Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 09:32 PM

247 posts, read 445,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitrinite View Post
The DMV on Memorial Dr is moving so I hope they do something with that shopping center. Preferably tear it down.
Hobby Lobby is locating there, Area will be torn down. Now I can speak on it since it's set in stone now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 05:27 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesrock View Post
Maybe this will be the end of that shopping center... or maybe they were informed that they would be selling or redeveloping the shopping center and that they should start looking for a new location.

Greenville DMV office closing while moving locations - WNCT
I like that location. Right across from the Greenville mall.

There are 2 construction projects under way on Stantonsburg Rd about 3/4 mile to the west of it's intersection with US 264 and Bee's BB Rd. There are no signs but there is a lot of heavy equipment. I will try to find out who owns the lots when OPIS is working correctly. OPIS

Old 05-08-2014, 06:43 AM

52 posts, read 96,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post

There are 2 construction projects under way on Stantonsburg Rd about 3/4 mile to the west of it's intersection with US 264 and Bee's BB Rd. There are no signs but there is a lot of heavy equipment. I will try to find out who owns the lots when OPIS is working correctly. OPIS
----

Wasn't this going to be one of those Walmart Neighborhood Market grocery stores?

Old 05-08-2014, 11:30 AM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times
Quote:
Hobby Lobby is locating there, Area will be torn down. Now I can speak on it since it's set in stone now.
Is this for real? That's awesome if so...that shopping area was terrible.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:07 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,599,646 times
Hobby Lobby does not usually move into new construction. They like second generation (at least) buildings. If the whole place is actually being razed and rebuilt for them, that's pretty cool.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:14 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,630,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Hobby Lobby does not usually move into new construction. They like second generation (at least) buildings. If the whole place is actually being razed and rebuilt for them, that's pretty cool.
They opened a store in High Point last year; it was new construction (they did a concrete tilt-up building).

Old 05-08-2014, 01:31 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
Any links?

So perhaps all this clearing out around Barbour Honda is related to a new shopping center and not a car dealership expansion?

Old 05-08-2014, 03:29 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,599,646 times
The land immediately to the south of Honda where there used to be a hotel was actually cleared for their expansion. Bob Barbour/Rick Hendrick bought the land and razed the hotel.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:00 PM

247 posts, read 445,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
They opened a store in High Point last year; it was new construction (they did a concrete tilt-up building).
Yes you are right emelvee! I've known about this for a little while but construction should start end of year. And yes they will be tearing down and rebuilding.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:13 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,311,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post

Let us know when you find anything out. Are they going to get started completing that 264 loop anytime soon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina