Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2014, 05:28 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times

Advertisements

HeadedWest, The median wage in the study showing 2,200 state jobs was mid-teens/hour. I know execs at one of the big firms, and one has always utilized automation to reduce the quantity of high-paying, blue collar jobs.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:04 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,871,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist&musician View Post
I saw this yesterday in the CT Post.

The "ALICE" Report – Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed in Connecticut.

http://alice.ctunitedway.org/files/2...-Report_CT.pdf

I am not sure if I am allowed to put this PDF link on here.
I saw that story also. And the cold heartless bastard that i am has zero empathy for the 2 "adults". The husband is the only the breadwinner and only earns $40K. They have a 15 year-old with special needs and a "normal" 13 year-old.

Oh, but wait a minute.......................

They also have a 3 year-old.

WTH were they thinking????????

Old 11-17-2014, 06:06 PM

21,630 posts, read 31,231,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I saw that story also. And the cold heartless bastard that i am has zero empathy for the 2 "adults". The husband is the only the breadwinner and only earns $40K. They have a 15 year-old with special needs and a "normal" 13 year-old.

Oh, but wait a minute.......................

They also have a 3 year-old.

WTH were they thinking????????
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Stratford, CT Resident again."

Old 11-17-2014, 10:06 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,423,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
No, their job is to solve the problems of the country. If that means putting their egos aside and compromising rather than doing nothing, so be it. Of course they won't do that. Jay
If the constituents those congressmen represent would not see such legislation as a "solution" then they ARE, in fact, doing their job. Sorry to break it to you.

Making a problem "slightly worse" instead of "much worse" is not a solution by most peoples standards. The cumulative salary of the entire congress sitting on their arse for the next decade is still peanuts compared to the spending they're "blocking".

Old 11-17-2014, 10:30 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,423,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I honestly don't care.

Twenty six year olds were shot to pieces by a lunatic with access to guns designed to kill many people quickly. Although imperfect, legislation to try to prevent this type of thing is an appropriate response.

I don't care if the whole gun industry moves to Arizona.
That omnipotent government you rely so heavily on to protect you just misplaced ,what, 420 MILLION dollars worth of weapons the other day in afghaniatan?

The reality is, a bunch of fully automatic M16s--actual assault weapons (not the media kind)--will be making their way into Mexico and subsequently the US along the opium drug distribution pipelines in the near future. One or many of those illegal military grade assault weapons will be used to kill some police down at the border or some scum bag gang kids in a city and then you and people like you will push for more gun control on the CITIZENS of this country, despite the fact that the guns were stolen from your government, imported here by our enemies and smuggled by illegal...errr I mean "undocumented" drug mules.

Let's also not forget about the "weapon systems " that were stolen as well (whatever that means ) which will be used by more organized and wealthy criminals and/or terrorists to kill yet even more people. Hundreds of people will die because of a cluster fkuc government that can't even manage lethal inventory in an enemy nation yet you decide that because a sociopath shoots up a "gun free zone" every 5 years killing a RECORD of 20 something people that we should give that same government the power to revoke the contitutional rights of an entire nation of people? Makes sense. Maybe CT should ban them...oh wait... They did and fewer than 15% of people complied. And that's 15% of your average Joe's. How many gang bangers and sociopaths complied if the soccer moms didnt? Not sure about you, but those gun free zone signs make me feel so warm and fuzzy inside.

Last edited by Sigequinox; 11-17-2014 at 10:48 PM..

Old 11-18-2014, 06:28 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
That omnipotent government you rely so heavily on to protect you just misplaced ,what, 420 MILLION dollars worth of weapons the other day in afghaniatan?
Lol. I'm not walking around scared and armed too the teeth. I live in Connecticut. It's a safe place. I'm not relying on the government to protect me. I'm smart enough to realize there is little danger.

And, in the spirit of good fun... I have to ask. Where is afghanitatan?

Quote:
The reality is, a bunch of fully automatic M16s--actual assault weapons (not the media kind)--will be making their way into Mexico and subsequently the US along the opium drug distribution pipelines in the near future.
On your advice, I'll stay out of the illegal drug trade.

Quote:
oh wait... They did and fewer than 15% of people complied. And that's 15% of your average Joe's.
So much for that myth of the oh-so-responsible gun owner then, right? Maybe it proves that 85% of gun owners who own weapons that are only designed to kill a massive amount of people in a short time are anti-social? This didn't effect the average Joe gun owner. The average-joe doesn't feel the need to own a weapon that can kill 30 people a minute.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:36 AM

131 posts, read 139,438 times
Mlassoff, you can't even get the facts straight.

Up to 85% of CT gun owners haven’t complied with ‘assault weapons’ registration

Up to 85% of CT gun owners haven

.....seems "amnesty" certainly didn't sell too well either...

Connecticut Gun Owners Fail to Register; Officials Push ?Amnesty?

Old 11-18-2014, 06:41 AM

131 posts, read 139,438 times
BPt111, thanks for that link. From the link...

"The 2015 budget’s $99.5 million deficit is less than 1 percent of the general fund,"

So he's huffing and puffing about cutting less than one percent of the budget? Too funny.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:53 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickledpainter View Post
Mlassoff, you can't even get the facts straight.

Up to 85% of CT gun owners haven’t complied with ‘assault weapons’ registration

Up to 85% of CT gun owners haven

.....seems "amnesty" certainly didn't sell too well either...

Connecticut Gun Owners Fail to Register; Officials Push ?Amnesty?
My facts are fine. My reading comprehension is strong. Thanks.

What % of Connecticut gun owners have weapons that require registration? Maybe only anti-social, anti-government types own what have been termed as assault weapons?

I don't think the average gun owner wants these weapons and certainly no one needs them.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:56 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Please return to the topic of the OP which is the economy of Connecticut. JayCT, Moderator
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut