Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 12:53 PM

709 posts, read 1,401,011 times

Advertisements

Ya, if our D can't learn to tackle then WVU is going to light us up something scary in Austin this week.

But wow, ScoPro could you have possibly predicted Ash would have become what he has? The guy has been great. That 4th down pass he had at the end of the game had me running around yelling! The kid may be a winner after all.

At the start of the season I thought we would have one of the best D's in the nation and a solid running O, but mediocre to sub mediocre O overall. Turns out it has been our O winning games for us this season. Hope we have Hicks back by kick off this week for WVU. We will need him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 02:01 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,332,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoLJ View Post
Ya, if our D can't learn to tackle then WVU is going to light us up something scary in Austin this week.

But wow, ScoPro could you have possibly predicted Ash would have become what he has? The guy has been great. That 4th down pass he had at the end of the game had me running around yelling! The kid may be a winner after all.

At the start of the season I thought we would have one of the best D's in the nation and a solid running O, but mediocre to sub mediocre O overall. Turns out it has been our O winning games for us this season. Hope we have Hicks back by kick off this week for WVU. We will need him!
Agree with all of that.

Except that I don't watch the away games on TV. The wife does while I retreat to my mancave to watch other games or read a book.

MY blood pressure can't stand watching the Horns on TV live unless it turns into a positive blowout.

Heart disease sucks.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:20 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,220 times
Okay, I admit, I've got one foot on the FSU bandwagon. I need more reasons to jump on board completely, though.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:37 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,240,080 times
Very proud of this Wolfpack team. What a thrilling win.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:41 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Okay, I admit, I've got one foot on the FSU bandwagon. I need more reasons to jump on board completely, though.
Time to take the foot out of the FSU bandwagon.

I understand that there was hope this year was going to be an exception to them sucking, along with the rest of the ACC, but atlas not this year.

Pity.

There is always next year.

Also congrats to the wolfpack.

Perhaps now all the FSU boosters will shut up.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:16 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Well... they certainly didnt give you more reason to jump on board... O, well.

Looks like a 7 team Natty race now between Bama, Oregon, K-State, WV, SC, Florida, and ND.

The Big 12 and SEC teams will weed themselves out because they have to play each other. Oregon & ND have the easiest road since the PAC and Indy schedules are so weak...

The SEC Championship will be the defacto semi-final again if Bama and whoever they face (SC or Florida) are undefeated.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 AM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times
Let's Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 06:32 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,345,804 times
Right on Mr. GE.

Once again the ACC is out. I'd love to see SC in the NC but they have such a tough road, LSU and Florida on the road the next 2 weeks. The Big 12 is funny, everyone picks OU or Texas and last year it was OKST and this year WV and K-State. B1G has little chance, even though Ohio St. looks decent. And who'da thunk ND?

Old 10-07-2012, 06:54 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Well... they certainly didnt give you more reason to jump on board... O, well.

Looks like a 7 team Natty race now between Bama, Oregon, K-State, WV, SC, Florida, and ND.

The Big 12 and SEC teams will weed themselves out because they have to play each other. Oregon & ND have the easiest road since the PAC and Indy schedules are so weak...

The SEC Championship will be the defacto semi-final again if Bama and whoever they face (SC or Florida) are undefeated.
You really think K-State, and WVU all have significantly tougher paths than ND or Oregon? I don't accept that. ND still plays Stanford this week, Oklahoma in two weeks and we end the season against USC. It's not Florida's schedule but it's nothing to sneeze at either. Florida has the toughest road to hoe still as they play USCe, UGA (who will always be a tough game for UF because it's a rivalry) and even FSU who is still dangerous and if they make through all that they'll have 'Bama in Atlanta. Admittedly after today the road for UF looks a little less daunting but I still think it's the toughest path forward.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:46 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
You really think K-State, and WVU all have significantly tougher paths than ND or Oregon? I don't accept that. ND still plays Stanford this week, Oklahoma in two weeks and we end the season against USC. It's not Florida's schedule but it's nothing to sneeze at either. Florida has the toughest road to hoe still as they play USCe, UGA (who will always be a tough game for UF because it's a rivalry) and even FSU who is still dangerous and if they make through all that they'll have 'Bama in Atlanta. Admittedly after today the road for UF looks a little less daunting but I still think it's the toughest path forward.
Relax...

I wasnt specifically knocking the opponents of ND or Oregon... Yes they both have formidable opponents left, Im not saying they do not. All I meant is they don't HAVE to play one of the other 7 undefeated Natty contending teams I mentioned before the actual Natty game... The teams in the SEC and Big 12 do.

And if you think UF has the toughest road, they would count as an SEC team so you are arguing for my statement. And how can you argue ND still has to play OK when so does WV and K-State already beat them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football