Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 08:00 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Right on Mr. GE.

Once again the ACC is out. I'd love to see SC in the NC but they have such a tough road, LSU and Florida on the road the next 2 weeks. The Big 12 is funny, everyone picks OU or Texas and last year it was OKST and this year WV and K-State. B1G has little chance, even though Ohio St. looks decent. And who'da thunk ND?
I can't believe I am saying this... But I like them being good again. So I'm rooting for them. Maybe Im drinking the kool-aid. I think they are poised to be there in the end if Oregon or the Big12 teams lose. I'm not saying the are better or more deserving... I could just seeing it play out that way.

Plus I'm digging those special Uni's...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 08:37 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Relax...

I wasnt specifically knocking the opponents of ND or Oregon... Yes they both have formidable opponents left, Im not saying they do not. All I meant is they don't HAVE to play one of the other 7 undefeated Natty contending teams I mentioned before the actual Natty game... The teams in the SEC and Big 12 do.

And if you think UF has the toughest road, they would count as an SEC team so you are arguing for my statement. And how can you argue ND still has to play OK when so does WV and K-State already beat them.
OK wasn't the only team I mentioned though. I also mentioned Stanford and USC. ND's strength of schedule doesn't rest on just playing Oklahoma.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
You really think K-State, and WVU all have significantly tougher paths than ND or Oregon?
Yes.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
OK wasn't the only team I mentioned though. I also mentioned Stanford and USC. ND's strength of schedule doesn't rest on just playing Oklahoma.
The crux of the matter is ND doesnt play an undefeated Natty contender... So bringing up their schedule is a moot point.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:51 PM

922 posts, read 1,697,284 times
No Big Ten teams made the coaches poll.

First time that's ever happened.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtX4415 View Post
No Big Ten teams made the coaches poll.

First time that's ever happened.
On the flip-side... Half of the SEC conference is ranked. With 10 teams having a legitimate shot to make a bowl game.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,799,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Time to take the foot out of the FSU bandwagon.

I understand that there was hope this year was going to be an exception to them sucking, along with the rest of the ACC, but atlas not this year.

Pity.

There is always next year.

Also congrats to the wolfpack.

Perhaps now all the FSU boosters will shut up.
FSU blew their chance to really show people they are back being that top level team. Another loss to NC state, I think this was their 45th or 5th time losing to them in the last 7 or so years. They will still win the ACC, but their National Title hopes are pretty much gone.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
FSU blew their chance to really show people they are back being that top level team. Another loss to NC state, I think this was their 45th or 5th time losing to them in the last 7 or so years. They will still win the ACC, but their National Title hopes are pretty much gone.
Winning the ACC in football is hardly a big accomplishment.

I do like how all the ACC boosters disappeared after hyping up FSU and talking trash to the SEC, big 12, PAC, and big 10.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:28 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Winning the ACC in football is hardly a big accomplishment.

I do like how all the ACC boosters disappeared after hyping up FSU and talking trash to the SEC, big 12, PAC, and big 10.
Ill day this for FSU. They at least have a shot at being back one day unlike Miami.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Ill day this for FSU. They at least have a shot at being back one day unlike Miami.
They have potential. The problem is their conference is dragging them down and they can't get out.

I also dont dislike FSU. It was really just one obnoxious poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football