Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 09:11 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Big 12 turned down FSU because they didnt bring in enough revenue. It is for the best though. FSU would get murdered in the Big 12 and would be one of the worst teams. Why suck in football heaven when you can reign in football hell?

ACC doesnt play good defense, and has no offense. You might be able to beat other ACC teams, but your conference cant even win against the Big East, much less the Big 12. I could understand you criticizing the Big 12 if you supported the SEC, but seriously the ACC? You are the 6 or 7th best football conference.

Anyway, sorry your team and your conference sucks again. Go about it.
Murdered... but we have beat their current top team 2 years ago (still had Mr Heisman Frontrunner Geno Smith).
Your website loves to show how much they CAN'T beat FSU.
Series vs. Florida State Seminoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorNation
They could one other out of conference team and then play UF and have a good enough schedule. The problem is they have been average for over a decade now vs terrible competition. When NC State owns you....
Sure we lose to some pretty bad teams but we also play up in big games. See our bowls. I hope you guys walk into Doak undefeated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 05:00 AM

5,500 posts, read 10,518,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Murdered... but we have beat their current top team 2 years ago (still had Mr Heisman Frontrunner Geno Smith).

Sure we lose to some pretty bad teams but we also play up in big games. See our bowls. I hope you guys walk into Doak undefeated.
Bowl games? The Emerald Nut Bowl?

Beating good teams doesn't matter I you lose to terrible ones.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:51 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,773 times
Quote:

Years ago when they were young before the new couch we had an interim couch. At the time neither team was good, but now WVU is good. FSU sucked then and it sucks now, along with the ACC.

Look you can cling to the past, and you were better. Ill stick with being good now, and in the future. The butthurt is strong with you.

FSU cant even beat bad ACC teams. That is why Big 12 rejected you.

Last edited by cry_havoc; 10-09-2012 at 06:21 AM..

Old 10-09-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Bowl games? The Emerald Nut Bowl?

FSU doesnt beat good teams. They only lose to bad ones.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Years ago when they were young before the new couch we had an interim couch. At the time neither team was good, but now WVU is good. FSU sucked then and it sucks now, along with the ACC.
Yeah being a top 25 team is"the suck", which you were when little unranked FSU came and killed them in their matchup (again Jan 1, 2010).

Quote:
Look you can cling to the past, and you were better. Ill stick with being good now, and in the future. The butthurt is strong with you.
Good would imply you could actually stop someone's offense.

Some numbers... Smith has 1996 passing yards. West Virginia's defense has given up 1680 passing yards. They are on borrowed time.

If the ACC and FSU was so bad, why did West Virginia shave us off their schedule for this year and next... that's right because History Repeats Itself.

Quote:
I wouldn't expect Gators fans to understand it. Tebow cried when he lost a game against lil ole Mississippi in the Swamp of all places. It must have hurt. I felt his pain. Since the Gator Nation turns on itself in bad times... you think Urban Meyer's health was really bad or was it the decline of the program that had Foley upset turning on Meyer... Meyer had one year off and came back to Ohio St... weird, huh.

As for our bowls...
We beat a South Carolina team that had the same Marcus Lattimore that ripped through Georgia 3 years now. They are favored to take the SEC East. Funny it only happen New Years Eve 2010. SEC! SEC! SEC!

Like I said, I hope the Gators walk into Doak undefeated. I really, really do. Nothing like crushing dreams.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Yeah being a top 25 team is"the suck", which you were when little unranked FSU came and killed them in their matchup (again Jan 1, 2010).

Some numbers... Smith has 1996 passing yards. West Virginia's defense has given up 1680 passing yards. They are on borrowed time.

If the ACC and FSU was so bad, why did West Virginia shave us off their schedule for this year and next... that's right because History Repeats Itself.

I wouldn't expect Gators fans to understand it. Tebow cried when he lost a game against lil ole Mississippi in the Swamp of all places. It must have hurt. I felt his pain. Since the Gator Nation turns on itself in bad times... you think Urban Meyer's health was really bad or was it the decline of the program that had Foley upset turning on Meyer... Meyer had one year off and came back to Ohio St... weird, huh.

As for our bowls...
We beat a South Carolina team that had the same Marcus Lattimore that ripped through Georgia 3 years now. They are favored to take the SEC East. Funny it only happen New Years Eve 2010. SEC! SEC! SEC!

Like I said, I hope the Gators walk into Doak undefeated. I really, really do. Nothing like crushing dreams.
We put up more yards than we lose. If you win you win regardless of defense, and WVU wins unlike FSU. So you can criticize the defense all you want but the fact remains we are better.

WVU dropped you because now that we are in the big 12 we don't need you. FSU is a cupcake and does nothing for WVU. I understand you are upset as FSU needs to play credible teams as there are none in the ACC. But FSU is not credible. We eat steak and not girly cupcakes.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:

As for our bowls...

It's really easy to see why people on this board can't stand you.

FSU has not had a top quality team since 1999. 1999

FSU has not been good enough to win the horrible ACC since 2005. 2005

Since the last time you won the ACC UF has two national titles

Look at all this recent BCS success!!

Year BCS Game BCS Game Result Opponent PF PA
2002 Sugar Bowl L #4 Georgia 13 26
2003 Orange Bowl L #10 Miami 14 16
2005 Orange Bowl L #3 Penn State 23 26

Old 10-09-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
We put up more yards than we lose. If you win you win regardless of defense, and WVU wins unlike FSU. So you can criticize the defense all you want but the fact remains we are better.
Don't worry your first loss should be soon because of your defense woes. I will remind you then.

Quote:
WVU dropped you because now that we are in the big 12 we don't need you. FSU is a cupcake and does nothing for WVU. I understand you are upset as FSU needs to play credible teams as there are none in the ACC. But FSU is not credible. We eat steak and not girly cupcakes.
So you need the steak known as James Madison... I got it Marshall man that is Prime Cut. *chuckle*

Fear... plain and simple. FSU 3 WVU 0.

Quote:
FSU has not had a top quality team since 1999. 1999
I guess making the National Championship game as the #2 team doesn't make you a quality team. I forgot the Gator standings, either Win the Natty or you aren't a good team.

Quote:
2005 Orange Bowl L #3 Penn State 23 26
We came into that game with a 8-5 record (the third best ACC team) and took the #3 team to triple OT, i.e. a team highly favored to beat us. Sure it was a L but that alone doesn't explain what happened that day. Again, we play up and down to competition. We have been doing that since the 2001 season started.

Congrats on landing Percy Harvin, i.e. the meal ticket for your Nattys. Hats off.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Don't worry your first loss should be soon because of your defense woes. I will remind you then.

So you need the steak known as James Madison... I got it Marshall man that is Prime Cut. *chuckle*

I guess making the National Championship game as the #2 team doesn't make you a quality team. I forgot the Gator standings, either Win the Natty or you aren't a good team.

We came into that game with a 8-5 record (the third best ACC team) and took the #3 team to triple OT, i.e. a team highly favored to beat us. Sure it was a L but that alone doesn't explain what happened that day. Again, we play up and down to competition. We have been doing that since the 2001 season started.

Congrats on landing Percy Harvin, i.e. the meal ticket for your Nattys. Hats off.
Sorry. Since 2000. Your correction means you have been average for 11 years instead of 12.

FSU hasn't had a quality team since 2005. We certainly aren't talking national championship contenders only here.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:

WVU could very well lose a game. Go ahead and remind me if it happens. We actually play in a tough conference against good teams and not cupcakes like FSU. Unlike you I dont claim WVU is the best team ever, and use what happened 10 years to back it up. I dont spend my time here hyping WVU up and talking trash. I cheer when WVU wins and support them when they lose. I feel they are good enough that their playing speaks for itself, and they dont need me pissing off everyone in a forum. WVU gets what it earns, unlike FSU who has a free pass, but isnt good enough to even use it. Also, unlike you I have respect for our opponents.

I wouldnt make fun of FSU if they lost to a good team, and a hard schedule. However, they lost to NC State in the ACC. You had the easiest schedule imaginable. You basically had a free pass to the NC, and blew it. It is pathetic. You only had one tough game against Florida and they are not in your conference. All you had to do was eat cupcakes, but FSU couldnt even do that. All you have to do is win the ACC who are even more cupcake than the Big E. Pathetic.

That is what you dont get. FSU gets no respect because they havent earned it. However, you act like they do because of what happened a decade ago and because they beat some 2nd tier teams. You also bash teams in good conferences who face good opponents, something FSU has yet to do. I know you are bitter that the ACC, and FSU get no respect, but you need to realize that is due to your poor football and not anything a real conference like the SEC or the Big 12 did.

NOBODY in this forum was impressed with FSU even before they lost. You need to learn to respect your betters.

And yes FSU adds nothing to WVU. Beating FSU would give WVU no credibility or respect, even if they win by a lot. We get that by beating Big 12 opponents, So yes FSU is in the same league as Marshall and JMU. All cupcakes taste the same, and those cupcakes are much closer. So yes WVU has 2-3 easy games, but also has to face the best teams in the Big 12. It is easy for FSU to criticize since they play only 1 good opponent, and a out of conference one at that, but WVU unlike FSU has a tough schedule. If FSU wasnt rejected by the Big 12 you would understand this.

Also, it is funny how you try to justify FSU now by going back a decade. Nobody cares. Sports are about the present. All you have memories of better times as you lose to unranked ACC teams. Cowboys were good in he 90s too. And a loss is a loss. You lost the bowl so nobody is impressed that you only lost by 3 points. There is no trophy for that.

Last edited by cry_havoc; 10-09-2012 at 09:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football