Saturday Morning and I have a class all day.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:41 AM

11,299 posts, read 18,892,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
What's the likelihood of a bad storm Friday into Saturday? GF is flying to SC Saturday Morning and I have a class all day.
Looks like both Tues-Wed and Fri-Sat are starting to look like 1-2" 'nuisance' events now, if that:

Nuisance Snow for Northeast Through Midweek

I originally heard the Fri-Sat one still had 'potential'. Now it looks like barring a change in the models the only "big" one in the next 2 weeks * MAY * be March 3-4.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
Hmm, I'm not seeing anything for Friday-Saturday. Just maybe light stuff Saturday-Sunday. I'm more focused on 3rd-4th and Kidyankee might hate this post.

New GFS12z out continues with that storm and is colder and snowier for the 4th. I actually really like this one.. First lets consider the fact that the GFS was right about the non Wednesday event. 2nd the fact that its been so consistent showing this storm (like the non event)

Just ignore the snow totals there. Too far out to even look. I just added it to have on file.

Attached Thumbnails
Weather in Connecticut-gfs.jpg  

Old 02-24-2014, 10:27 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,491,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Looks like both Tues-Wed and Fri-Sat are starting to look like 1-2" 'nuisance' events now, if that:

Nuisance Snow for Northeast Through Midweek

I originally heard the Fri-Sat one still had 'potential'. Now it looks like barring a change in the models the only "big" one in the next 2 weeks * MAY * be March 3-4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Hmm, I'm not seeing anything for Friday-Saturday. Just maybe light stuff Saturday-Sunday. I'm more focused on 3rd-4th and Kidyankee might hate this post.

New GFS12z out continues with that storm and is colder and snowier for the 4th. I actually really like this one.. First lets consider the fact that the GFS was right about the non Wednesday event. 2nd the fact that its been so consistent showing this storm (like the non event)

Just ignore the snow totals there. Too far out to even look. I just added it to have on file.
Thank you. Sounds like no issues on either end. ::fingers crossed::

Keep up the good work. I tend to get all my weather updates from CD.

Old 02-24-2014, 01:47 PM

Don't be surprised if you see some Lake Effect snow squalls. Strong enough push to get them here. Just a matter of if there's enough cloud moisture left in them in their journey down.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:52 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yeah, not what I wanted to hear. Let me know when I should start changing my travel plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut