Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2017, 12:56 PM

14,054 posts, read 13,934,018 times

Advertisements

Connecticut could have no budget till end of year or Possible into early 2018, Unions want tax increase on wealthy, Other side want spending cuts It mess in state right now.

Malloy Says Budget Could Be Delayed Until Fall - Hartford Courant

Old 07-26-2017, 01:20 PM

845 posts, read 680,304 times
Tax increases on the wealthy. Yeah, sure. No doubt my "wealthy" salary of 45k will see an increased hit.

Everyone should resign themselves to the fact that income, sales, or property taxes are going to spike. Or all three if we are lucky.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads94 View Post
Tax increases on the wealthy. Yeah, sure. No doubt my "wealthy" salary of 45k will see an increased hit.

Everyone should resign themselves to the fact that income, sales, or property taxes are going to spike. Or all three if we are lucky.
Why state can't cut spending the solution to our problems is raise taxes. We have spending problem and not so good business climate

Old 07-26-2017, 07:23 PM

752 posts, read 553,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Why state can't cut spending the solution to our problems is raise taxes. We have spending problem and not so good business climate
What would you like to cut first? If you're going to say "cut", you should have an idea of what to actually cut...

Old 07-26-2017, 08:52 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,312,539 times
Quote:
The reason why we're in a fiscal mess is because our pension system for the public sector has been a disaster since the start and the current system isn't sustainable. It's been abused tbh, but it's there for a reason. An over 6 figure pension with free healthcare and other benefits all across the board is what thousands and thousands of state employees are guaranteed. We can't suddenly "seize" their pension since everything was agreed beforehand. Now that we're getting our unfunded pension system in order, it unfortunately had to come during a time where the trends that made Connecticut flourish turn upside down. CT is losing milenials at a rate where businesses have decided to move to places where businesses wouldn't even think of moving into back in the 70's and 80's. The age of CT corporate poaching has now turn its back and now we're the ones being poached and there's not a **** thing we can do about it.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:39 AM

1,985 posts, read 1,456,026 times
I was considering starting a new thread but might drop this in here. After a conversation with a realtive about home values in the Hartford area, I started looking into home values. Th relative had noted that Windsor was doing very well. Here are some numbers I found for Year over Year increase in value based on home sales.

Manchester 3% about twice inflation not bad
Windsor 5.6% my relative was correct very good market for sellers there.
West Hartford 1.2% I'm guessing this would be why people are upset with Hartford area home values on here
Glastonbury CT 4.3% That's damn good.
Farmington 3.1 %
Windsor Locks 2.7%
Simsbury 7.1% This seems really good.
South Windsor CT 3.6%
Ellington CT -1.1% that's not good.

Based on what I'm seeing looking at sold homes driving this seem to be in the lower end of each towns market. Simsbury is more mixed but lots of sales under 300k there too. Lots of people buying starter homes it seems.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East of the River View Post
I was considering starting a new thread but might drop this in here. After a conversation with a realtive about home values in the Hartford area, I started looking into home values. Th relative had noted that Windsor was doing very well. Here are some numbers I found for Year over Year increase in value based on home sales.

Manchester 3% about twice inflation not bad
Windsor 5.6% my relative was correct very good market for sellers there.
West Hartford 1.2% I'm guessing this would be why people are upset with Hartford area home values on here
Glastonbury CT 4.3% That's damn good.
Farmington 3.1 %
Windsor Locks 2.7%
Simsbury 7.1% This seems really good.
South Windsor CT 3.6%
Ellington CT -1.1% that's not good.

Based on what I'm seeing looking at sold homes driving this seem to be in the lower end of each towns market. Simsbury is more mixed but lots of sales under 300k there too. Lots of people buying starter homes it seems.

My sons realtor says Windsor is doing extremely well and a lot of people have been buying there especially Hartford residents. South Windsor is attracting a lot of Manchester transplants too I heard. Windsor Locks surprised me. If Windsor Locks is performing well then I wonder how Suffield and Granby are doing since they're overall more attractive for families.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:33 PM

Connecticut want your heating bill this fall to be bit more expensive

State proposes a “conservation fee” on home heating oil | WTNH Connecticut News

Old 07-27-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Connecticut want your heating bill this fall to be bit more expensive

State proposes a “conservation fee” on home heating oil | WTNH Connecticut News
They still don't get it...

Old 07-27-2017, 03:03 PM

34,930 posts, read 56,935,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
They still don't get it...
You make it sound like it is the entire legislature proposing this. It is likely one or two that are proposing the fee but I doubt others in the legislature will go along. I agree though, this has to stop. It just looks bad for the state. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut