Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 04:02 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,104,814 times

Advertisements

Coming in 2015! Air U Indoor Trampoline Park & Party Center of Greenville NC! TJ and I are thrilled to announce this fun family entertainment center for all ages to enjoy in a safe and exciting way! If you’ve never experienced a trampoline park you are in for a fun surprise! Visit Air U Indoor Trampoline Park and Birthday Party Center in Longview, Texas and Shreveport, Louisiana to see some pictures and find out what we will offer from Birthday Parties to Corporate events, After School Care, hourly jumping times, dodge ball, a giant ninja course over foam pits, trampolines with basketball goals for ultimate dunking, Airobics and more! Please share this announcement with your friends on your page and help us spread the excitement! Stay tuned for more exciting updates with our Greenville website, Facebook page and photos as we break ground in the coming weeks!

https://www.facebook.com/airugreenvillenc?fref=photo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 06:53 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
The Air U Trampoline Park is huge for Greenville. Pretty much any parents with young children in Greenville will tell you, there is really very little to do with them when the temperature drops...or really at all that dosen't involve paying team sports.

I've driven to Raleigh multiple times to go to Sky Zone, it's going to awesome to have one here. Kudos to whomever finally had the money to do this. I think it will be very successful. I imagine it's the same people who operate ECCats if they are going to stick it way out there.

It's a good first step towards getting more entertainment in town for children. The science museum uptown will be good in probably 5 - 10 years when they have time to expand towards their full plan, until then it'll be a little rinky dink I imagine but better than nothing. Too bad there is no Marbles Museum type place here.

The lazer tag place is great, but I'm afraid for their future because of their prices. They are a bit high for me to warrent going more than once on occasion.

Last edited by jpirate; 01-08-2015 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: e

Old 01-08-2015, 08:26 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,553,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Coming in 2015! Air U Indoor Trampoline Park & Party Center of Greenville NC! TJ and I are thrilled to announce this fun family entertainment center for all ages to enjoy in a safe and exciting way! If you’ve never experienced a trampoline park you are in for a fun surprise! Visit Air U Indoor Trampoline Park and Birthday Party Center in Longview, Texas and Shreveport, Louisiana to see some pictures and find out what we will offer from Birthday Parties to Corporate events, After School Care, hourly jumping times, dodge ball, a giant ninja course over foam pits, trampolines with basketball goals for ultimate dunking, Airobics and more! Please share this announcement with your friends on your page and help us spread the excitement! Stay tuned for more exciting updates with our Greenville website, Facebook page and photos as we break ground in the coming weeks!

https://www.facebook.com/airugreenvillenc?fref=photo
Excellent news! I wish you nothing but the best! Trampoline parks are fun for all ages and a great workout! This is definitely something needed in Greenville.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:38 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,599,213 times
The block including former BofA downtown purchased by Ward/Taft

http://www.reflector.com/news/invest...wntown-2765921

I can't believe that ancient building is worth $1.6 mil!

Old 01-08-2015, 10:51 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
It ain't cheap to pay a national bank to close up shop.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:00 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,104,814 times
Here's some more:

BOUNDARY INVESTORS PURCHASE ENTIRE CITY BLOCK IN THE UPTOWN DISTRICT.

January 9, 2015

Boundary investors purchase entire City Block in the Uptown district.

Uptown Greenville reached record levels of investment in 2014 with the Uptown Parking Deck, the CommunitySmith Superblock project, and The Boundary at West End development, among many others. As the dawn of 2015 breaks, investment and development in the district only continues.

Uptown Greenville | Boundary investors purchase entire City Block in the Uptown district.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:05 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
The block including former BofA downtown purchased by Ward/Taft

The Daily Reflector

Its the land that has real value, not the building. It is surrounded by good streets and infrastructure, across from a major park and has the ability to serve a mixed use. THIS is what Greenville has been waiting for, development companies to realize the potential of downtown. I would bet the building with Rivers & Assoc would be on the market soon enough as well and then you have the blocks that ECU owns and is planning to redevelop. The SECU building site could be re-developed and finally the Post Office site...which that Post Office is ugly to begin with (unlike the one in say Downtown Wilmington). Not sure how you go about getting the Post Office to redevelop, but that is an important block.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:31 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
I don't ever see the US post office willing to lift a finger to that decrepit building. Probably a better chance of relocation than them ever fixing that place up.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:01 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,599,213 times
The article is locked now to subscribers but was open when I posted it last night. It says the building + land is valued at 2.48mil and the building itself is valued at 1.6mil. I know that's tax value but still, it sounds outrageous.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:53 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
This is HUGE news for the Uptown district. It would be interesting to see if something like a Condominium built for Young Professional/Empty nesters would succeed there. As a portion of the total development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina