Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 05:03 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Why aren't you blaming the greedy corporations for playing one state against the other??? They are equally to blame. Jay

Blame them for what? They are selling an asset, jobs. This is no different than if you were to sell your house or your car, which are your assets.

Anything someone else values is an asset you own.

Old 09-21-2016, 05:37 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,017,214 times
Some of these posts are hilarious!

Yes lets blame companies who leave to so they don't go insolvent! Lets also blame residents who leave because they can't afford the high taxes or who leave because there are more jobs being created in other states.

We're told over and over again by these Democratic masterminds that there is no other way that we have to spend all this money and rack up all this debt.

We don't have to we have a choice. We can choose to cut taxes and cut spending.

Seriously we are dealing with a brain dead electorate

Old 09-21-2016, 07:14 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
Some of these posts are hilarious!

Yes lets blame companies who leave to so they don't go insolvent! Lets also blame residents who leave because they can't afford the high taxes or who leave because there are more jobs being created in other states.

We're told over and over again by these Democratic masterminds that there is no other way that we have to spend all this money and rack up all this debt.

We don't have to we have a choice. We can choose to cut taxes and cut spending.

Seriously we are dealing with a brain dead electorate

a gullible electorate who can't understand government, like business, can be run efficiently

Old 09-21-2016, 07:22 PM

4,317 posts, read 4,205,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post

There is something called the "Creative Class". Where ever the creative class is the entire area will flourish. There are a lot of elements to the creative class. It does not have one element.

My grandfather was born in southern Italy in 1900. He was an artist, clothes designer and photographer. He came to the NYC area (all alone without family) in the 1920's so he could reach his full potential. He started out in Bridgeport and then moved to Stamford so he could be closer to NYC. Creative individuals all over the world look at NYC as a cultural beacon and want to come to the NYC area. 100 years after my grandfather came to the NYC area it is no different.

Look at this map to see where the creative class is. NY to Bridgeport has every element on this map.

Creative Class » Blog Archive » Density Hubs Across the USA - Creative Class

And that is why CT is unique and special. It is because a large portion of CT has close proximity to the greatest creative class in the world and is part of that creative class.

Whoa!! Creative Class! You mean "white collar?" Knowledge workers? CT has plenty of them? Well, duh!

If I call the football a "symmetrically-conical entertainment instrument" do I get to be member of the "Creative Class?"

p.s. I think you are using "creative class" term differently from the creator of the term.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:09 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,348,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Whoa!! Creative Class! You mean "white collar?" Knowledge workers?
No

One of the main things the creative class does is create Intellectual Property. Look at the map again. One of the elements you will see is patent density. One of my siblings is still getting money from intellectual property that was created years ago. There are many people like my sibling in Fairfield County that are making a living from things they created now and years ago. Create once....but get paid years in
the future.

http://www.creativeclass.com/_v3/cre...10_Density.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_property

Old 09-22-2016, 04:47 AM

504 posts, read 384,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Why aren't you blaming the greedy corporations for playing one state against the other??? They are equally to blame. Jay
Blame for what???? States created this environment for business to react this way. Hell if I owned a business I would take advantage of this as well. Malloy is a classic case of where the government gets to pick the winners and the losers. GE being that loser, and UTC being the winner.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:40 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,949 times
I think people are uneasy with the thought of giving money/breaks to people or companies who are already doing well. Like when celebrities get free goods/swag/services, etc. But companies are falling all over themselves to gift products to celebrities because it eventually benefits them. The state is doing the same here.. it's not like flushing money down the drain exactly. It's not going to be a great state to live in either if your taxes are low but you can't find any work.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:12 PM

752 posts, read 553,517 times
Public Companies See Gold in California - NYTimes.com

Most taxed, most regulated state in the country. We're playing the wrong game.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:30 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I think people are uneasy with the thought of giving money/breaks to people or companies who are already doing well. Like when celebrities get free goods/swag/services, etc. But companies are falling all over themselves to gift products to celebrities because it eventually benefits them. The state is doing the same here.. it's not like flushing money down the drain exactly. It's not going to be a great state to live in either if your taxes are low but you can't find any work.
Kansas.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:11 PM

4,317 posts, read 4,205,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Kansas.
"Repeat a lie many times over, and it eventually becomes the truth." We've busted the "Kansas" myth on this thread. So find another example to compare CT to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut