Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2021, 08:09 AM

4,454 posts, read 3,349,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Strartford based Sikoeshy Helicopter Reported they hired 1,000 employees in 2020. Wow,I knew they had been hiring but no where near that many. Great news. Jay

https://www.courant.com/business/hc-...4my-story.html
"Guns or Butter"
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...uns-butter.asp

Makes sense. When the Republicans are in the always go for the "guns".

Old 03-12-2021, 09:29 AM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
New Subway CEO John Chidsey apparently is moving some jobs from the company’s Milford headquarters to Miami. No word on how many jobs. Jay

https://www.ctpost.com/business/arti...o-16020486.php

Old 03-12-2021, 09:37 AM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
New Subway CEO John Chidsey apparently is moving some jobs from the company’s Milford headquarters to Miami. No word on how many jobs. Jay

https://www.ctpost.com/business/arti...o-16020486.php
I’m honestly surprised Subway is still doing so well. Weren’t they running into major issues several years back, closing a ton of stores? I could be wrong.

Edit to add: here you have the doom and gloom for CT from the NY post, with zero evidence and pure speculation:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....nnecticut/amp/

Last edited by kidyankee764; 03-12-2021 at 10:03 AM..

Old 03-12-2021, 10:26 AM

252 posts, read 139,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I’m honestly surprised Subway is still doing so well. Weren’t they running into major issues several years back, closing a ton of stores? I could be wrong.

Edit to add: here you have the doom and gloom for CT from the NY post, with zero evidence and pure speculation:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....nnecticut/amp/
Where is the speculation? Seems that it is just reporting that jobs are moving to Miami.

Old 03-12-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbymeman View Post
Where is the speculation? Seems that it is just reporting that jobs are moving to Miami.
“But the change is expected to lead to a further diminishment of the company’s presence in Milford, where it’s been located for so long that the town named the road leading up to its massive campus “Sub Way.”

What evidence do they have that there will be further diminishing after this? None that they have shown.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:43 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,186,024 times
Quote:
“But the change is expected to lead to a further diminishment of the company’s presence in Milford, where it’s been located for so long that the town named the road leading up to its massive campus “Sub Way.”

What evidence do they have that there will be further diminishing after this? None that they have shown.
Subway seems to be keeping major operations like Franchisee Management, Technology, and Procurement in CT though.

Corporate tried a gambit with a trimmed down franchise concept, store redesign palette, and supposedly re-working menus and both seem to have had a crazily slow rollout (almost 5 years in the works). Looks like they are going to try to boost with the move with fresh talent, but these moves rarely play out well honestly.

Old 03-12-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Subway seems to be keeping major operations like Franchisee Management, Technology, and Procurement in CT though.

Corporate tried a gambit with a trimmed down franchise concept, store redesign palette, and supposedly re-working menus and both seem to have had a crazily slow rollout (almost 5 years in the works). Looks like they are going to try to boost with the move with fresh talent, but these moves rarely play out well honestly.
I don’t think it has much to do with fresh talent - the CEO just seems to want certain operations to be near where he lives [in Coral Gables], likely for oversight purposes and access to resources that will likely save them money.

Also, I’ll disagree that corporate relocations rarely play out well. If that were the case, companies would never move around. They do, and often. . https://smallbusiness.chron.com/relo...its-36265.html

I just don’t see Subway pulling up their CT roots, contrary to what the article essentially hypothesizes.

Old 03-12-2021, 01:08 PM

929 posts, read 304,244 times
Quote:
I don’t think it has much to do with fresh talent - the CEO just seems to want certain operations to be near where he lives [in Coral Gables], likely for oversight purposes and access to resources that will likely save them money.

Also, I’ll disagree that corporate relocations rarely play out well. If that were the case, companies would never move around. They do, and often. . https://smallbusiness.chron.com/relo...its-36265.html

I just don’t see Subway pulling up their CT roots, contrary to what the article essentially hypothesizes.
I do, and I have been watching their decline for quite some time. Their franchise model is antique and the competition is getting stronger. Jersey Mike’s is building new up to date stores right in their backyard.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:42 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:

Departments moving = diminished presence, and this is a continuing trend at Subway, which is already down several hundred corp jobs in the last 2 years in Milford.

This is bad news. I would assume it is being made to make them a more attractive corp to be bought.

Old 03-12-2021, 02:44 PM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:

Not saying they will, but moving will not floor me. Ask yourself if they would be here as an hq, w/o Deluca growing up here. Talent is everywhere, plus whomever they wish to relo will, no doubt, accept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut